PDA

View Full Version : ET:Glotkin Question..

Midevil216
04-11-2014, 11:49
Not sure if this has been addressed yet but I have a question regarding the new units added in the Glotkin book. In the White Dwarf the Putrid Blight Kings and Maggoth Lords are said to be used in Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, and Beastmen armies but in the actual ET:Glotkin book they are listed as being used in Legions of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos armies only. I assume the White Dwarf is over ridden in this case. Would you all agree?

I guess you could just make ET army and just include Deamons and the new units but it just seems odd.

EvanM
04-11-2014, 12:57
From now on, it seems like GW are content will all of chaos being combined. So there is no "end times" army vs non end times army, its not a choice, just a new thing.

Ramius4
04-11-2014, 13:03
WD is not a rulebook. ET: Glottkin is.

Col. Tartleton
04-11-2014, 13:54
From now on, it seems like GW are content will all of chaos being combined. So there is no "end times" army vs non end times army, its not a choice, just a new thing.

I wouldn't go that far. There's Legions of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos and Beastmen. Legions just has the best options.

Darnok
05-11-2014, 07:03
As per ET: Glottkin, the Blightkings can be used in either a CL army, or in a WoC army. I don't know what the rules in the Blightkings box say though. If they are identical with the WD ones, they would have a higher weight than the book rules - for being more easily accessible. Otherwise the book version trumps the WD one.

I'm also moving this to WHF Rules.

furrie
05-11-2014, 09:56

I don't agree with this, the et rules lets you combine the armies, but you can still play deamons, warriors or beastmen.

*edit*
The reason I think its that way, is that the book says that certain units can be used in loc and woc lists. That would be pointless if there was only loc

SimaoSegunda
06-11-2014, 09:45
It's most likely because DoC and Beastmen armies haven't lost any unit options from the LoC list, whereas WoC have unit(s) that they can't take in a LoC list (I'm thinking specifically of Festus the Leechlord). If you want to take blight kings in a DoC or BM army, you can just declare them to be LoC, and add that one unit to your existing army.

Ograr
12-11-2014, 22:03
Since this is a Glottkin thread with the question basicly answered, I thought I'd hijack it with a minor one of my own;

In the new Glottkin Reign of Chaos table, rolling 7 comes down to;
Eye of the Storm - Check which mark your general has, the related magical effect comes over the battlefield on each enemy unit that rolls a 6.

I was planning on running ahead of times and play a large Chaos Daemons/Warriors host led by Archaon, before I read this rule. Since he has all of the marks, does this mean they all trigger at the same time? That'd be grand, if unlikely.

Neckutter
17-11-2014, 13:03
Archaon has all the marks, doesn't he? That is how we have been playing it. All four gods' effects go off. Same thing when Archaon kills a character.

SanDiegoSurrealist
17-11-2014, 14:26
Archaon has all the marks, doesn't he? That is how we have been playing it. All four gods' effects go off. Same thing when Archaon kills a character.

I think it is safe to say that is the worst interpretation of the rules yet.
I would think pick 1 at random and move forward, not all 4.
If anyone insisted on that interpretation of the rules, I would say thanks for the game and pack up my stuff.

furrie
17-11-2014, 14:38
If anyone insisted on that interpretation of the rules, I would say thanks for the game and pack up my stuff.
or if archaon is in a marked unit, insist that archaon should leave the unit, seeing as the unit doesn't have the same mark

moonlapse
17-11-2014, 17:00
Since he has all of the marks, does this mean they all trigger at the same time? That'd be grand, if unlikely.

Not sure grand is the right word. Grossly unfair is more like it - even more so than WoC having access to this new improved chart at all.

Neckutter
17-11-2014, 17:56

But isn't RAW say that all 4 go off?
Same thing if you use Belakor. Since Belakor DOESN'T have a mark... nothing happens.

The ONLY time where this would happen is if you rolled a "7" on the winds of chaos, or if Archaon killed a character and rolls a 7 as well. He is the everchoson, and it just gives more strength to a model that doesn't see much play.

But I would like to hear some RAW arguments against all 4 not going off....

SanDiegoSurrealist
17-11-2014, 18:49
But isn't RAW say that all 4 go off?
Same thing if you use Belakor. Since Belakor DOESN'T have a mark... nothing happens.

The ONLY time where this would happen is if you rolled a "7" on the winds of chaos, or if Archaon killed a character and rolls a 7 as well. He is the everchoson, and it just gives more strength to a model that doesn't see much play.

But I would like to hear some RAW arguments against all 4 not going off....

I don't have the book, so first does it say on his Profile he is treated as having all the marks?
Does he get all the benefits that come with each mark? (ie. Is he Frenzied (Khorne mark), Have a +6 Ward (Tzeentch Mark), -1 to hit in Combat (Nurgle Mark), Auto pass all Fear, Terror and Panic (Slaanesh mark)?
Unless it specifies he has all those marks then I would say he does not have them.
If he does have all those things, he is a bad ass, and I would think the fair way to play it would be to pick 1 and go with that.

Also Belakor is not listed as an option for a Legions of Chaos list.

forseer of fates
17-11-2014, 19:25
He does have all four marks so unless he gets an update sometime he gets a lot from rolling a 7 on both charts, and tbh he needs something he's not mazing for his 600+ points.

Neckutter
17-11-2014, 22:03
His mark of the ever choson says he has all four marks. It ACTUALLY says that he has four marks, because it then goes on the elaborate that he can join and unit and any other character can join him, even with his clashing mark of chaos. Yes, he has frenzy, yes his ward save goes from 4+ to 3+, yes he is immune to psych, yes he is -1 to hit in HtH