PDA

View Full Version : Portents : Goodbye.

Great Harlequin
22-03-2005, 21:29
Hobey-Ho!

Now due to Petes descision (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396) which I think was very brave of him to say we really might all be saying bye bye. And I have set up this thread so just in case we lose touch with one another we can remember you by this. Please post some good-byes and thank you's to the people you will miss off Portent. Please take this seriously and don't mess around.

All the bestest,

Ass Goblin
22-03-2005, 22:42
Well....that sucks :( If anyone want's to stay in contact with the lovable Ass Goblin my MSN addy thing is. assgoblinthegreat@hotmail.com. So long lovable Portent.

Oracle
22-03-2005, 23:43
It seems Pete views this as a foregone conclusion. Who knows, occasionaly people on the internet rally and end up swamping hosters withn donations. Look at that fat kid who filned himself doing Jedi moves with a golf-ball retriever. He ended up with a new iPod and Mac computer. Well, if some fat kid can make a rather large ass of himself and get money for it, I think we can arrange a donation and leadership movement and help keep Portent going.

Piku
22-03-2005, 23:44
Meandering through these pages I can't help thinking that something was happening and I missed it. (I was out in the fresh air, but it's not as good as some anti-net folk would have you believe.)

I get an odd feeling with Portent's forums, it's like I've just walked into a building which has hosted a week long party which is in it's last hour. Everyone is going home, some people are looking out for bottles that haven't yet been emptied. I think I saw some pringles left over there. There's that bedroom from which strange noises emerge, bestial howls, the sound of badgers on willow, some bad smells. The Wastes. Folk are stagering out of there now, some of them have even put their trousers back on.
I'll miss the opportunity to see peoples painted figs, I'm a sucker for the pretty pictures.

There are nearly empty rooms about now, the fantasy pages, rumours, 40k. I can't help thinking what the place looked like when the night was young, at the heyday.

Although I don't play the game often, I'm fairly sure that there was some very solid tactical advice. Somewhere.
Random Musings. Or the kitchen, strange how people cluster there.

See you around Portent.
I suppose it's only polite that we should let the host get to bed...

What? Still here? Well as long as you're hanging around you may as well help to clear up.

DaViEsW
24-03-2005, 22:23
Goodnight one and all.

billdavies@gmail.com.

gamehuis
24-03-2005, 22:37
Bye everybody. See you around.

skavenguy13
24-03-2005, 23:38
*cries*
I want the crying smilet back!!! I need it! :mad:

Anyway, I still don't know how long Portent is gonna last? Does anyone know?

If you think you'll really miss me: skaven_guy13@hotmail.com , though I'm rarely there.

Wiseman
24-03-2005, 23:49
:mad: :mad: :( dont leave me portent:(

Meh'Lindi
24-03-2005, 23:59
bye bye everyone

DarkSpikedWanderer@hotmail.com

Essia
25-03-2005, 01:14
Bye Portent! Its been a great run and I truly like to thank all those that made this website possible.

anyone still interested in continuing RPGs please contact me on po_shiang@hotmail.com.

Bye Portent, Bye Portent, Bye Portent, Bye Portent, Bye Portent, Bye Portent, Bye Portent,

Crazy Harborc
25-03-2005, 01:34
Goodbye to the old Portent, hello to the temp. Portent. I hope to be around for the new Portent.

Good, bad, happy, sad, anger, laughter, intelligent, dumb, all this and much more made/makes Portent different than the average site.

Grand Warlord
25-03-2005, 01:37
FOR PORTENT FOR GLORY!

LoremasterAndrew@Aol.com

or

DarkestAngel2k3@yahoo.com

arxhon
25-03-2005, 01:57
I'm never putting my pants back on! :cool:

See, folks, Portent isn't dead.

Portent isn't a machine in a basement somewhere.

Portent isn't Nick, or Pete, or Anseur. Pete laid the groundwork with his blood sweat and tears. Nick ran in his hamster wheel beyond exhaustion keeping the place running. Anseur climbed into the hamster wheel with Nick when Nick couldn't do it alone anymore.

But these wonderful folks aren't all of Portent, any more than a house is only the architect or only the carpenter.

You, yes, you reading this right now, are Portent.

Sure, we can all sit here and moan about how Portent is dead, and how sad it all is. But if that's all we do, Portent will die.

What you're all forgetting is:

Portent is people.

Everyone who flamed someone, everyone who argued about how cheezy Necrons are, everyone who spammed, everyone who cried when the server exploded, everyone here is Portent. We defined Portent, and made it into something greater than Pete ever imagined.

Without you, Portent would never have happened.

Portent is a pheonix.

Will this be how Portent ends? Not with a bang, but a whimper?

Lord Lucifer
25-03-2005, 03:04
Is this the part where we all start singing "Hey now, hey now, Don't dream it's over..."?

Portent is Closing. It's getting shut down
We have no more than one month on this Temporary server.
This gives us one month to make sure we can all keep contact.

As Pete pointed out in his farewell message (http://82.68.29.206/), the community here was (and is) absolutely awesome, you couldn't hope for a better group of people.
And most of us know that, most of us want to stick together.

Visit the Liferaft (http://groups.msn.com/PortentLiferaft) to keep track of the progress of a new home.
Don't let us be split and sundered.
We'll do this together and it will work :)

Hey now, hey now, Don't dream it's over...

Delicious Soy
25-03-2005, 03:57
Hey now, hey now, Don't dream it's over...I think thats going to be lost on everyone except us antipodeans LL :p.

But there must be ways of keeping such a bunch of insane, GW playing (or not playing anymore) lunatics in one place. If for not for us, thensurely for the sanity of every other GW board :p. The liferaft is the most concentrated popluation of Portenters that I'm aware of that will be establishing their own place on the net rather than an enclave on an existing site. I say thats the place we should go to pool our resources.

Essia
25-03-2005, 04:43
don't lose heart people,
let's get the new portent(whatever its gonna be called) back online again!!

Fusion
25-03-2005, 06:06
Ah, it was bound to happen sooner or later. :(. Geeze, I've been coming here since 99...wow, and it's all going away.

I'm on msn if any one wants to drop me a line.

afxsiamese {at} hotmail.com

m1s1n
25-03-2005, 06:29
A taste unlike iron--

I agree with both Lord Lucifer and arxhon--
we are not really saying goodbye, just taking the next step. Sure, the liferaft may not be the traditional red and black, but given enough time we will all be a happy family under some other domain name.
Remember--the whole can be greater than the sum of its parts--especially on the internet where physics doesn't regularly apply.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the future site. Cherish the past--but embrace the future.
Thank you Pete, Nick, and everyone else (especially you Sylass--you're such a cutie . . . in that animated bat sort of way) who made this experience possible. Hope to see everyone around!
-Josh

m1s1n@hotmail.com

Shadowheart
25-03-2005, 07:50
Bye bye Portent. You were fun while you lasted. You're set to become a legend in the GW community. Maybe someday they'll make an historically inaccurate movie based on you.

Sylass
25-03-2005, 07:58
I'll just quote what I wrote on my website (first time in abou 1/2 a year I updated it again. Maybe I'll find time to finish that layout change I planned to do 6 month ago)...

[23.3.2005] - End of an era...

Portent is dead. After the first closing of Portent.net (after 7 years of existence) the former admins/mods tried to resurrect the site and hoped that there was a second age of Portent coming.
Last night Pete put up a statement that he wasn't able to see something positive coming out of the discussions and decided against a resurecction and said he's not going to support the idea.

No idea what's going to happen now, I guess we'll just have to wait. There are still a lot of people trying to keep the former Portent community together and start something new. Maybe they'll have more success. I wish them luck.

That said, best wishes to everyone who was part of Portent. Thanks for the great time. Portent became a huge part of my life during the last years. I lacked more and more time to actually play a game of Warhammer Fantasy, Bloodbowl or Mordheim (apart of the odd WHFB tournament every now and then). Moving to a new place certainly did not help to change that.
Nevertheless, during all this time Portent was what managed to keep me interested in the hobby. Not sure what impact the closing of Portent is going to have on my future as a wargamer. At the moment I just feel kinda homeless.

Special thanks to Pete, Nick & Aaron for running that great website & the forum as long as they did. Again thanks to everyone who was part of Portent and helped making it awesome. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

RiP Portent.net. You'll be missed.

(Sylass)

violenceha
25-03-2005, 08:00
tata portent.
i'm sorry for all the times i took advantage of you, i could try and blame the fact i'd been drinking or how you were dressed, but to be honest it was because you were such a hot bitch and i just couldn't help myself.
love always
violenceha

nurgle_boy
25-03-2005, 09:03
well... i guess this is the end of such......
portent was a friend of such to me..... always there, and thet would give constructive critisism on my models, and would actually listen.
id like to thank all the portent crew for making my time as a portenteer perfect, and to all you other guys (and gals) out there, for welcoming me and (in a way, sort of.) accepting me.

anywho, thats my litle toast to you guys (and gals), and if anyone wants to keep in touch, i got messenger, nurgle__boy@hotmail.com double underscore remember.

anywho, i guess we'll need to find a new home now.....

Piku
28-03-2005, 21:58
Everyone who flamed someone, everyone who argued about how cheezy Necrons are, everyone who spammed, everyone who cried when the server exploded, everyone here is Portent. We defined Portent, and made it into something greater than Pete ever imagined.

Without you, Portent would never have happened.

Portent is a pheonix.

Will this be how Portent ends? Not with a bang, but a whimper?
I'm with that man!

''This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile.''

(Couldn't find Olivier, you'll have to make do with Kenny.)

Lord Lucifer
28-03-2005, 23:09
Soy, what's life without an inside joke or two? :p

REJOICE, My brethren!
We shall have a home once more, furnished with rich tapestries of Red and Black, and Portent shall be its name, under the sign of the auspiscious star, Portent shall be reborn anew!

mutters like a crazy old man doing the whole 'cryptic and mysterious act' thing

Sgt John Keel
28-03-2005, 23:14
Lucy, I think you have to cut down on these 'size 7' messages. :D Well, they catch one's attention that's for sure, but it isn't so subtle. Ninja stealth skills is the keyword here.

Ah, well it might be neccessary with the attention spans of some here. ;)

Lord Lucifer, Portent's own Demagouge.

And yes, I'm aware that this is utter and useless spam. :eek:

/Adrian

Fugazi
28-03-2005, 23:17
LL, so since the "email collection list" is on hold, is there anything you'd like me to do to help with the resurrection efforts?

Lord Lucifer
28-03-2005, 23:34
Sgt Keel sir, I must appolagise, I'm just a bit excited at being able to reply to messages without having to manually override my pop-up blocker ;)

Fugazi, now the Temporary Portent's back it it'd be a good idea to trawl through the membership list here and jot down e-mail addresses (there's a lot of them so I'm not expecting you to do all or even any, but it'd help... maybe grab two or three suc....uhhh, volunteers to help)

This way if the Official Ressurection takes longer than the one month timeframe of Temporary Portent's existence, we'll have the mailing list necessary to let people know when the new Portent goes up etc.
And by we I mean Nick and anyone helping Nick

Just to let everyone know, the efforts going on at the LifeRaft are, or should be, stalled.
There is an OFFICIAL successor being put in place. It's early stages just yet, but it is being organised.
Nick is at least one person sorting it out, and he's even managed to rope in some support from Pete
It will be sponsored, so the finances won't be as much of a strain as they otherwise could be. This makes for a more stable and sustainable website
If it all works out, the site will be more 'general', in other words we'll be able to discuss more clearly a broader range of wargames (this is unlikely to cut into the amount of space we devote to GW games so calm yourself if that's something you fear)

As I said, it's only early stages yet, but Nick believes it will work, and Pete's thrown in his support.
I think it'll work too.

Lets get behind it, people, our proper home is coming back :)

Sgt John Keel
28-03-2005, 23:42
As I said, it's only early stages yet, but Nick believes it will work, and Pete's thrown in his support.
I think it'll work too.

Lets get behind it, people, our proper home is coming back :)

Still, if someone would bother telling me proper what's going on? It feels too much like last time for my liking.

/Adrian

Fugazi
28-03-2005, 23:46
LL: Okay, I'll get on it.

Question: is this new resurrection taking place on the Portent.net site? Or a new site?

EDIT: The Portent members list doesn't post emails as easily as other forums. It just struck me that it'd be easier to post a thread about the exportent@gmail.com address. Am I allowed to do that?

Lord Lucifer
29-03-2005, 00:19
Don't see why not :)

Sgt Keel, I've put up a stickied thread in the Future of Portent section

We don't know much more than that because it IS in early stages.
The sponsor is lined-up I think, but I doubt Nick would name it, as a courtesy whilst negotiating or entering into dialogue with the respective parties involved

Crazy Harborc
29-03-2005, 00:20
Is it safe to assume we old/temp. Portent members will be told the new sites address when it happens. I don't want to be sucked in by a Portent pretender. I want the real thing. ;)

Lord Lucifer
29-03-2005, 01:39
If someone feeds out false addresses, I say we form a lynch-mob and beat them with sticks

Simply because beating people with sticks is a fun, healthy activity
I'm thinking of your health here, guys ;) :p

Fugazi
29-03-2005, 01:48
We can sell officially licensed Portent sticks to raise money during the beatings.

plasmadaemon
29-03-2005, 17:24
Bye now for er....until someone makes another Portent. :(

but, how about if we do a maraphon !!?

Hippy In Peril
29-03-2005, 21:58
Goodbye dear Portenters...It was a fun ride...Never seen a better set of forums...

predatorsown
29-03-2005, 23:20
Portent restored my faith in people to using the internet. I hope that you manage to get all of this sorted out soon but don't rush it. My thanks to Pete and Nick and anyone else involved. Its been fun.

Take it easy, until next time...

J.

Lord Balor
29-03-2005, 23:40
Balor Says Goodbye...and is confused by all this "We're Gonna Die!" followed by "New Site" followed by more "We're Gonna Die"...

*ponders*

Well here's my MSN Folks: kaiser_gerber@hotmail.com

Nice Knowing ya

:(

Sprue Rubbles
30-03-2005, 01:13
thanks Pete, Nick and Aaron. I'm sorry it couldn't work out for you. This is one of the very first forums where I learned my trade and I will have fond memories of it.

I'll stay in touch with you all on the raft.

theimp
30-03-2005, 01:56
Well, I'm gonna stick around until the last hurrah. After that you can find me at Frothers Unite (http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=00cda55bab524c0dd92e86e504269c6b). Or you can add me to your favorite messenger.

MSN: impernouncable@hotmail.com
Yahoo: oonooneoo
AIM: Impernouncable

-Ed
30-03-2005, 03:28
If anyone needs a healthy dose of Grammar Nazism my addy is legal___eagle@hotmail.com.

plasmadaemon
30-03-2005, 09:12
Everyone move to B&C when portent goes down and keep the same usernames so we can invade B&C. *evil laugh*

Bloodthirster90
10-04-2005, 11:20
See you all sometime soon. maybe chat 2 me on msn
dbrendish@hotmail.com

*sniff* good bye my love.....

Prince_Tyrion
10-04-2005, 11:37
'This is the end, beautiful friend...'

Not of the community but I think my involvement in it. P had gone from my main place to visit to more of a stop-off point when I'm bored of my other forums. So I think I won't be joining any new communities that spring up after P dies.

And my MSN contact list is full, quite a few of you are already on it, so I guess all that's left is to say is so long and thanks for all the fish.

wazzdakka
10-04-2005, 14:06
Most of you with even the least desire to talk to me already have my address, but it's sailor_bub@hotmail.com.

*WHACK*

:D

Scope17
10-04-2005, 14:33
well alais all good things must come to an end........

Adios ppl.....

any one who wants to keep in touch with Madness my MSN is:
jyick16@msn.com

Yorkiebar
10-04-2005, 14:47
Meh. At least I got to post the yellow ping pong ball joke before it went.

GO PORTENT! I'd donate to get it back up, and I probably will in future, but for now my money consists of 57p, 12p of which is in my phone credit. Need to get my saturday job pay forms filled in...

Lord Lucifer
10-04-2005, 15:36
Bahhh, ye pessimistic heathens!
Get back here and fight like men, I dares ya

My MSN address is easy to find... a lot of people have found it, joined my contact list, and confused me because I no longer recognise half of the online list
You do it to spite me, don't you?

But all that aside, avast ye scurvy swine! Bailing out whilst the mast's above water, I'd make ye walk the plank were it not sinkin' six feet under, yarrr
I'll be goin' down with this ship, and no sharks nor curs'll drag me clear, no' e'en from Davey Jones' locker!
Yarrr

notdakuningist
10-04-2005, 16:41
Thanks and bye.
Mwah!

Hercco
10-04-2005, 17:07
Bye Portent. And thanks for everything.

My MSN is herxterization@hotmail.com for other IMs check my profile. It'd be nice to stay in touch with you guys after this forum goes down.

:0)
10-04-2005, 19:15
nosesmiley2:rolleyes:hotmail.com

Gaebriel
10-04-2005, 23:13
You say goodbye, I say hello.

Kargos Bloodspit
10-04-2005, 23:55
kill_maim_burn(at)hotmail.com for msn.
kill.maim.burn(at)gmail.com for emails (prefer the bigger account)

hofflenosh related: hofflenosh(at)gmail.com

VanHel
11-04-2005, 03:16
abeswingle@hotmail.com If any of you want to keep in contact with me.

PKAGustov
11-04-2005, 07:06
Rejoice my friends! For these were some of the best times of our lives. We were like green giants, walking the earth with guns. I could not have asked to spent my time with better men (and women) than these. Thanks, and good bye all.

Spence
Commissar@gbronline.com
PKAGustov on TMP, Dakka Dakka, and The Palladiun pages
(850) 292-9876 for my cell

Crazy Harborc
12-04-2005, 00:38
Perhaps this will be goodbye. Life goes on. Disappointments occur, life goes on. That includes the net. Paths may cross again, or not. Here's hoping that Portent has a rebirth and another decade or more of threads and postings.

Eldacar
12-04-2005, 05:46
Ah, well. All good things must come to an end. If anybody needs to find me:

Brennanz0r@gmail.com
For both MSN and emails.

And on Asur.org (where I spend a lot of my internet time), I use the same name as here. Eldacar.

Ethereal Alpaca
12-04-2005, 06:39
I suppose it had to go sometime, but I still have some hope...

Anyway, if it does go down, my msn is ethereal_alpaca@hotmail.co.uk

Riddy
12-04-2005, 07:17
So this time we get to say goodbye before the server is gone rather than after, i have most of the people i will need to talk to already on MSN, although if you ever get a certain "Xavier306" looking for me or ever need to contact me i can be found at Riddy_UKathotmail.com, Riddy1atGmail.com or at www.lonaf.com any time of the day.

samael
12-04-2005, 07:25
I still have hope but just in case, it was a blast!

If anyone wants to contact me, you can mail me here
Ron1967@planet.nl

salty
12-04-2005, 19:03
NOT PORTENT:

Go here, this is a tribute to Portent, and its pretty good as a back up plan:

http://portent.proboards31.com/index.cgi

Alternatively, you can use the message boards on my site at: http://salty180.tripod.com, or at Miniature Warfare: http://s8.invisionfree.com/MINIATURE_WARFARE/index.php?act=idx

Until next time people!

Salty :)

Mc Haggis
12-04-2005, 19:57
If you hear i've died, the government killed me.

Rez
13-04-2005, 17:06
Sigh. It's been great fun over the last 4 years, and so I'd like to wish all of Portent a hearty farewell. Special thanks to Pete and Nick for keeping it going as long as they did.

Laters everyone.

anarchistica
13-04-2005, 18:31
Everyone move to B&C when portent goes down and keep the same usernames so we can invade B&C. *evil laugh*
I thought it'd be cool to /. other forums, like a bunch of starved locusts. :evilgrin:

Marsekay
13-04-2005, 18:47
Wheres the main place everyones gonna head to if/when portent sinks?

Sylass
13-04-2005, 19:26
I don't know what you are doing, but I'll be found here (http://www.portent.net/forums/index.php?).

Kargos Bloodspit
13-04-2005, 19:29
read the top guys, as soon as we get 300, WE STAY ALIVE!!!

w00 GO portent Go portent :)

this has to be the best news i've seen (not read... nick should update his post) all week.

nick
13-04-2005, 19:29
Also, if your interested in donating i just added a button at the top of the page.

If we hit the target the new server will be ordered, otherwise i'll refund everyone.

Nick

Kargos Bloodspit
13-04-2005, 19:30
Also, if your interested in donating i just added a button at the top of the page.

If we hit the target the new server will be ordered, otherwise i'll refund everyone.

Nick

what kind of time frame do we have until you decide to refund?

Marsekay
13-04-2005, 19:32
what kind of time frame do we have until you decide to refund?

Yeah i just started my new job today, so give it a couple of weeks and i can throw some in.

We talking days? weeks? or months on this?

TheSonOfAbbadon
13-04-2005, 19:34
Methinks you should add a running total, so we peeps who can't contribute know how near to the total we are.

nick
13-04-2005, 19:36
If it fails then i'll refund in a months time.

As for running totals... 15.54 GBP so far. (that's less fees)

Nick

Marsekay
13-04-2005, 19:40
So we have a month? or refunds will go out in a month?

nick
13-04-2005, 19:43
If we are no where near the target in 1 month I'll refund everyone and give up.

Edit: Pete asked me to remove the button for a while as he needs to sort some things out first.

Nick

anarchistica
13-04-2005, 23:34
I bet GW started bitching like they did with GT. Or Pete prevented it.

Crazy Harborc
14-04-2005, 00:11
I say trust Pete and Nick as well as the guys working to save Portent.

It's got to be a couple of weeks until I can kick in. This week is pay the yearly income taxes week. Same for the state of Missouri. Even retirees must pay income taxes.

Rabid Bunny 666
14-04-2005, 11:19
well, good times must end

jackdavenportis@hotmail.com

cya somewhere

Crazy Harborc
15-04-2005, 00:11
The good times can go on and on. That's IF you think the times are good times. I want/need my daily Portent(new name not known yet) fix.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
15-04-2005, 00:42
If all this is true, then i better say my goodbyes to be late. Thanks to all the people who helped me here and on the old portent (i was >XTC<) and i want to give props to all the vets up in here who helped guide people like me and helped me further my gaming potentials.

Heres lookin' at you, kid

Beefstick
15-04-2005, 16:37
Like you all, I still hold out hope for the continuation of Portent. However, I also see the reality of the tenuous situation here, as well as the shutdown at night for nick to sleep. I have been all over the net following portent refugees looking for a temporary/new home. Several places have appeared to be promising. I don't really feel right posting them all here, in the spirit of continued hope, but if anybody is interested, send me a PM and I'll give you the top 5 sites or something. I don't know about the rest of you, but it's been pretty wierd seeing refugees all over the place. I get the impression that nobody knows where to go and want some advice.

Inquisitor Engel
15-04-2005, 17:11
Clearly none of you have noticed the new announcement at the top. ;)

"This is the new Portent forum. You will need to register to return to the community. We are asking users who are able to, to donate to fund the new server we are moving to. The target is only 300 which we hope to reach soon."

DONATE! DONATE NOW!

Beefstick
15-04-2005, 17:35
please tell me where to donate and i shall. Perhaps I am just dumb, but I can't find anyplace to put my donation. I've seen the thingy at the top of the page saying that 300 pounds is what is needed, but no paypal thing or whatever.

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 17:58
i can't donate as i am still at school and my parents wouldn't appreciate some missing money ;)

well, i saved all the e-mails here just in case portent does die

Inquisitor Engel
15-04-2005, 18:25
Edit: Pete asked me to remove the button for a while as he needs to sort some things out first.
That's where the button went. :p

So we have a month from when the button goes up?

And can you make this a MASSIVE announcement this time? :p

Sgt John Keel
15-04-2005, 18:36
Clearly none of you have noticed the new announcement at the top. ;)

"This is the new Portent forum. You will need to register to return to the community. We are asking users who are able to, to donate to fund the new server we are moving to. The target is only 300 which we hope to reach soon."

DONATE! DONATE NOW!

One's gone for ten days and people actually do stuff. Where's the world going... :rolleyes:

Seriously, the message on the top is like one of those you read once and never think they will change. At least I did. Proper announcements on the other hand...

/Adrian

Crazy Harborc
16-04-2005, 00:20
The FULL meaning didn't sink in. Since I am logged in as normal, I am guessing that I don't need to re-register.

Sadly, I still must wait to start donating again. It's just as well the donate button is taking some time off.

samael
16-04-2005, 08:49
Looking at the text at the top of the page, makes me wonder about a couple of things.

First

DONATE! DONATE NOW!

WHERE, WHEN, HOW ! ;)

And

Can I Take this message as a sign That Portent is "saved" for the moment?

If so, thank god for that, I was in great danger to do some actual work, at work. :)

And finally, I can't stay logged in at home, I didn't want to bother anyone with it while there where bigger things going on but now that we're saved, does anyone have an idea how to fix this.

daemonhuntermoe
17-04-2005, 02:30
WHAT!?! OH GOD NO!! I DON'T WANT TO REVERT TO EO! NOOOOOOOOOOO. You guys are the best! There is no equal to Portent! This is really depressing. I'll miss you guys if this site goes and dies.

If you want to contact me, do so at obliteratorzx@yahoo.com

NOOOOOO!!!!! NOT PORTENT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
:( *weeps tears of blood for days on end*

Crazy Harborc
19-04-2005, 00:13
I do "NEED" Portent to be here. Around this area, the only people home during the day are retired and OLD farts. My wife and I are retired.....BUT, we aren't OLD farts. We are just old farts. Hehehehehehe

The pestilent 1
19-04-2005, 00:29
with luck Portent may yet survive, the future is looking good.
i only wish i wasnt a complete waste to the world, and that i had a job.
anywhere where im not the weirdest guy around has got to be cool.

however, if it does go down, and somone wants to contact me for whatever reason (i have my uses, not sure what to be honest)
my email is:
black_guard2020@yahoo.com
Portent. the one place where i feel safe to put my email publicly. :)