PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Begginer List Ideas

mdaro
12-11-2014, 18:14
Hello all.

I am playing my first game of Warhammer in 20 years tomorrow. I've been trying to read and come up with a solid list to begin with but my head is spinning. I thought maybe I could list what I have available to use and get some feedback on how to build a solid beginner army.

The person I am playing against is very skilled but knows I have not played in a long time. He agreed to help me out and play a few games with me to show me Warhammer. He is going to use Lizardmen. I don't know the make up of his army. He has several thousand points so i would assume he access to almost everything in the book.

I have available the following models:

3 Chaos Sorcerers
3 Chaos Lords on foot
Chaos Lord on a steed
Demon Prince
Battle Standard

10 Chaos Hounds
20 Marauders with Flails
20 Marauders with Hand Weapon and Shield
10 Marauder Horsemen with Flails
15 Chaos Warriors with two hand weapons
15 Chaos warriors with weapon and shield
10 Chaos Knights
1 Chaos Spawn
3 Chaos Trolls
6 Chaos Ogres with weapon and shield
4 Chaos Ogre with two handed weapon

Valkia
Vilitch
Wulfrik

Thank you for the help and input.

mdaro
12-11-2014, 18:48
This is what I have planned so far.

Lvl. 3 Sorcerer
Lvl. 4 Upgrade
w Mark of Nurgle

Exalted Hero
w BSB
w Banner of Rage

38 Marauders
w Light Armor
w Shields
Chieftain
Musicican
w Mark of Nurgle

15 Warriors
w Shields
Champion
Standard
Musician
w Mark of Nurgle

15 Warriors
w Ex. Hand Weapon
Champion
Standard
Musician
w Mark of Nurgle

10 Marauder Horsemen
w Light Armor
w Flails
Chieftain

4 Ogres
w Great Weapons
Champion
Standard
Musician

kikibobo
12-11-2014, 19:24
Welcome back to WHFB! I have some general feedback:

At 2k I would like to see something with a bit more teeth to it: chaos knights, skullcrushers, chimera, etc. If you are set on taking the marauders (they arent the greatest but have their place), I would highly encourage taking festus to buff them to something fairly terrifying as well as include an additional wizard to back up your sorcerer. You will probably want to switch the shield out in that case so you dont waste the double ward save. I would also drop one of the units of warriors and maybe the ogres in favor of a chimera, skullcrushers (3 works wonders), or a group of 5 chaos knights. Right now your ogres are your best hammer, and you have plenty of other hammers in the book which could do you more good. At this point level, I would also encourage bumping up warrior units to 18-20 range. If you are going for fluffy, leave off the skullcrushers and go for a chimera and maybe a unit of chaos knights or a chariot or two.

Cheers!

mdaro
12-11-2014, 20:24
Welcome back to WHFB! I have some general feedback:

At 2k I would like to see something with a bit more teeth to it: chaos knights, skullcrushers, chimera, etc. If you are set on taking the marauders (they arent the greatest but have their place), I would highly encourage taking festus to buff them to something fairly terrifying as well as include an additional wizard to back up your sorcerer. You will probably want to switch the shield out in that case so you dont waste the double ward save. I would also drop one of the units of warriors and maybe the ogres in favor of a chimera, skullcrushers (3 works wonders), or a group of 5 chaos knights. Right now your ogres are your best hammer, and you have plenty of other hammers in the book which could do you more good. At this point level, I would also encourage bumping up warrior units to 18-20 range. If you are going for fluffy, leave off the skullcrushers and go for a chimera and maybe a unit of chaos knights or a chariot or two.

Cheers!

Thank you. I do have plans and a huge wish list of things to add but for the moment I only have the units I listed to play with so I was looking for some feedback on using what I had available to learn the ropes so to speak.

Mannfred
14-11-2014, 07:16
I think for your first game back you should take a list that is more simple to use;

Therefore think more about grinding out wins and taking more defensive gear.

I would recommend something like this;

Level 4, mark of nurgle, 5+ ward, fencers blade, dragonhelm and dispell scroll
BSB, mark of nurgle, scaly skin, helm of many eyes, halberd, dawn stone

30 Marauders, MoN, Full Command, Flails
15 Warriors, ibid
15 Warriors, ibid
5 Hounds
5 Hounds
5 Chaos Knights with Magic Weapons and MoN

Something simple that u just point and kill