PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle themed WoC list

Fist full of Pills
03-11-2014, 12:55
I wil care about points later. Here is just a list of what I want. Please let me know what you think.

Lord: Nurgle, Barded demonic steed, Trickster's helm, Talisman of preservation, Ogres blade, Soul feeder

BSB: Nurgle, Fencing blades, Talisman of endurance, Scaly skin

Sorcerer: Nurgle, Level 2, Dispel scroll

18 Warriors: Nurgle, Shields, Full command

18 Warriors: Nurgle, Halberds, Full command

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

10 Blightkings: Full command

5 Knights: Nurgle, Ensorcelled weapons, Full command

2 Hell cannons

N00B
08-11-2014, 19:33
ON THE LORD, a few points for a shield wouldnt go amiss.

I think that all halberds on the nurgle warriors would be the best option there.

Mannfred
10-11-2014, 10:45
Wow...beyond some glaring problems your list is brutal...!

Anyways the Lord, what the hell..? Barded Daemonic Steed; i'm assuming you mistyped and really what your saying is a Barded Chaos Steed cause you've got no monstrous cav units in the army and he can just be sniped out by any template weapons...if not it'll save u a couple of points...Tricksters helm is 50pts; Ogre Blade is 40pts; Talisman of Pres is 45pts...umm yeah you have way overspent...I would keep the tricksters helm and the talisman of preservation then just buy a halberd or flail for him both sweet options add in maybe potion of foolhardiness or the ironcurse icon for the last 5 points...buy the breath weapon is you want too....Keep soulfeeder cause it's gold...

BSB; again same problems Fencers Blade (35) + Talisman of Endurance (30) = (65) Personally i'd just keep Fencers Blade and buy the Dragonhelm combined with Scaly Body gives u the 1+ armour save. If you really want something really amazing take like a great weapon or halberd; helm of many eyes; dawnstone and scaly body.

Nurgle Lv2 + scroll easy :)

Nurgle warriors with halberd is the best option but honestly hand weapon shield is fine; u can ever be a bit more risque and go with great weapons....your nurgle u probs will soak much of the damage.

Hounds easy :)

Now Blightkings i don't know whether an FAQ is coming or not but their classified as infantry not Monstrous Infantry so i'd be only taking them in units of 5; not 10. you only get 1 supporting attack with them and u need a rank of 5 to get a rank bonus. If they change to Monstrous then by all means but right now 5 is all u'll need...Use them like ogres and just smack away very solid!!

5 Knights i think if u trim some points here and there with ur magic items and character load outs you'll be able to bump up the model count a bit more....you'll need a few extra models if ur lord is going in here too. They're not the best use of points but hey you should keep them cause ur list is hard already!

2 Hellcannons; omg...that pain...

I think if you make these changes you'll have an incredibly solid army and beyond the glaring weakness of no Level 4 you should be able to hold your own against many opponents

Fist full of Pills
12-11-2014, 01:33
Hey thanks for the replays and input. Yeah I noticed a lot of errors with my magic items shortly after posting. But work seems to keep butting in on my hobby time. Will consider your opinions and repost asap.

Fist full of Pills
19-11-2014, 01:01
Reworked the list just shy of 2500 points.

Lord: Nurgle, Barded chaos steed, Hellfire sword, Talisman of endurance, Soul feeder, Nurgle's rot, Ironcurse icon, Shield

BSB: Nurgle, Fencing blades, Dragon helm, Hideous visage, Scaly skin

Sorcerer: Nurgle, Level 2, Dispel scroll

18 Warriors: Nurgle, Shields, Full command

18 Warriors: Nurgle, Halberds, Full command

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

5 hounds

10 Blightkings: Full command

5 Knights: Nurgle, Ensorcelled weapons, Full command

2 Hell cannons

kikibobo
20-11-2014, 22:15
I think you are getting close. I would still follow mannfred's advice and drop 5 blightkings so you do not waste their attacks. I think you need those points to get a second lvl 2 sorcerer or find a way to sneak a lvl 4 into this list. A single lvl 2 in a 2500 point match isnt going to do you much. I typically push for 3 spells at the 1k level, let alone the 2.5k

theJ
21-11-2014, 15:03
...or, if you really want to run 10 Blightkings, simply split them up into two units.

Other than that, I'm gonna throw out the one advice I always seem to be the one to point out; Having only two spells is going to be a pain for you; There'll be far too much six-dicing to be worthwhile, if you can't go up to at least three spells(whether through an upgrade to lvl3, some fancy magic item, or via a secondary caster), then the sorcerer is going to have a hard time being worthwhile.

Bronhoms
22-11-2014, 12:06
Fencers blades are good on our Chaos Sorcerer Lord, due to his 5 weapons skill. It's not really worth it on our Exhalted Hero. A standard shield and a +str magical weapon would do better.