PDA

View Full Version : Oldest figure in your collection?

IJW
25-06-2006, 19:11
Following on from the 'Oldest unmolested figure' (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38387) thread, I thought it might be interesting to see what the oldest figure(s) in your collection is.

Mine's probably some solid-based Slann and solid-based Goblin Fanatics. Not really sure of the dates, but sometime early Eighties. Oldest slottabase figures would be a whole bunch of 1985 Skaven.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
25-06-2006, 19:33
1984 GW Solid base Sorceress model. Dunno what it's from, or even where it is right now, but I have it all the same!

Brimstone
25-06-2006, 19:45
I've got a old GW Traveller figure somewhere but the oldest one I can put my hands on is the original GW Astropath currently in use as a thrall wizard.

LeBeauMort
25-06-2006, 19:50
I've got a couple Chaos Snake Men warriors (very cool models), a few Warhammer Samarais and Ninjas. Oh yeah, I think I also have an old Slann figure but it's back from 3rd edition when they looked more like skinny frog men....and they were also fighters rather than obese mage/general heros.

RampagingRavener
25-06-2006, 20:03
A single Deathwing Terminator from Space Hulk. Oddly enough, I just found it lying in the middle of the street, pre-painted but without a base...

Venkh
25-06-2006, 20:13
Slotta based Dark elf warrior with flail. It all thats left from my original collection. A really ugly piece of work, i drag him out whanever i think standards are slipping.

IJW
25-06-2006, 20:15
@ Brimstone - the one with the slightly tilted back head and a cane held out to the side?

Forgotmytea
25-06-2006, 20:24
Probably my beloved Tinboy collection (got all 3! :D), or my Cockatrice. Possibly my Witch-King on horse, from the original GW LOTR game (long before the movies came out! :)). I'm not sure, I'm not too good on GW dates at the moment (brain....still....recovering.....from......A2.... ..exams.......)

-Forgotmytea

IJW
25-06-2006, 20:32
Ooh, ooh, Tinboyz! Think I've got the Squat and Eldar ones somewhere, along with a Shokk Attack Gun. The Marine one was funniest, though.

Insane Psychopath
25-06-2006, 20:37
The old plastic Empier Halbiders, there standing still & have a lion on there chest armour.

Other one be a few Chaos Space Marines that where out when I was born (my friend trade me them a while back)

As for the Emperier model, I still got a few unpainted as well, so might keep them for when I do start a WFB army then.

IP

Hlokk
25-06-2006, 20:39
The old plastic Empier Halbiders, there standing still & have a lion on there chest armour.
I have 60 of those, i absolutely love them

My oldest model is (I think) Njal Stormcaller circa 1994. I also have all the original dungeon quest plastics.

Forgotmytea
25-06-2006, 20:47
Ooh, ooh, Tinboyz! Think I've got the Squat and Eldar ones somewhere, along with a Shokk Attack Gun. The Marine one was funniest, though.
Yeah, I've got a Shokk Attack Gun painted as well. Lost the ork's left arm, though, so I cannibalised a new plastic orc I had to replace it :D. Tinboys were amazing models, though. I must say I love the eldar one the most, though the marine and Squat aren't close behind....

*gets an urge to take pictures and shove on website* :p

-Forgotmytea

*EDIT* Oh yes, I also have an original chaos dwarf hero - in the days before thge big hats! :p :D

Rabid Bunny 666
25-06-2006, 20:47
The old GW Aragorn figure, dunno where it is though

and currently the RT era Metal Guardsmen

Kohhna
25-06-2006, 21:01
A few old chaos marines given to me by a guy I knew in school. These are the only lead minis I have (I started just after the great lead sale).

god octo
25-06-2006, 21:35
i dont know how old they are, but i have many of the old woodies, such as the mages, warhawks and the wardancers.

angora
25-06-2006, 22:59
I have one of the old Star Trek range from the very early '80's. I think he's one of the andorians.

Grey_Knight
26-06-2006, 00:43
Being relatively new compared to you lot, my oldest figure is the special edition Armageddon Black Templar Emperor's Champion bloke. You know the one holding the sword double handed infront of him? He still leads my Templars to this day :D

Morathi's Darkest Sin
26-06-2006, 00:53
A beaky space Marine, it somehow escaped my drop out of the hobby period and since I found it in a box I haven't had the heart to ditch him even though it's an awful figure.

Sort leaning forward holding a strange looking rifle close to his chest pointing at the ground in front of him (I Guess thats what originally passed for a bolter) with a blade on the end of the gun.

tzeentchgiant
26-06-2006, 01:23
2nd edition nid gargoyle.

Not that old, but I'm not sure of the age of this undead thing I have. Like a little death mounted on a pteradactyl (sp?)?

TG

angora
26-06-2006, 01:31
I used to have Johnny Alpha and Wulf Sternhammer from the 200AD range too but I think I inadvertantly sold them with my IG years ago. I've searched high and low for them. There's all sorts off stuff in my "old minis" box in my bungalow - I've seen a Slann there and the OLD LOTR legolas along with hundreds of Grenadier and Ral Partha models. I guess my oldest would probably be around '78(ish) when I started playing D&D.

Crazy Harborc
26-06-2006, 01:43
I've got about 10 Terminators bought 2 per blister (at $7.95 per blister):evilgrin: I've got oh, 6/7 foot fantasy human/Empire warriors made by Citadel at least 28 years ago.

Now, for real old minies, I've got some Minifigs I've had for 40 years. then there's the plastic "made for" 35mm scale war machines from Elastolin Hauser, I've had those for about 45 years.

Zzarchov
26-06-2006, 02:22
@TzeentchGiant: Thats an Old Carrion.

I got ALOT of old Marauder minis, some Metal Genestealers and hybrids (and magus), old pink and blue horrors, some more assorted fantasy and 40k old metals of units which no longer exist.

Smoking Frog
26-06-2006, 03:20
A warhammer goblin with a handgun.

Codsticker
26-06-2006, 05:34
I have some Grenadier and Ral Partha minis from about 1980. My oldest GW minis are my original Necrons though (not that old).

Ardathair
26-06-2006, 06:30
Eldar Pirates, first blister pack I bought contained one carrying a heavy weapon, a champion with powerfist and hand flamer, one carrying a plasma gun, and two with shuriken pistols and laspistols; if I remember correctly.

The heavy weapon is now a Dark Eldar warrior with darklance, plasma gunner is now a guardian witha fussion gun, the pistoliers are now storm guardians, and the champion is slated to be converted to a haemaculie. (eventually)

All were painted as pirates and have since been stripped and repainted except for the champion, now just bare metal awaiting conversion and paint.

Shadowheart
26-06-2006, 06:44
Half a dozen solid-base models. A fighter, a wizard, a thief, two Orcs (and a double) and a Lesser Night Goblin (which is so tiny it looks like it belongs in Warmaster).
Then there's at a guess seventy or so models from throughout the eighties, from a variety of ranges. And then a heap of those ever-popular Chaos models from the early nineties.

All of that stuff is second hand though, they were all produced long before I got into the hobby. In a handful of cases, maybe even before I was born. Most of the stuff came from a roleplay gamer who probably didn't know how big GW had gotten in the meantime.
The oldest models I bought in store myself were a couple of Harlequins, who must've had a holofield on their blister to go unnoticed so long. Or maybe the Heroquest minis, if that's to be counted for the purposes of this thread.

I'd love to own a set of the Eternal Champion miniatures GW did. All I've got is a Melnibonéan warrior (got him three times, though).

Forgotmytea
26-06-2006, 08:59
2nd edition nid gargoyle.

Not that old, but I'm not sure of the age of this undead thing I have. Like a little death mounted on a pteradactyl (sp?)?

TG
Original Undead Carrion. Got 2 hanging around somewhere. Excellent models :D. Probably about 7 years (I think?) - they were released for the old old Undead army book, when it was "Undead", not "Vampire Counts" or "Tomb Kings".

-Forgotmytea

*EDIt* oops, didn't see Zzarchov's post :o

*EDIT2* Link :) (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93559-02.htm) - 1994 catalogue

Raggie
26-06-2006, 09:27
Citadel Chaos Warriors from 1986. Currently awaiting painting after their (bad) original paintjobs were stripped.

IJW
26-06-2006, 09:55
Actually, the oldest i bought first-hand would be some armoured Orc spearmen (around 1987) and the RT-era 1st ed. Space Elves/Eldar. All the older stuff I've got was picked up second-hand or from old semi-abandoned racks in regular toy shops.

@ Shadowheart - Lesser Night Goblins = Snotlings, pretty much. I've got quite a few of the Eternal Champion figures in varying conditions, they were some great sculpts, especially the Pan Tang tigers. (http://www.solegends.com/citec/ecpangtangtigers.jpg)

@ Ardathair - was the heavy weapon the big shoulder-mounted one or the big rifle-type one held across the waist? Piccies (http://www.solegends.com/citrt/rt04spaceelves.htm)

Ian

Ardathair
26-06-2006, 10:08
@IJW I think the one in that blister was the one across the chest (Irbic Trueshot), but I have one of each in the same warrior squad. (OK the Missle Launcher (Belgae Strongwill) doesn't look much like a Dark Lance but have to make do.)

During second ed. I passed up a few opportunities to pick up others but passed not knowing what to do with them, like the guys trying to trade/sell them.

Thanks for the pics.

Dodgy Ed
26-06-2006, 11:11
I think my oldest figure is either the original space dwarf or the captain from the dwarf juggernaut(unfortunately I don't have the rest of it:mad: so if anyone wants to get rid of one;) ).

asmodai_dark86
26-06-2006, 12:28
My knights of chaos, knights of law and hobgoblin box sets that are sat in the next room, unpainted, because I know for a fact that if I painted them I'd feel depressed for doing a rubbish job. There still great sculpts though - there the original fantasy box sets (although I think theres a dwarf set around before them, because I have the send off voucher to get them in the 1st edition fantasy rule book). Those guys dont even have slotta bases.

I'm wondering if GW did a samurai box set though because I've aquired three or four models that fit the style of that era (and if they did and someone has it please PM me because I want it bad lol)

skavenguy13
26-06-2006, 12:29
http://www.solegends.com/citgames/hquest/index.htm

I think it was already OOP when I was born. The link doesnt tell the year though, but I'd say they must have been made during the 70's or the beginning of the 80's.

(BTW, those orcs are going to be my non-big'uns in my 'Ardboyz army... I must have like 60 of them)

If we stick to Warhammer...
http://www.solegends.com/citcat89winter/cat89wint011x-03.htm I have almost half of these,

http://www.solegends.com/citcat89winter/cat89wint012x-03.htm very few of those,

http://www.solegends.com/citcat89winter/cat89wint014x-02.htm and the packmasters, about 3 of each. Those skavens are all in the 1989 catalogue and the 4th edition book.

Jellicoe
26-06-2006, 12:33
Oldest minatures I think

FA22 from this link http://www.solegends.com/citf/citfa/citfa82cat.htm
FTS13 from this link http://www.solegends.com/citf/citfts/citftspics.htm
All of this lot - still in box! http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/c2s4gob.htm
some of these http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/s3nightelf.htm

All from about 1982.

I have a whole boatload of regiments of renown from this era as well as orcs, goblins dark elves and dwarves. Also a whole load of Chronicle minatures including Nick Lund's lovely wolf riders

Most of my WFB armies are non slotta in origin

Oldest figs in the collection - A box of grenadier swamp creatures - of a similar early 80's vintage I think

IJW
26-06-2006, 13:25
@ Skavenguy13 - Heroquest came out in 1989 or 1990. Those Skaven mostly came out in 1985 or 1987, so are quite a bit older.

Sleazy
26-06-2006, 13:35
hmmm I've got a really old Gandalf and Strider.

a few titan pilots (wtf?)

The old Patriach on throne (and magus and other hybrids)

oh and a gw Rogue Trooper!

Griefbringer
26-06-2006, 15:25
I have got the classic Citadel bear model, dating back to 1984 I think.

Captain Brown
26-06-2006, 15:34
A large number of the halberdiers from this page (http://www.solegends.com/citfight/citf2Fighters87.htm). I have a pair of each of the Enrichos, Gastons, Maximillians, Ernsts and Georgs. I must have picked up a couple of five figure blisters way back.

CB

Warden
26-06-2006, 16:39
A beaky space Marine, it somehow escaped my drop out of the hobby period and since I found it in a box I haven't had the heart to ditch him even though it's an awful figure.

Sort leaning forward holding a strange looking rifle close to his chest pointing at the ground in front of him (I Guess thats what originally passed for a bolter) with a blade on the end of the gun.

Would that be the very first Space marine figure released would it?

Forgotmytea
26-06-2006, 19:09
Gah! Just looking through Solegends trying to find when the Tinboys were made, and I realised one of my Ork Meks (top right here (http://www.solegends.com/citcat89autumn/c89aut-070546-1-01.htm)) is nearly as old as me! :eek: Only 1 year's difference! Well, possibly barring the Witch-King, that makes him my oldest model :)

Anyway, curiostiy satisfied: Tinboys (http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2067orkinventshunz-h.htm) were made in 1991, as was my Shokk attack gun (only 3 years younger than me, then!). Does anyone know when the original Lord of the Rings models were released?

*goes back to scouring Solegends* :D

-Forgotmytea

Brandir
26-06-2006, 19:36
My oldest GW mini is a Nazgûl type wraith wielding a scimitar type weapon.

Bought in 1980. Price Code B. In those days that was 22p.

Oldest WH40K mini - Imperial Guard. Those original multi-part plastic minis that are still the core of my army. Bought in the mid 80's.

Oldest LOTR mini - I have a few of the original GW/Citadel LOTR licence minis.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
26-06-2006, 19:48
Mid 80s for the Guard? You sure it wasn't late 80s/early 90s?

Didn't think they were out until at least 89.

Sanjuro
26-06-2006, 19:55
I've got a knighty-looking type of a footsoldier from 1982, he hasn't got a slottabase either. It's one of those RPG models they made back then. I think I'll use him in my upcoming AD&D2 game I've got planned for this fall - it's gonna be classic dungeon bashing (going to run T1 and T2. Yes, that's Village of Hommlet and Temple of Elemental Evil) and that calls for classic models as well.

I bet I could find him somewhere on Stuff of Legends, I'll have to check that later. The fig is older than me, beating me by 2 years.

The oldest figure that's actually in use is an old undead chaos champion in bone armour, I think he's from 86. It's the guy with very thin legs, and he is stretching his arm out. I use him as a Tzeentch champion, I think he looks the part. That's not terribly impressive though, since I believe he is still available from mail order.

In 40k, it's a plastic beaky RTB01 (that's what you call them, right?) Space Marine with a needle pistol. He is a veteran sergeant, teaching them other young 'uns how nasty tyranids were way back when, and how orks of today just seem to get smaller and smaller...

kermit
26-06-2006, 20:02
I have an old space marine that has some sort of gun held on his shoulder with lots of wires running everywhere. I have not been able to find a picture of him... but he is quite old.

I also have an orginal Frodo with the ring... from the original LOTR line that GW did.

Brandir
26-06-2006, 20:22
Mid 80s for the Guard? You sure it wasn't late 80s/early 90s?

Didn't think they were out until at least 89.

Some of my metal ones in my IG army are in the 1988 catalogue. Pictures of the plastic sprues are in my 86-91 catalogue.

So yes, late 80's is more accurate for my WH40K minis.

I also possess a few beaky SMs and the odd Sci Fi adventurer that were, I think, released in 87 when the first ed of 40K was published.

grg3d
26-06-2006, 23:36
Well after getting rid of stuff that I will never get to paint in this lifetime I still have a nippon rocket launcher and crew,from Nightmares the medusa witch,and cocktrice,an old hydra that I mounted an orc warboss/lord on, goblin lead beltcher & crew

Jellicoe
27-06-2006, 09:19
Does anyone know when the original Lord of the Rings models were released?

I believe they were from the mid 80's. They were sold in blisters containing a mounted and foot version. I think I have a warrior of Minas Tirith, Eaterling and Witch king and possibly a Nazgul. In the 2nd citadel journal

snurl
27-06-2006, 12:39
my oldest Citadel miniature is a sarcoughagus with a lid with a skeleton inside, from about '82 or '83

Oldest other miniature is an old Heritage (Minifigs) Lord of the Rings set, from just after the Bashki movie was released, about 1978.

Oldest non-lead miniature a marx Viking from around 1969. I used to use him as a giant for D&D.

hiram
27-06-2006, 15:24
One of the old eldar rangers from 1992

kermit
27-06-2006, 15:53
I believe they were from the mid 80's. They were sold in blisters containing a mounted and foot version. I think I have a warrior of Minas Tirith, Eaterling and Witch king and possibly a Nazgul. In the 2nd citadel journal

I had one of the Nazgul you talk of. It was a robed rider on what looked like a very large taradactyl. It was quite neat... but then I sold it... silly me...

IJW
27-06-2006, 17:33
I've got the head of the Nazgul's riding pterodactyl in a bits box somewhere. The entire model must be worth rather a lot by now... Another LoTR oddity I have is a slightly mashed Sauron's Throne, all wiggly tentacles and an eye in the top of the back.

Sniper Kelly
27-06-2006, 22:33
The first 25/28mm figures I bought (and still have) were the Drastik Plastic orcs and the Psychostyrene dwarfs back in the 80s. They look terrible now, but were quite revolutionary at the time!

The oldest figures I still use are the old citadel barbarians and 80s wood-elves which still look great today. I also still use original issue Imperial Guard occasionally.

Brandir
27-06-2006, 22:47
The first 25/28mm figures I bought (and still have) were the Drastik Plastic orcs and the Psychostyrene dwarfs back in the 80s. ....

Ahhh, I remember those buggers. Bought some at a Games Day held in the Corn Exchange in Manchester. Must have been 1986 or 1987???

Sir_Turalyon
27-06-2006, 23:11
My oldest GW models are five knights. They are small by today's standards (their horses espetially), but they use slottabase already. I can't find them in 1986-1991 catalogue, so they must be older then 1986.

I have a solid abse dwarf that I think I saw on solegends, but I'm not sure if it's not some newer model from other company.

My oldest 40 models are Thrugg's orks - as old as 40k.

slaaneshes_own
27-06-2006, 23:24
Old-shape plastic Rhino. Bought a load of BT boxsets a couple of months after Armageddon.

First tank I bought. Now in pieces -I erm... took to it with a lump-hammer because I was narked with something.... oops

Joe

Cpt. Drill
27-06-2006, 23:29
I had the original hobbits knocking around complete with bill the pony!

I also have a single exo armour chaos squat and a few first ed plastic marines!

The boyz
27-06-2006, 23:36
I chucked alot of my older models and stuff out a thew years ago, so I lost most of my oldest miniatures. But I do have some old Plastic chaos Beastmen some where in my house. I think I bought them back in 95 or 96 I cant quite remember now. I also have alot of my Blood Angels still from that era as well. They came from the W40k boxed set at the time, which contained countless number of Gretchin and cardboard counters.

RevEv
30-06-2006, 09:44
Somewhere I have an early '80's solid based gnome, some empire yeoman, and some Lord of the Rings Orcs.

the Gnome is by far one of the coolest models I have.

Malefactor
30-06-2006, 10:26
Somewhere i have an imperator titan which is plastic but still pretty old.

Metal wise i have the old knights baron from Epic. Does anyone hear even remember them?

Damien 1427
30-06-2006, 10:53
I'm guessing the oldest one I have is the female Commissar. I probably have older, but she feels like the oldest one. Just something about the pose, and her size, just feels like something from the ****-end of Rogue Trader or the birth of second edition.

Alex Under
30-06-2006, 11:05
I started about 12 years ago, so I don't have really ancient stuff. The oldest must be the Chaos Champion with a fly head, I use it as a Nurgle Sorceror for my Chaos Army. I also have some Chaos Familiars, original Necromunda stuff and the old plastic Space Orks, but I think the oldest of them all is the Fly-Headed Champ.

skavenguy13
30-06-2006, 13:00
I checked and under my plague monk's feet was "GW 1985" and "RATMEN"

Deja Dude
30-06-2006, 14:35
I've got an old box from warhammer roleplay called "Dwarf Lords of Legend". It's a collection of about 6 or 8 dwarven characters, including some kind of slayer, a Scottish themed hero and a king with his foot on an orcs head. I believe the set was released as part of the Skullz promotion in later years.

purplehoob
30-06-2006, 15:16
I have a plastic citadel giant from round about 1978. I think this is the oldest but I do have a coulple of dwarfs which I cannot date.

Jellicoe
30-06-2006, 17:05
If it is plastic it is unlikely to date any earlier than the late 80's. The earlier ones were solid metal and weighed a ton

like these ones

http://www.solegends.com/citc/c28giants.htm

The multiple heads were great - I had a cyclops one and dare i say it not flogged as hard as the latest teh uber roxxor giant:D ;)

Ursca
30-06-2006, 17:59
My oldest is a black orc model. He's on a slotta base and carries a halberd.

His tab doesn't have a date (it just says 'black orc') but his base has 1984 on the underside.

I also have the starter leaflet from 3rd edition Warhammer that got me into the game. :D

Crazy Harborc
30-06-2006, 21:38
I found the box my Set #1, Chaos Warriors minies came in. I did not see/read a date on the label on the bottom of the box.(It had gotten wet whenever and the print was faded/worn off). I'm guessing early 80s, since the minies do not have plastic slotta bases. They came/have flat bottom lumps of lead under their feet (for gluing onto some sort of bases).

BlazeXI
30-06-2006, 23:41
I have no preslottas, so my minis are quite young...
1st White Dwarf, some metal 80's chaos warriors/champions, dwarf warriors, metal skeletons, snoltings seem to be a bit younger.

sparks
02-07-2006, 01:19
this is a cool thread, if only when it makes you realise the mad stuff you have stashed away! i have these guys:

http://www.solegends.com/citlotr/me82thehobbit.jpg

http://www.solegends.com/citlotr/me55mouth.jpg

that mouth of sauron model is well cool btw!

http://www.solegends.com/citf/citfts/citftspics.htm

i know this link has been posted already, but i think i have the guy in the top right! I also have a few other random samurai figs, and around 4 of the old regiments of renown boxes lying around. sadly i got them all second hand, so are not perfect, but still cool. I also have the odd troglodyte, and thanks for the goblin raiding party link- i have had that captain model for around 6 years and had no clue what it was supposed to be!

jazzdude78
03-07-2006, 07:28
http://www.solegends.com/cittal/cittalrogamaznecro.htm
most likely the necro there

IJW
03-07-2006, 10:48
http://www.solegends.com/citlotr/me55mouth.jpg

that mouth of sauron model is well cool btw!
Ooh, just realised - I've got Kaleb Daark foot & mounted stuffed away in a bits box somewhere...

Cacodemon
03-07-2006, 17:38
Sadly the rest of the kit has gone missing, but I think that the Evil Dark Elf Captain and the Warrior of Chaos (http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc2monsters.htm) are the oldest in my collection. And I love 'em to bits (well, not literally, they're still intact).

Thinking about it, the very small Ogre Champion might be also lying around somewhere :)

Forgotmytea
03-07-2006, 19:58
Just realised:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0309dwfboxes.jpg

01, the one with the sword. Same age as me! :eek:

He's currently the general in my Chaos Dwarf army :D :p

-Forgotmytea

Morph
06-07-2006, 14:04
I think this is my oldest mini....

http://http://www.solegends.com/citc/c11halflings.htm (http://www.solegends.com/citc/c11halflings.htm)

Bottom image, second row down, second halfling along.

I kept meaning to convert him into my WFRP character but never got round to it.

Sai-Lauren
06-07-2006, 14:37
Oldest I actually use in any armies is probably a tie between the Chaos Dwarf Forgotmytea mentioned (although he's the general of my Dwarf army - and has been since 3rd edition, so who cares that he's got a sword rather than an axe and big spikes on his helmet :p), and a sorceress figure that was part of the Blue Dragon box set (image here - top left (http://www.solegends.com/citdragon/drag234dragons.htm)), that's the mage in my empire army (and also dates back to 3rd edition - her most memorable event ever was hitting a column of goblin wolf riders with a Vortex of Chaos in a mega-battle, wiping out all but two of them with a distance roll of 12 inches, then standing around watching it as it came back 10 inches towards her and my general :eek: - I asked if I could voluntarily rout ;) ).

Although I think the very first model I ever got was this one (http://www.solegends.com/citc/c11golddragon.htm).

smokingmonkee
06-07-2006, 17:08
I have about 60 of the old green plastic space gobbos.

Inquisitor Samos
06-07-2006, 18:53
The oldest Citadel / Games Workshop figure that I own, and that I'm sure is a Citadel fig, is my old 'The Dwarf with No Name.' (http://www.solegends.com/citwf/citwf11dwarf.htm)

IJW
06-07-2006, 20:22
and a sorceress figure that was part of the Blue Dragon box set (image here - top left (http://www.solegends.com/citdragon/drag234dragons.htm))
So that's where that figure comes from! I picked one up in a box of assorted bits from someone a few years ago and quite liked the model.

IJW
06-07-2006, 20:25
I think this is my oldest mini....

http://http://www.solegends.com/citc/c11halflings.htm (http://www.solegends.com/citc/c11halflings.htm)

Bottom image, second row down, second halfling along.
A surprisingly dynamic pose for a halfling figure... anyway, top picture, top row, middle image - holding a hammer over one shoulder, in my case caked in about half an inch of acrylic 'painted' on it by a previous owner (or two).

Sai-Lauren
07-07-2006, 16:27
So that's where that figure comes from! I picked one up in a box of assorted bits from someone a few years ago and quite liked the model.
Very nice isn't it. A very elegant simplicity to her.

Of course, if it were done today, the staff would be twice as big, the dragon on it three times as big, she'd be covered in jewellery, have, erm, more surgical upper body work done than Jordan has had ;) , and the dress would be made from a lot less material, and what there was of it would likely be covered in runes. :rolleyes:

Warboss Grimmtoof
07-07-2006, 18:55
1st edition bullneck (the first ork warboss)

librerian_samae
07-07-2006, 19:09
rouge trader period eldar with bare head, gas mask, mowhak, carrying power sord and power fist.
I love it even though theres now no way to use it in game anymore

dean
11-07-2006, 21:45
SM Librarian with 2 handed force sword. It's in the 88 cataloge but I got it in 93. It happily has more kills than my DA captain that I bought at the same time.

Edit: Whoops! I meant the 89 catalog

kortholaxthedamned
14-07-2006, 17:12
an origional Thousand Son Marine.

KaisO
14-07-2006, 23:47
Not exactly mine or any form of warhammer but they're origional D&D models made by gamesworkshop and they're my dad's. they're tiny and stink of lead

Crazy Harborc
15-07-2006, 03:29
Second try first one went into limboland.:wtf:

Deep in "my" part of the basement, there is a old large wooden chest. Paint old and faded, grey in colour. All kinds of different "junk" inside. I still have some 54mm Britains Limited foot and mounted knights. My dad gave them to me.

Akronas
15-07-2006, 06:33
Hey...

I've got a bunch of "pre-slotta" miniatures casteds in Canada by RAFM. "Fantasy tribes fighters" & "Fantasy adventurers". Loved those...

A great introduction to the whole hobby right before the start of the "golden age".

Akronas

Crazy Harborc
15-07-2006, 20:41
This morning, I dusted off some war machines.....a trebuchet, two catapults, a siege tower and a mortar. They were made for 35mm scale by Elastolin Hauser, I've had them for over 40 years. They are plastic and the original paint is still holding up. I still have one of their injection molded keeps/towers. They fit right in with 25/28mm minies.

Jellicoe
16-07-2006, 11:17
They sound great CH. Any chance of some piccies?

Marsupilami
16-07-2006, 20:27
I think my oldest GW-figs must be the old Lord Of The Ring Range. I have most of them, including Gollum, Gandalfs, Sauromans, all the Hobbits, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolases, Gimlis, a bunch of Rohirim, Nazguls and Goblins.
Not sure when I bought them, but I painted them around 88-89.
I put the year I finished the painting on all my bases back then, quite fun to have today.
I also have a few of the Eternal Champion series. Two versions of Elric, a Moonglum and one or two figs more.
Also have a "Elf" from that era.

marv335
17-07-2006, 01:08
i've got the original techmarines somewhere.

Crazy Harborc
17-07-2006, 04:37
They sound great CH. Any chance of some piccies?

I'm all thumps with cameras. My wife has a digital camera and is getting real good at zooming in. I mentioned photos a couple of months ago. I've been good lately too.:angel:

sigur
17-07-2006, 12:21
@marv335: "Original" means what...?

tzeentchgiant
17-07-2006, 13:28
First edition of the model.

I don't see what else it could mean???

TG

Senbei
15-08-2006, 16:31
Sorry about the thread necromancy..... Award for oldest mini and also oldest mini avaliable goes to....

http://www.solegends.com/citfly/citfly82/82flyeraall-01.htm

1982 and can still be bought from mail order, yes, it's that door with the skull above it ! ! ! :D

Dwarf Supreme
15-08-2006, 17:30
For me it's the six Warlords I got with Adeptus Titanicus.

Lostanddamned
15-08-2006, 18:01
That would be a Imperial Guard Beastman. Who now leads a squad of them in my current army - despite being painted in Necromunda regiment colours. I think its almost as old as me...

Minister
15-08-2006, 19:05
The oldest moulds would be the Mk1 Rhino and a Space Marine Lieutenant. The oldest model would be the Amber Wizard on the front of WD 18something, followed by the contents of a 2nd edition 40K box.

Senbei
16-08-2006, 14:46
Jus picked up a plague-cart off E-Bay.... Been wanting one for ages... and all for the price of a GW Blister, lol... :)