PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000 points. Need your help with magical items...

SpaceGimli
04-11-2014, 13:59
As some of you will know, I've had my puny Empire mind bent to the will of Slaanesh recently and my painting table has been a purple mess ever since...

Here is the army list, it's a little bit unusual because it involves every unit I own so far. The reason for the 11 and 17 chaos warriors is that the sorcerers will be the missing man in these units. My theory is that the marks of slaanesh will make it okay for me to have smaller units as they wont need to take panic tests if a few get killed off on the way into combat (assume I've interpreted this correctly). All the points are invested in the Daemon Prince because he's my coolest looking model (pretty tasty Be'lakor conversion) and I wanted to use him for the 'choir bomb' tactic (hence the wings to get him there, and the familiar to make it more likely he gets to choose the spell). I need your advice on which mutations and other items to take to keep him alive longer. The only thing I don't have in my possession yet is the Hellcannon and Warhounds, so if you think my points would be better spent elsewhere let me know before pay day! I've always loved slaanesh and my models are purple/pink so the mark of slaanesh is pretty essential. Need your advice on which magical items and banners I should be taking with this list, do I really need a BSB if I'm taking mark of slaanesh in my units? Help appreciated, fanks!

Daemon Prince
Chaos Armour
Flight
Slaanesh
(Mutations)
Spell Familiar
Lvl 4 Wizard

Chaos Sorcerer
Lvl 2 Wizard
(Magic items)
(Mutations)
Slaanesh

Chaos Sorcerer
Lvl 2 Wizard
(Magic items)
(Mutations)
Slaanesh

11 Chaos Warriors
FC
(Magic standard)
Shields
Slaanesh

17 Chaos Warriors
FC
(Magic standard)
Shields
Slaanesh

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights
FC
(Magic standard)
Slaanesh
Ensorcelled Weapons

Hellcannon

PICS:
Daemon Prince with undercoat of purple (wife playing xbox in the background!) and Chaos Warrior colour scheme (I still need to brighten up the silver) your thoughts? :eyebrows:

SpaceGimli
04-11-2014, 14:01
I'm running the warriors 6 wide btw - I'm told this is the best way.

Bronhoms
05-11-2014, 11:38
I'm running the warriors 6 wide btw - I'm told this is the best way.
Maybe if you had larger units, but a unit of 12? hmm

You need a BSB (exalted hero) instead of one of the sorcerers.

The other sorcerer can take a dispell scroll.

The Slaanesh theme is nice. It's a great magic lore too imho. Not seen much, primarily because of the mark not being quite as good as nurgle or tzeentch. 3 Sorcerers with the same lore is a bit overkill though. Maybe make the sorcerer (not DP) go with some lore that synergizes well with slaanesh?

Your DP needs scaly skin and soul feeder and maybe the allure of slaanesh and Daemonblade (mutations)
and dragonhelm (if you don't take shield) or dragonbane gem (if you take shield) (items)

The BSB would do well with dawnstone and talisman of preservation, if you choose to put him in there.

Mannfred
05-11-2014, 15:22
If ur taking DP. Especially level 4 probably sticking with the tried and tested scaly skin, soul feeder, dragonbane gem, charmed shield sword of striking is fine. The 25pts cap on magic items is quite the bummer. U could also take enchanted shield which knocks u to a 2+. Daemon blade works fine with scaly skin and Dawnstone.

For ur two sorcerers a dispell scroll is mandatory. If ur playing magic heavy u may like skull of Katan to get u extra dice, a sorcerer has the same leadership as warriors so no probs.

Don't want to say u can't get away without a bsb. U may end up looking at Gleaming pennants for ur warriors just to re-roll that break test. I suppose going with bsb the slaanesh special item, the lets u pass leadership on a double then hand weapon shield scaly skin will give u something very sturdy. Could then save points on the warriors having mark of slaanesh.

Look into shadow magic. Very advise able for ur level twos. Think about an unmarked sorceress with death. Doom and darkness combo with hell cannon works too. Same with slicing shards and the withering from shadows.