PDA

View Full Version : Glotkin Beastmen Ambush

kylek2235
02-11-2014, 03:30
I finished reading my Glotkin book today and while going over the rules, I noticed the new Beastmen ambush rules. In the rules, it allows characters with the Beastmen ambush rule to ambush with herds. I didn't think their were any characters with the Beastmen ambush rules. In 6th ed, yes, scout, yes, but no beast ambush. Not even khazrak. Does anyone think we might see a new khazrak ruleset or did I just miss a character somewhere?

EvanM
02-11-2014, 04:03
I dont know if you missed anything, I dont own the book myself, but can i just say: being able to ambush a core unit of decently good close combat infantry is pretty sweet IMO. Good for beastmen, god knows they needed some love

kylek2235
02-11-2014, 04:49
The only real difference between the old ambush and the new is the removal of the "must have another equal sized unit" part of it, ie at max only half your core would ever be able to ambush. Now, theoretically, your entire core could ambush. Its not normal ambush though. A d6 determines the table edge

Malagor
02-11-2014, 07:16
I think this is a case of GW not really knowing what they put into the armybook since yeah, no character has that rule.
Not that ambushing is a good thing to begin with.

Grupax
02-11-2014, 13:37
ungrol half horn has the rule... that's about it. (waterproof and saved them a later errata for people claiming that ungrol can't ambush in the end time rules :D)

AmaroK
03-11-2014, 19:23
I think this is a case of GW not really knowing what they put into the armybook since yeah, no character has that rule.
Not that ambushing is a good thing to begin with.

Hopefully this is made with a new Beastmen army book in mind, and characters can ambush on that one. Hasting said something about plastic centigors on 2015, so I keep the hopes up. And ambush in turn one is pretty good, the problem is that those units fall out of the leadership bubble and it can be very tricky. With characters being able to ambush, it would be really great, much better than people think right now.

decker_cky
04-11-2014, 03:49
Hopefully this is made with a new Beastmen army book in mind, and characters can ambush on that one. Hasting said something about plastic centigors on 2015, so I keep the hopes up. And ambush in turn one is pretty good, the problem is that those units fall out of the leadership bubble and it can be very tricky. With characters being able to ambush, it would be really great, much better than people think right now.

Marks are a huge improvement to ambush now too. Panic is a big issue with ambush regardless, so khorne or slaanesh makes opponents focus a LOT more to take down those units. Being a lot less investment along with that makes it pretty good IMO. Not amazing, but turn 1 and having the option whether to ambush or not are big improvements compared to BRB ambush.