PDA

View Full Version : nurgle army list 1000 points

Mitch676
11-11-2014, 08:36
Hi

Just opinions - no beastmen or daemons cz - cba.

Hero

Festus - 190 (joins marauder unit)

Core

40 marauders, horde, MoN, FC (35) - 350

10 marauder horsemen - 190

7 warhounds - 56

Rare

Hellcannon - 210

Total 996

Yes i will get beat everytime lol - your thoughts though?

theJ
11-11-2014, 09:25
hm... good star(for this point level), hounds for redirect, hellcannon to blast opposing hordes, and horses to hunt warmachines and/or flank?
Lookin' good.
I'd personally try to fit a mark of Nurgle onto the horses as well - for fluff reasons. If you dropped the doggies down to 5(they're not really there to kick ass, anyway), and maybe drop a single marauder to make it an even 40 with Festus(yes, I am a sucker for even blocks), would that be enough to nurglify the horses?

Also, question; Festus counts as a wizard, yes? What's his level? ...or rather, how many spells does he get? One of the most common mistakes in small armies is taking just 1-2 spells, and then end up forced to 6-dice a lot, and concequently dealing more damage to your own forces than those of you opponent.
Shouldn't be a big issue for you; Festus is there for the unit buff, after all, not for casting, yes?
Still something to keep in mind; if you can somehow fit it in, getting your spellcount to at least 3 would not be a bad move.

Mitch676
11-11-2014, 12:49
Hi

Sorry, the horsemen have MoN to make them 16 points each x 10 plus FC = 190.

Festus is level 2, gives the unit poisoned attacks in the horde and regen on +5. Depending on what spells i'd get he'd be a buffer/debuff.

The fast cav would be tieing up shooty things whilst the horde moves forward. Doggies with vanugard to eat arrows/cannonballs.

P.s why do the marauder models suck?

theJ
11-11-2014, 13:16
Well, that all sounds good then... my only worry remains your 2-spell limit. If you could cram a "spare" lvl1 in there, that'd be great. Not really necessary, mind you, it'd just help you out a lot in the magic phase.

P.s why do the marauder models suck?

"Suck"?
Sort of...
They were made in an era where models were designed to be "comical" rather than the later more "serious" approach. Compare them to older kits, such as the VC zombies, and you'll find a lot of similarities.
'Tis the main reasons so many of us want the older plastics replaced - even ignoring the lower-quality sculpting, they still look like they were made for a completely different game... Had this been that game, we'd likely be fine with them, but as it stands, they stand out - in the wrong way.

kikibobo
11-11-2014, 13:47
hm... good star(for this point level), hounds for redirect, hellcannon to blast opposing hordes, and horses to hunt warmachines and/or flank?
Lookin' good.
I'd personally try to fit a mark of Nurgle onto the horses as well - for fluff reasons. If you dropped the doggies down to 5(they're not really there to kick ass, anyway), and maybe drop a single marauder to make it an even 40 with Festus(yes, I am a sucker for even blocks), would that be enough to nurglify the horses?

Also, question; Festus counts as a wizard, yes? What's his level? ...or rather, how many spells does he get? One of the most common mistakes in small armies is taking just 1-2 spells, and then end up forced to 6-dice a lot, and concequently dealing more damage to your own forces than those of you opponent.
Shouldn't be a big issue for you; Festus is there for the unit buff, after all, not for casting, yes?
Still something to keep in mind; if you can somehow fit it in, getting your spellcount to at least 3 would not be a bad move.

Festus is a level 2. That is an excellent point, so maybe you drop what theJ has said and add another lvl 1 to give you some more variety. I know a HE player who loves getting his lvl 4 lore of life wiz into 1000 point games and its a pain to deal with

Mitch676
11-11-2014, 13:57
Festus is there to buff the unit yes. Depending on the opposing army would depend on what i'd do in the magic phase.

Would you drop the Hellcannon for a gorbeast chariot and add a sorc in there?

Lorcryst
11-11-2014, 14:28
As a devotee of GrandPa Nurgle myself, I applaud your theme.

I have a few ideas to refine it tough ... like this :

Festus the Leechlord, General
Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle, level 1, nekkid

40 Chaos Marauders, Mark of Nurgle, Full Command, nekkid
5 Chaos Warhounds, Vanguard
5 Marauder Horsemen, Mark of Nurgle, Musician (for that all-important +1 Ld to the Rally test after baiting and fleeing), otherwise nekkid

Hellcannon

1000 points on the dot.

Remember that the 50% for Heroes and Lords is now officially in the 8th Ed rules (latest FAQ), so you can indeed fit both Festus and a level 1 Sorcerer in there, the Warhounds and Marauder Horsemen are still in the same role (getting in the way for the Hounds, bait and flee + harassment for the Horsemen) but a bit more fragile (don't charge head first with a 5-strong unit of Fast Cavalry) and the Hellcannon pounds the enemy from your back line.

Mitch676
11-11-2014, 14:44
Sounds good to me.

I take it you would have both Festus and the Sorc in the horde of marauders?

Would be awesome to casty fleshy abundance on that horde, regen on 4's! ShOoP De WoOp.

Lorcryst
11-11-2014, 15:24
Yup, both Heroes in the big horde of Marauders, for Nurgle-y magic goodness, the rest if annoyance for the opponent that he cannot really ignore :p