PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearers - 1 character or 3 for purposes of Sword of Anti-Heroes?

Heirube
07-11-2014, 12:08
Title says it all. I don't own the Dwarf book so not sure but I believe the Shieldbearers have their own statline which makes me think they are characters (ie individual models in the unit that are neither rank and file nor command.) Thoughts?

Trying to find a counter to the Thanepedo T7 W6 1+armor 4+ ward build.

Montegue
07-11-2014, 12:22
Title says it all. I don't own the Dwarf book so not sure but I believe the Shieldbearers have their own statline which makes me think they are characters (ie individual models in the unit that are neither rank and file nor command.) Thoughts?

I believe it says he counts as one model. :) in either case, shield bearers are not characters.

MasterSplinter
07-11-2014, 12:25
Yep, i donīt have the book in front of me but i remember them being just a normal upgrade which boost the stats.

In no circumstance they do count as characters.

Ramius4
07-11-2014, 12:52

It's just a mount. They have their own statline in the same way that a Warhorse has it's own statline.

theunwantedbeing
07-11-2014, 13:30
Hahahaha.....no.

Take a Lord with the Crown of Command and the Dawnstone.
Give the guy a mount and a sheild and maybe the dragonhelm, or swap the sheild for an enchanted one.

Now just run him into the dwarf lords unit and challenge away.
With any luck the dwarf player will be foolish enough to accept with his lord, at which point neither side will be able to harm they other.
You'll lose combat every round so keep the BsB nearby so you get to re-roll that leadership 9 or 10 break test you'll be taking.

You won't kill him, but he'll be stuck fighting you for the rest of the game and you'll cost significantly less than he does.

Ramius4
07-11-2014, 13:31
Hahahaha.....no.

Take a Lord with the Crown of Command and the Dawnstone.
Give the guy a mount and a sheild and maybe the dragonhelm, or swap the sheild for an enchanted one.

Now just run him into the dwarf lords unit and challenge away.
With any luck the dwarf player will be foolish enough to accept with his lord, at which point neither side will be able to harm they other.
You'll lose combat every round so keep the BsB nearby so you get to re-roll that leadership 9 or 10 break test you'll be taking.

You won't kill him, but he'll be stuck fighting you for the rest of the game and you'll cost significantly less than he does.

Or an easier solution. Don't play against someone who uses such lame tactics.

wyvirn
07-11-2014, 13:46
In no circumstance they do count as characters.

O rly?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/07/16d41ae0a92ba2a474d75a40eb7d17b8.jpg

Ramius4
07-11-2014, 14:09
O rly?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/07/16d41ae0a92ba2a474d75a40eb7d17b8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JqeAyUV.gif

You get a hipster clap for that one.

Heirube
07-11-2014, 14:11
Fair enough :) Was worth trying.

N1AK
07-11-2014, 14:51
but I believe the Shieldbearers have their own statline which makes me think they are characters.

They're as much characters as a warhorse is: not.

Trying to find a counter to the Thanepedo T7 W6 1+armor 4+ ward build. Lordpedo surely (if you must use a lame name like that for something for a 3" move)? Kill his unit and run him down with CR. If they've spent all the points on defence then his offence is pretty crummy.

Snake1311
07-11-2014, 16:28

Bit of shooting, then two chariots in the front when theres 4-5 infantry models remaining, watch him break.

bobhope99
08-11-2014, 04:59
The easiest way to beat this is bring your own hero kitted for defense in a full unit with standard. Challenge with your hero, if he accepts you win on combat res, if he refuses you send him to the back and munch his unit. The unit doesn't need to be a very good one, just a walking static 4 CR.

Blkc57
08-11-2014, 05:01

I think i fought that guy once! Killed him with an Empire Grand Master wielding a Runefang and the Other Trickster's Shard.

Micalovits
08-11-2014, 08:44
Also, killingblow is godlike against dwarves