PDA

View Full Version : Legion of Chaos V Karl Franz Ascendant Empire - 3k

Metacarpi
06-11-2014, 14:27
Got a game coming up against KFA, and am pondering what to bring in my Chaos Legions list - I've pretty much just thrown together what I think would be a nice looking army on the tabletop.

GUO, level 4, Exalted Gift (Eternal Blade)

Herald of Nurgle, Locus of Fecundity

Exalted Hero, BSB, Soulfeeder, MoN

Festus

29 Warriors, MoN, AHW, Standard Bearer, Musician - Exalted Hero here

29 Plaguebearers, Standard Bearer, Musician - Herald of Nurgle here

29 Gors, MoN, AHW, Standard Bearer, Musician - Festus here

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

3 Beasts of Nurgle

3 Beasts of Nurgle

3 Beasts of Nurgle

Basically what I'm asking is..... any advice?

theJ
07-11-2014, 13:15
Well, you've got the advantage of knowing what you're up against, so that's something we should probably take into consideration.
As far as I can see, there are two distinct threats that might cause you trouble; The Empire's love of high yield explosives, as well as Karl the Ascended Franz himself.

Against the artillery, you'll need mobility, so I'd recommend either blight drones or harpies, else those things will bust open you GUO like a bag of candy on halloween.

Against Franz... well... I'm honestly not sure. Nothing you have can really outfight him(I think?), and without artillery, you can't blow him up at range either. If only there were rules for high-jacking the enemy artillery pieces once you've cleared out the crew... :cries:
If I actually played any of the chaotic factions, I might be able to point you towards some suitably OP wargear to try, other than that, you best bet may be to just cut your losses, keep marching, and let him live to mourn the death of his army :evilgrin:

grumbaki
14-11-2014, 03:38
This might sound crazy. Hell it is crazy! Archaon. Charge him into Karl Franz ascendant. Have a shadow Mage and 6 dice either mindrazor or withering. Unleash 10 WS 9 attacks that ignore armor saves.

If you can soften him up first, and kill Karl, you will have eternal bragging rights. Worth the risk, no?

Void Sorcerer
14-11-2014, 04:19
Do you need to stay in the realm of all Nurgle, or are you up for non-Nurgle potential?

daftpunkevo
14-11-2014, 05:44
This might sound crazy. Hell it is crazy! Archaon. Charge him into Karl Franz ascendant. Have a shadow Mage and 6 dice either mindrazor or withering. Unleash 10 WS 9 attacks that ignore armor saves.

If you can soften him up first, and kill Karl, you will have eternal bragging rights. Worth the risk, no?

or do it on simple GORS it will be as efficient without risking your 500 pts model