PDA

View Full Version : Poll: "It is no mortal man that you should fear?" Who is Kairos refering to(spoilers)

Turgol
03-11-2014, 10:45
This is the very last sentence of ET: Glottkin. It obviously refers to a possible bane of Archaon. Who do you think it is?

Bloodknight
03-11-2014, 10:49
Whenever something like that comes up, it's a female. In this case probably immortal, too.

theJ
03-11-2014, 11:01
Whenever something like that comes up, it's a female. In this case probably immortal, too.

Refering to Lord of the Rings, are we? You do realise the original version had him killed by a halfling, yes? 'tis was just the movie that messed things up.
While loopholes are all well and good... it'd be pretty darn cheap for a woman to be the reference this time around, methinks...

so.... I'm gonna go for Kairos himself. Would be suitably Tzeentchian to openly fortell yourself killing Archaon right in front of him and get away with it because he doesn't realise what you've just said :D

Quetzalcoatl
03-11-2014, 11:09
I'd say that the ending of Book I, and him being who he is, Settra is a worthy nominee.
What would be more Chaotic than two mighty lords, one in south and one in north forever battling for world dominance?

Yamabushi
03-11-2014, 11:12
Nagash would be my bet.

Bloodknight
03-11-2014, 11:39
Refering to Lord of the Rings, are we?

No, it's a common mythological trope, you find variants of that in Greek mythology, Norse mythology, Hindu mythology, even in Macbeth. LotR wasn't very original there.
Not that I would remember it, I watched those movies 10 years ago once because everybody said they were good. I found the book to be quite the boring read as a youth.

rolly_321
03-11-2014, 11:42
My votes in order of preference:
1. Grimgor ironhide, not only are orks not human but they also do not have a gender. Also, as if Grimegore would let that pansy chaotic wimp get away a second time.
2. One of the female elf characters, because sometime GW loves cliches almost as much as they excessive prices.
3. Cannon ball to the face, can't say it doesn't technically fit everything Kairos said.
4. Kairos, because that's how Tzeench rolls.

snyggejygge
03-11-2014, 11:57
Nagash, Belakor could be a viable candidate as well.

DeathGlam
03-11-2014, 12:00
No idea but i would like it to be Be'lakor.

Warpsoul
03-11-2014, 12:01
No, it's a common mythological trope, you find variants of that in Greek mythology, Norse mythology, Hindu mythology, even in Macbeth. LotR wasn't very original there.
Not that I would remember it, I watched those movies 10 years ago once because everybody said they were good. I found the book to be quite the boring read as a youth.

I agree- Clytemnestra, Medea, etc. in Greek mythology. As for the Battle of the Pelennor, It was a combined effort. In the book, Eowyn stabs the Witch King of Angmar before Merry weakens him with the barrow blade of Westernesse.

As for Kairos, I'd imagine GW will expect us to assume this will be either a female or an undead. So my guess is someone so outside the box that is will be a big surprise.

There is no way in hell that it could be Grimgor Ironhide. Gw will want to avoid that mess again.

TheGreatestGood
03-11-2014, 12:02
I guess even a male elf doesn't count as a man so maybe tyrion having drawn widowmaker.

Lord Dan
03-11-2014, 12:03
Ain't nobody stopping Karl Franz Ascendant if he wants to drive his power hammer into some Chaos Lord's ugly behelmeted mug.

Odin
03-11-2014, 12:08
The possibilities are endless really.

Kerrahn
03-11-2014, 13:16
Be'lakor I think, especially with how he's been fleshed out in the Battlescroll, the Archaon: Everchosen novel, and that little conversation with Mannfred in the Battlescroll where he implies Mannfred's future under Nagash's rule, and offers to be his ally when the time comes (it's been my thought since Book 1 that Be'lakor and Mannfred will betray their respective masters).

Ayin
03-11-2014, 13:25
How is Settra not named on the list of options? He's an immortal creature, he plays a prominent role in the Nagash book, he's brought back by the Chaos Gods and is the King of Kings, seems like he'd fit very well as the one for Kairos to refer to.

Enigmatik1
03-11-2014, 14:54
How is Settra not named on the list of options? He's an immortal creature, he plays a prominent role in the Nagash book, he's brought back by the Chaos Gods and is the King of Kings, seems like he'd fit very well as the one for Kairos to refer to.

Because everyone always seems to forget about Settra for some reason. Not entirely sure why...;)

Honorable mention goes to Morathi.

Alltaken
03-11-2014, 16:32
No idea but i would like it to be Be'lakor.
Be'lakor is in the cover of slayer the last book of gotrek and felix. Rarely cover people survive that book.

Malagor
03-11-2014, 16:40
Fishmen obviously.

amysrevenge
03-11-2014, 17:47
Other - Settra.

(My "joke" choice is THOREK ASCENDED.)

Shadowfane
03-11-2014, 17:51
Gotrek and Felix - because one's a dwarf and the other doesn't count - and apparently they kill EVERYONE in this system.... :p

Micalovits
03-11-2014, 20:06
My guess would either be one the elves, aka teclis or whoever has been hinted at pulling some of those strings, Nagash or being betrayed by one of the chaos gods...
Could also be fun to see what the hell happens with setra, though my guess would be that his role will be to end nagash

Folomo
03-11-2014, 20:34
My vote goes for Settra too.
But I must say that sort of prophecy is pretty bland on a game where EVERYTHING is not a mortal man.
The only factions you could discount from the 15 played are Bretonnia and Empire, but BOTH have a character that is not only their strongest fighter but also doesn't qualify as a mortal man.
In fact, the prophecy would have been more useful had it said "no matter of rat will kill you".

MiyamatoMusashi
05-11-2014, 11:14
Refering to Lord of the Rings, are we? You do realise the original version had him killed by a halfling, yes? 'tis was just the movie that messed things up.

Actually, the trope of a prophecy saying "no man can kill you" leaving the loophole of a woman still being able to, is one with a long and well-established history in fantasy and pulp fiction. It even gets placed in the list of The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord (http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html) (position #153, so sadly not in the top 100), formulated circa 1996, long before the LotR movies were made:

153. My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles.

In fact, it's such an over-used trope that one can usually spot it a mile off. I am put in mind of Gav Thorpe's godawful Claws of Chaos trilogy, where the prologue mentioned a "figure" (of suspiciously non-specific gender, referred to as "it" or "they" instead of the more natural "he"; almost as though the author was trying to avoid saying "she") fighting against the big bad boss. The reader had to suffer through three terrible books before it being confirmed right near the very end that yes, in fact, this "figure" was indeed female - in fact, the female character we met in chapter one of book one. It's really not much of a plot twist because we've all seen it all before.

But I must say that sort of prophecy is pretty bland on a game where EVERYTHING is not a mortal man.
The only factions you could discount from the 15 played are Bretonnia and Empire, but BOTH have a character that is not only their strongest fighter but also doesn't qualify as a mortal man.
In fact, the prophecy would have been more useful had it said "no matter of rat will kill you".

True. Even if we assume a certain looseness of language regarding the "man" part, and include Elves and Dwarfs in that; it would be a huge stretch to include Skaven or Orcs, let alone Undead (all flavours), Daemons, Dragons, Griffons, avatars of divinity, or beings of raw power in the definition of "mortal man", all of which are present in the Warhammer world, in some numbers; so really the prophecy says... well, nothing at all. I wouldn't be very reassured if such a prophecy were made about me... I'd probably be more worried, if anything, wondering what manner of beastie were going to get me, and just how gruesome my inevitable death was going to be.

N00B
05-11-2014, 13:29
Archaeon gains the gift of immortality (in the sense of no death from natural causes) but at the cost of his sanity and then in a fit of madness kills himself.

Baraqiel
05-11-2014, 13:36
Aliathra reborn.

cornonthecob
05-11-2014, 14:02
Potential candidates...

Nagash - Coco wont be clowning around THIS time. I suspect Nagash could --if sufficiently ticked off-- gank Archeaon

Grimgor - As cliche as it would be this time he finishes the headbutt with a fatality, wearing The Everchosens head as a new Boss hat.

Karl Franz Ascended - Super Saiyan Karl Franz Kamehamehas Archaeon after the poor chump realizes Karls over 90000 !

Lord Snitch - He is the UBER Assassin

Settra - With Destroyer of eternities...maybe ? But since (at the moment) he's just a head I dont think he can do much

Enigmatik1
05-11-2014, 15:27
Settra - With Destroyer of eternities...maybe ? But since (at the moment) he's just a head I dont think he can do much

The Destroyer of Eternities was seemingly destroyed when Aphophas tried to instajib Nagoon with it and Settra is currently not just a head. However, they distinctly pointed out all of Settra's traditional (his sword, his brooch and his chariot) gear being destroyed in ET: Nagash with the somewhat ironic exception of the Crown of Nehekhara. So Big Sett is gonna need some new gear if he's gonna step to any of the remaining big guns.

Adohi-Tehe
05-11-2014, 16:30

Actually the movie is very much correct. They only left out one thing and that is how they were able to wound the Witch-King in the first place. Merry's blade was the same one that he had received from Tom Bombadil at the Barrow Downs (something omitted in the movie) and was forged by the Men of Westernesse, the Dunedain, during their war against the Witch-King of Angmar. The blades had been enchanted so as to be able to harm wraiths and when Merry stabbed the Witch-King in his leg he rendered him vulnerable to physical attacks (essentially it made an Ethereal creature vulnerable to non-Magical Attacks in Warhammer terms). Thus Eowyn was able to kill the Witch-King by quite literally stabbing him in the head thus fulfilling Glorfindel's prophecy that, "not by the hand of man shall he fall," as in the end he was destroyed by a woman and a hobbit :).

CaledorAscendent
05-11-2014, 17:20
That's only sort of right. The fact that it was a sword of Numenor had nothing to do with it. Firstly, Frodo stabbed the Witch King with a blade from Numenor near Weathertop and it did nothing to him, and Aragorn says that no blade forged by mortal men can hurt the Nazgul, and that's true. The only swords that could hurt the Nazgul are blessed by Elven spells, and little daggers from Numenor are definitely not blessed by Elven spells. The fact that all 9 wraiths were alive, well, alive isn't the right word, demonstrates that there are not really any weapons that can hurt them usually. Also, the Nazgul are the only wraiths out there, and at the time that the blades were forged that would be found in the barrows, the Nazgul were either not known about, not considered a major threat, or thought destroyed. Numenor didn't really have any weapons to fight the Nazgul, other than Elven-forged blades, which the swords from the barrows are definitely not.

I think he is referring to an Elf, a Skaven, or a Lizardmen guy.

Sqallum
05-11-2014, 17:42
That's only sort of right. The fact that it was a sword of Numenor had nothing to do with it. Firstly, Frodo stabbed the Witch King with a blade from Numenor near Weathertop and it did nothing to him, and Aragorn says that no blade forged by mortal men can hurt the Nazgul, and that's true. The only swords that could hurt the Nazgul are blessed by Elven spells, and little daggers from Numenor are definitely not blessed by Elven spells. The fact that all 9 wraiths were alive, well, alive isn't the right word, demonstrates that there are not really any weapons that can hurt them usually. Also, the Nazgul are the only wraiths out there, and at the time that the blades were forged that would be found in the barrows, the Nazgul were either not known about, not considered a major threat, or thought destroyed. Numenor didn't really have any weapons to fight the Nazgul, other than Elven-forged blades, which the swords from the barrows are definitely not.

I think he is referring to an Elf, a Skaven, or a Lizardmen guy.

I hope it is the most powerful magic user, and the bane of chaos - Kroak. It would be beyond great if this guy got resurrected to close the tide of chaos, and got the ruleset he deserves.

TheOldblood
05-11-2014, 17:48
Kroak could be a really interesting character in general for the End Times, and I think he qualifies as not mortal... It would be nice to see some Lizzies.

The obvious answer is Nagash - he is no longer mortal, but it is almost too obvious. I was perplexed when I read Fateweaver's words.

Eddie Chaos
05-11-2014, 18:01
I hope Nagash's spell woke up Kroak and the other relic priests, that would be awesome.

jprp
05-11-2014, 18:55
Level 10 elemental.

jprp
05-11-2014, 18:55
AAngor and or Saator?

jprp
05-11-2014, 18:56
Drachenfels ? (snigger.)

MiyamatoMusashi
05-11-2014, 21:14
Drachenfels ? (snigger.)

You just won the thread.

ShruikhanTK
05-11-2014, 21:17
regarding Settra lets not forget he was revived by chaos because he had major beef with Nagash. If anyone deserves to stick the blade into Nagash's side its going to be Settra. I also think he will b wielding the DoE simply because he tried to reach the blade during the battle but it was not at its resting place. I'm sure he will recover it before its all over. I don't think the chaos gods would have bothered to bring one Undead King back if they didn't think he would be Nagash's downfall. Theres just too much rich story to tell there and I'm betting my TKs on Settra being there in the end.

As for Lord Kroak, I would be interested if his spirit could now directly interact with his mummified body due to the winds of death being so powerful. Karl Franz seems destined to defeat Archaeon though I don't see any other champion having an edge story wise, not event the elves and the widow maker, they had their time in the first incursion I think its going to be Sigmar reborn vs the 3 eyed raven. It may not be entirely 1vs1 though.

I think the Lizardmen are going to solve the rift problem in the north, maybe even the skaven themselves since sotek is heralded by the comets return as well. Great Horned Rat is here so the stage is set.

Elves may end up doing something with the vortex, could be in unison with the Slaan

Dwarfs, not really sure but something ancestral uncovered for sure.

There are still 3 Exalted Demons left for match ups and 9 Mortarchs left. Although I expect Vlads loyalty to the Empire before Nagash for some reason, and Isabella above all else. Mannfred needs to die now, preferably to Vlad\

Theres that one Beastmen demigod too...the one that keeps comming back forgot his name, possible match up with Orion maybe?

Kroq-gar vs Exalted G. Demon of Khorne make it happen!

Enigmatik1
05-11-2014, 22:25
regarding Settra lets not forget he was revived by chaos because he had major beef with Nagash. If anyone deserves to stick the blade into Nagash's side its going to be Settra. I also think he will b wielding the DoE simply because he tried to reach the blade during the battle but it was not at its resting place. I'm sure he will recover it before its all over. I don't think the chaos gods would have bothered to bring one Undead King back if they didn't think he would be Nagash's downfall. Theres just too much rich story to tell there and I'm betting my TKs on Settra being there in the end.

I think we have very similar viewpoints here, my friend. However, I don't think it makes any sense for him to wield the Destroyer of Eternities simply based on the fluff of that weapon. With Usririan's power being subsumed by Nagoon, it cannot work on him (hence my Apophas failed) as I recall. It's power, much like the Scarab Brooch of Usirian, is drawn from Usirian himself who no longer exists and has, in essence, been replaced by Nagoon. No...Big Sett is gonna need a new blade to wave around and shiny new chariot to ride.

Hellfire Sword + (Undead) Gorebeast Chariot Settra incoming?!? :shifty:

Philhelm
05-11-2014, 23:02
My vote is for Ascended Deathclaw, who apparently also wields the Essence of Ghal Maraz.

WomBone
05-11-2014, 23:46
I see it as a Lord of The Rings rip-off and it will be a Mortal Female.

TheOldblood
06-11-2014, 00:00
It is a common trope that LOTR used (Though Glotkin majorly rips of Pelennor fields!): it is seen in Hamlet, for example. Plus who are the major females?

The important part isn't man. It is mortal.

Dryaktylus
06-11-2014, 00:32
Drachenfels ?

That's just dumb. Who are you kidding?

It's of course:

Genevieve Sandrine du Pointe du Lac Dieudonné.:p

forseer of fates
06-11-2014, 00:34
Its obv going to be Karl Franz or Nagash.

Son of Morkai
06-11-2014, 02:23
Seems more like a lead in to the next book than an actual hint - so it'll be whoever draws Widowmaker. I'm hoping it's Grom.

Djekar
06-11-2014, 02:57
I am actually betting on the elf chick who tried to stop the ritual summoning of Nagash at the Nine Daemons. She's not a mortal or a man!

Tygre
06-11-2014, 02:57
Tzarina Katarin of Kislev (Um... Ascended)

CaledorAscendent
06-11-2014, 03:54
I want to see Kroak come back because of all the Death Magic too. I think that is something that might actually happen, especially with how his spirit is described. I don't think it will be Nagash. I will bet against that. Nagash's destiny is to be brought down when Mannfred, Khalida, and Settra join up to destroy him just as he is about to dominate. We know Mannfred is just waiting for the chance, Settra wants to kill him, and Khalida has no loyalty to him. Vlad will choose the Empire, the Nameless, Neferata, and Luthor Harkon will choose the side that seems most likely to win, or just shrug and walk off. Only Arkhan and Krell will defend Nagash, and Arkhan has been weakened by whatever Aliathra did. It also won't be Karl Franz. That's far too obvious and blatant even for GW. I mean come on, they aren't going to tell you who is going to defeat Archaon this far before the showdown, that's just bad. Archaon backed by the Chaos Gods will kill Karl Franz and defeat Sigmar. Then, on the field of victory, he will be beaten. Certainly the Widowmaker could be the thing to defeat Archaon, but I feel like Tyrion will draw the Widowmaker and be killed before he gets to Archaon, and even if he isn't, I don't feel like Tyrion is the big-picture kind of guy that would challenge Archaon. I think it will more likely be Lizardmen, Skaven, Imrik, or Alarielle. I also agree that Mannfred needs to die very soon. I don't like him, and Vlad is so much better of a character. ShruikhanTK, I don't know....an Exalted Greater Demon of Khorne vs Kroq-Gar? That doesn't sound like a fair fight. For the demon.

Cap'n Facebeard
06-11-2014, 05:21
Not sure if its rumours or wishing, but I had read the next book is ET: Khaine. Could it be Khaine he's supposed to fear?

Charistoph
06-11-2014, 05:35
My votes in order of preference:
1. Grimgor ironhide, not only are orks not human but they also do not have a gender. Also, as if Grimgor would let that pansy chaotic wimp get away a second time.

Pretty much this. If he can catch him...

ShruikhanTK
06-11-2014, 09:35
Exalted Demon of Khorne vs Kroq-gar would be awesome regardless, a slaughtering brute of a demon vs absolute jungle savagery whats not to like?

Also I didn't know DoE was fueled by the god of death, It just seemed the way it was written that Settra was meant to wield it. What is interesting though is when Settra is restored hes not emanating fell powers he looks normal, so I doubt demonic servants or chariots and such. I am betting they will ask Settra to serve sometime in the future too lol, can already see that high point of the book.

You know to be fair though I couldn't have predicted the match ups in Glottkin, I am really Impressed with the story. Leoen Leoncuer died, but he died gloriously. I liked Kurt Hellborg but even his death was pretty awesome, poor Mundvard though haha. Favorite was Vlad putting the stake through Festus....not sure what happened....he died to a tree or a stake that grew, got a little fuzzy there in the description. Also Vlads roots seem to be within Drakwald, any lore masters have any clue as to what that would mean? Drakwald = former province might explain his desire for the throne....also give him a runefang for laughs. Is that even fair? A vampire lord with a runefang

Karl Franz might use his veto power on the whole sylvania thing

theJ
06-11-2014, 10:12
Favorite was Vlad putting the stake through Festus....not sure what happened....he died to a tree or a stake that grew, got a little fuzzy there in the description.

Festus was filled with all manner of life-giving magics. When he got impaled, those magics got on the stake as well, causing it to sprout new roots and branches at a supernatural rate... while still inside of Festus...
Quite a messy way to go :D

Spiney Norman
06-11-2014, 10:39
Actually the movie is very much correct. They only left out one thing and that is how they were able to wound the Witch-King in the first place. Merry's blade was the same one that he had received from Tom Bombadil at the Barrow Downs (something omitted in the movie) and was forged by the Men of Westernesse, the Dunedain, during their war against the Witch-King of Angmar. The blades had been enchanted so as to be able to harm wraiths and when Merry stabbed the Witch-King in his leg he rendered him vulnerable to physical attacks (essentially it made an Ethereal creature vulnerable to non-Magical Attacks in Warhammer terms). Thus Eowyn was able to kill the Witch-King by quite literally stabbing him in the head thus fulfilling Glorfindel's prophecy that, "not by the hand of man shall he fall," as in the end he was destroyed by a woman and a hobbit :).

I'm not sure that Eowyn did 'kill' the witch King, nor Merry, actually if you want to be strictly correct, I think Gollum did. The wraiths couldn't be 'killed' permanently, only banished (as they were at the ford of Bruinen), but since Gollum destroyed the ring, and Sauron, before the witch king could regenerate he was killed permanently.

In terms of the film, the Hobbits didn't have barrow blades because that scene was cut, in the movies Merry stabs the witch King with the Noldorin dagger that Galadriel gives him when they leave Lothlorien (the only concievably reason I can think of for introducing those daggers into the story, in the book they were both given belts), not the battered old sword that Aragorn gives him at Weathertop.

Back on topic, I'd like to think Nagash would be responsible, but I have a feeling he is being set up to finish off the Witch King (that's Malekith, not the chief ringwraith), who has a similar prophecy about a male Sorceror finishing him off.

I also have an uneasy feeling that a female character might pop up and deliver the final blow, maybe one that will pop up during the next book.

On the other hand, maybe since Grimgor already tried and failed to kill Archaon they will give Skarsnik the job instead this time around. It would be hilarious to see Gobbla do a 'down in one!'

EddieJA
06-11-2014, 14:12
In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that Kairos is speaking of Sigmar and/or Sigmar-powered Karl Franz, and the fact that his power has turned Karl Franz into something more than a man.

I base this on the fact that, on the very next page from that little interaction between Archaon and Kairos, is a really excellent illustration. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be Sigmar himself, or Karl Franz imbued with the power of Sigmar (as Karl Franz doesn't have a beard), but either way, the magnanimous and superior air of the figure is the perfect rebuttal to Archaon's belief that the world is going to fall before him. Putting it on the very next page gives me a feeling that the writers and illustrators meant this to be what Archaon should be fearing, as the founder of the Empire (or is spirit) is sitting there saying "Come at me, bro."

Absolutely one of the best parts of the book.

Immortus
06-11-2014, 14:18
Neferata will get into a dual through some of Manfreds scheming and get her ass spanked, resulting in Abhorash stepping in to uphold ancient oaths.

jprp
06-11-2014, 16:53
Trudd (awesome) will come back and lay waste to all the named characters in the game only for gobildygook to put him down with a surprise headbut to the nuts.

Perhaps the chaos gods are what he should fear, after all they are the ones that will lead him to his death as with all chaos champions who don`t make it to Daemonhood.

herohammer
06-11-2014, 21:16
Alariele is my vote.

1. Pretty immortal
2. Probably becomes fully immortal from fusing with Ariel in Athel Loren
2. Not a man
4. She has heroic killing blow against Archaon

Horus38
06-11-2014, 21:21
For those saying Grimgor - there's a line in the Nagash book talking about Grimgors invasion that heads North and something along the lines of it had been "foreseen/accounted for, and taken care of." So I wouldn't put much hope in that angle.
My initial thought had been Nagash, but that seems too obvious now.... :eyebrows:

Brother Haephestus
07-11-2014, 02:29
Back on topic, I'd like to think Nagash would be responsible, but I have a feeling he is being set up to finish off the Witch King (that's Malekith, not the chief ringwraith), who has a similar prophecy about a male Sorceror finishing him off.
Personally, my money is on Teclis. I believe he's manipulating both Tyrion and Malekith right now. I think he's going to deliver Tyrion up to Malekith, and while ol' scar face is busy gloating, Teclis is going to run him through. That's just me though.

KF Ascended seems to be the man to me. The two of them seem perfectly counter poised. Nagash doesn't really need Karl to take him down, I think the inherited curse is going to be his undoing.

Charistoph
07-11-2014, 02:48
For those saying Grimgor - there's a line in the Nagash book talking about Grimgors invasion that heads North and something along the lines of it had been "foreseen/accounted for, and taken care of." So I wouldn't put much hope in that angle.
My initial thought had been Nagash, but that seems too obvious now.... :eyebrows:

1. Orks never follow anyone's plan aside from "smash the git".

2. He stopped him pretty well before.

3. It's too good a joke to pass up.

snyggejygge
07-11-2014, 06:55
I dunno, maybe its just me, but I see most races as mortals, even elves, for me it has to be either a daemon, undead or a god/avatar of a god. If they do the cliche female I Will be dissapointed. So my guess is still belakor.
Personally Im hoping for Archaon to make it though, that wouldnt be cliche at all, very surprising considering the good guys always make it.

cornonthecob
07-11-2014, 10:46
Karl Franz imbued with the power of Sigmar (as Karl Franz doesn't have a beard), .

Not much time to shave during the apocalypse lol

Ramius4
07-11-2014, 13:55
Seeing as how there's supposed to be a book called End Times: Khaine... I'd say Khaine is a pretty good bet.

Immortus
07-11-2014, 16:50
I know it's poor sourcing, however Be'lakor is on the GW front page is he about to get some loving in ET:Khaine? has there been any strange messages found on the site for the lead up to the next release?

Ramius4
07-11-2014, 20:25
has there been any strange messages found on the site for the lead up to the next release?

No, and I wouldn't expect any until a week or two before release. And right now, nobody seems to know when it might be coming.

TheOldblood
07-11-2014, 22:25
I dunno, maybe its just me, but I see most races as mortals, even elves, for me it has to be either a daemon, undead or a god/avatar of a god. If they do the cliche female I Will be dissapointed. So my guess is still belakor.
Personally Im hoping for Archaon to make it though, that wouldnt be cliche at all, very surprising considering the good guys always make it.

Don't agree on Belakor, but I agree with your definition of mortal. I don't know whether Karl Franz counts for that anymore - that may be the get out clause.

jprp
07-11-2014, 22:33
Great cop out by GW to make existing characters "ascended",rather than do some decent models of some of the most powerfull background characters-i would like to see a proper model of the Dark Master rather than for eg Festus ascended.

SuperHappyTime
07-11-2014, 23:53
I like how everyone assumes that he should fear this person because they will kill him.

Perhaps he should fear failure and the wrath of the chaos gods.

jprp
07-11-2014, 23:56
Perhaps he should fear success - serving your god ETERNALLY as a Daemon may not be all great.

Cap'n Facebeard
08-11-2014, 07:31
Great cop out by GW to make existing characters "ascended",rather than do some decent models of some of the most powerfull background characters-i would like to see a proper model of the Dark Master rather than for eg Festus ascended.

Um, I think Belakor is the Dark Master, though I might be wrong on that. I'm going off the fluff in Hordes of Chaos.

jprp
08-11-2014, 10:44
Um, I think Belakor is the Dark Master, though I might be wrong on that. I'm going off the fluff in Hordes of Chaos.

Yes, but the model was always tiny and compared to the recent stuff its even less of a center piece.

Alltaken
08-11-2014, 18:24
Belakor is the dark Master. That is title

JDV311
10-11-2014, 00:04
"Legend has it that when the End Times come, a storm of such apocalyptic magnitude that even the sire of the Dragon Ogre race, Krakanrock the Black, will emerge from his ten thousand year slumber to lead his people in the final battle to visit his fury upon the world. "

forseer of fates
10-11-2014, 00:12
Good luck with that:P Kholek will be lucky to get a mention.

TheMartyr451
10-11-2014, 00:18

In the book it's Eowyn that kills the Witch-King. Merry only hurts him with the Barrow-wight sword which is enough to give Eowyn an opening with which to slay him.

jprp
10-11-2014, 00:42
In the book it's Eowyn that kills the Witch-King. Merry only hurts him with the Barrow-wight sword which is enough to give Eowyn an opening with which to slay him.
indeed. "You sting like a gnat Halfling".

Horus38
10-11-2014, 01:00
Yes, but the model was always tiny and compared to the recent stuff its even less of a center piece.

And is still a great sculpt. I'd rather we see more diversity and new models (like they're doing) than scaling up an existing one. There are plenty of good center piece demon models without complaining that Belakor isn't as big as you'd like him to be.

N00B
10-11-2014, 01:00
Hmm. I think I might have to change my answer to Malus Darkblade. His possession makes him more demon than elf and as the scourge of khaine he could have enough power - and I wouldnt put it past anything Tzeench to turn on Archeoon if it furthered Tzeench's power.

If there is an Elf vs Archaeon book that references Khaine heavily and where the dark elves are not just bad guys then I think it more likely. :)

ESP0DAMUS
10-11-2014, 01:25
I am pretty confident in my prediction, that it will be Nagash that kills/stops Archaon.

I think Archoan will kill Vlad and then face off with Nagash who will kill/stop him, and then comes Chaos Settra to stop/kill Nagash.

Horus38
10-11-2014, 01:56
I am pretty confident in my prediction, that it will be Nagash that kills/stops Archaon.

I think Archoan will kill Vlad and then face off with Nagash who will kill/stop him, and then comes Chaos Settra to stop/kill Nagash.

Nagash will most certainly factor into things. Where do you see the ascended Karl Franz man-god in that brawl?

ESP0DAMUS
10-11-2014, 02:51
Nagash will most certainly factor into things. Where do you see the ascended Karl Franz man-god in that brawl?

Obviously he will be involved, but IIRC Archaon states that he will not be enough to stop him, to which Kairos replies with a nod of agreement. Afterwards, he makes the statement about fearing a non-mortal man.

I still think that Archaon will die before this is all over... Along with many others of course.

WarsmithGarathor94
10-11-2014, 08:07
I reckon it will be hellebron

Leogun_91
10-11-2014, 12:34
Archaeon gains the gift of immortality (in the sense of no death from natural causes) but at the cost of his sanity and then in a fit of madness kills himself.
He also has a stab happy daemonsword that might be his end. A very logical doom.

Mr.Sparkle
10-11-2014, 14:59

I hope Vlad isn't killed off quite so quickly. Having a legitimate claim to be an electoral count just has a ton of story potential post end times(if anyone survives that is)

N00B
10-11-2014, 16:02
He also has a stab happy daemonsword that might be his end. A very logical doom.

Actually that would be an awesome end. Chekhov's Gun in action!

Leogun_91
10-11-2014, 16:29
Actually that would be an awesome end. Chekhov's Gun in action!
It would but if they go that route I'd prefer the sword breaking and the daemon breaking free to get his revenge.

jprp
10-11-2014, 20:09
If it has anything to do with the sword i hope Moorcock sues.

Brother Fenix
10-11-2014, 20:16
Depends on what part of the sentance he emphasized...

1. It is no mortal man that you should fear

2. It is no mortal man that you should fear

3. It is no mortal man that you should fear

4. It is no mortal man that you should fear

CaledorAscendent
12-11-2014, 05:27
I think I may have just cracked part of the riddle. I'm now almost positive that it is not Karl Franz, Ascended or not. Fateweaver tells Archaon, "The fecund power of Nurgle did exhaust itself, just as we foretold it would, beaten at the last by the acts of mortal men." There is no doubting that it was Karl Franz Ascended that defeated Nurgle, so I think this eliminates him as the person Archaon should fear, because he was just classified as a "mortal man" by Fateweaver him/her/itself.

Alltaken
13-11-2014, 16:56
Mortal men includes louen killing a named greater daemon