PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid warrior base size...

dral
04-11-2014, 11:30
I bought the Wrath of the Hive mind set and it came with three of the new 50mm bases.

Now i'm guessing these are for the warriors not the rippers, but has anyone else seen a change from the previous 40mm bases?

I don't really want to have to rebase my warriors, should raveners be on the same base too?

druchii
04-11-2014, 20:44
I bought the Wrath of the Hive mind set and it came with three of the new 50mm bases.

Now i'm guessing these are for the warriors not the rippers, but has anyone else seen a change from the previous 40mm bases?

I don't really want to have to rebase my warriors, should raveners be on the same base too?

That's odd. The warriors I bought recently (like last week, from a shipment that had come in last thursday) came with 40mms...

d

3eland
04-11-2014, 21:02
Yeah Raveners and Warriors are on Termi (40mm) bases.

The set contains 1 x60mm Round Base, 1 Large Oval Base, 3 x 50mm Round Bases, 3 x 40mm Round Bases and 20 x 25mm Round Open Slotta Bases.

Interesting. I have no clue what those would be for.

EDIT: If you look at the picture, the Warriors feet fit on the base with room to spare, but if you look at the single pic of the 3 Warriors, their feet are at the edges (like every other Warrior I have). Looks like they may be changing?

Baaltor
05-11-2014, 06:42
That's odd. The warriors I bought recently (like last week, from a shipment that had come in last thursday) came with 40mms...

d

I was going to say it they probably didn't repackage them, but doesn't GW usually do that very completely?

dral
05-11-2014, 12:06
I e-mailed them, the girl who got back to me said that warriors and hive guard have switched to 50mm. To the best of her knowledge they were the only ones though.

3eland
05-11-2014, 17:13
I e-mailed them, the girl who got back to me said that warriors and hive guard have switched to 50mm. To the best of her knowledge they were the only ones though.

That's disheartening. I have about 15 Warriors who will need new bases now :(

druchii
05-11-2014, 17:25

Aren't the rules for bases pretty open-ended in 40k now? I mean besides looks, there should be no real reason you need to rebase them....

Although I know that I will be rebasing mine now...dangit.

d

BTJ
05-11-2014, 17:25
Not if you have them on the bases they were supplied with, which has always been a GW rule

3eland
05-11-2014, 17:45
Not if you have them on the bases they were supplied with, which has always been a GW rule

True. Is there much of a difference between the two sizes (game-play wise)? I could just glue them on 50mm bases lol