PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy 2k Nurgle Chaos Legion

kikibobo
13-11-2014, 01:35
I have been fiddling around with some combined lists just to see what I can come up with... I know WoC Nurgle DP is probably the more competitive choice, but I like GUO for nurgle lists as he feels more fluffy

GUO: lvl 3 and 2x lesser gifts = 495

Festus = 190

Wargore: BSB, Beast Banner, Blackened Plate, GW = 209

Gor Herd w/ MoN and AHWx35 + FC = 380

Nurgle Chariot = 125

BoNx3 = 180

BoN = 60

BoN = 60

Nurgle Chaos Knightx6 = 270

Total = 1999

Festus and Wargore obviously go in the Gor Herd to make them a pretty awesome cheap core group. I may tinker to get GUO up to lvl 4, but I dont like spending more than 500 on a single model that might die to a cannon shot turn 1. I threw in the blackened plate to counter any opponent who might bring some flaming attacks to counter the BoN and regen from festus on the Gor Herd.

Thoughts? Thanks!

N00B
13-11-2014, 21:18
Ah, if you try this, let me know how it goes. I was thinking of something pretty similar (although with unmarked gors and some other adjustments). Two wizards and no dispel scroll was my worry.

kikibobo
13-11-2014, 22:37
Ah, if you try this, let me know how it goes. I was thinking of something pretty similar (although with unmarked gors and some other adjustments). Two wizards and no dispel scroll was my worry.

Was my worry too. I am used to no dispell scroll as I played DoC, but it would be nice to find a way to fit it in with a CL army... Not sure what to drop to get another lvl 1 in the list. Might just give it a go sometime and see how it works

Void Sorcerer
14-11-2014, 04:29
I got nothing to add. Maybe drop the GUO for a Maggoth Lord? But it all depends on how much you love him. I think Festus has you covered on magic.

If you really want a scroll caddy I think you'd have the points if you drop a beast and the 6th knight. Then you could throw in a marked bray shaman with the scroll. Take the Lore of Beasts sig spell and you've just added another delightful buff to your gors.

Mannfred
14-11-2014, 07:02
Wargor can't have blackened plate and the beast banner sooo need to rethink this; i do very like the blackened plate and regen combo; pick up the 5+ scaly skin too while your at it for the bsb.

Chaos Knights seems out of place; but i guess if you want to be fluffy its fine.

Could substitute the Knights for an additional BoN, a Nurgle Chariot and the aditional wargor you want to hold the banner.

kikibobo
14-11-2014, 15:45
I got nothing to add. Maybe drop the GUO for a Maggoth Lord? But it all depends on how much you love him. I think Festus has you covered on magic.

If you really want a scroll caddy I think you'd have the points if you drop a beast and the 6th knight. Then you could throw in a marked bray shaman with the scroll. Take the Lore of Beasts sig spell and you've just added another delightful buff to your gors.

I want to try a maggoth lord out once before I give it a go. They seem interesting, but an even bigger target. I will probably just leave it as GUO

As Mannfred correctly pointed out, I need to drop the blackened plate as I have a magical banner (good catch) and I was feeling like the knights didnt quite fit either, so my new list will probably be something like this:

GUO: lvl 3 and 2x lesser gifts = 495

Festus = 190

Nurgle Wargore: BSB, Beast Banner, heavy armor, gnarled hide, GW = 218

Nurgle Bray Shaman lvl 1 w/ dispell scroll = 110 or Nurgle Wargore w/ Blackened armor and GW = 109

Gor Herd w/ MoN and AHWx35 + FC = 380

Nurgle Chariot = 125

BoNx3 = 180

BoN = 60

BoN = 60

Plague Dronex3 w/ poison = 180

Total = 1998

I screwed up a few of my point costs before but I think they are fixed now. This gives me both options to still have the wargore with blackened armor or to have teh bray shaman. Alternatively, the beast banner is not a must where I could then give the BSB the blackened armor and have points to spare for more BoN or Gor Herd

N00B
14-11-2014, 16:32
I would be tempted to save a few points by putting the razor banner in instead of the beast banner. If you are going to be getting poisoned attacks it seems like spending a lot to get +1 to wound where you will be doing a decent number of automatic wounds. Alternatively (and controversially) you could try and rely on toughness, regen, mark of Nurgle and gnarled hide to keep the BSB alive and give him the standard that lowers armour near him. Against many opponents that will be pretty horrific - bonus marks as it has a really Nurgly feel to it! This shoulf give you the points to upgrade your Lvl 1 to a Lvl 2 and have some space for trinkets. Maybe ironcurse icon to protect from war machines.

kikibobo
14-11-2014, 19:42
I would be tempted to save a few points by putting the razor banner in instead of the beast banner. If you are going to be getting poisoned attacks it seems like spending a lot to get +1 to wound where you will be doing a decent number of automatic wounds. Alternatively (and controversially) you could try and rely on toughness, regen, mark of Nurgle and gnarled hide to keep the BSB alive and give him the standard that lowers armour near him. Against many opponents that will be pretty horrific - bonus marks as it has a really Nurgly feel to it! This shoulf give you the points to upgrade your Lvl 1 to a Lvl 2 and have some space for trinkets. Maybe ironcurse icon to protect from war machines.

That is a great point N00B, but it only gives me 30 points back I think which isnt quite enough to upgrade the bray to lvl 2 or anything... though thats a few extra points to tinker with items. I agree that the banner of the beast isn't needed in a poison list but that extra S would be nice to have for those who dont poison and to break through armor. If I didnt take it, I would just go with the blackened armor option and maybe throw some other items on the bsb and shaman

Stase
25-11-2014, 13:50
Hello, and sorry to bother !

I plan to build me a Nurgle oriented list, just like kikibobo.
But I have a two questions :
1/ Are beast men and maraudeurs totally un-removable ? I don't really like the way they look, so I'm trying to get a list without them.
2/ Why don't you use the new Blightkings ?

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for the noobish questions, I'm new with the Chaos guys !

N00B
25-11-2014, 16:25
I am not such a fan of the Marauders but I think the beast men look fantastic! You could get a similar effect from plaguebearers in core but then you are slipping into a pure demons army (not a bad thing, just a comment) with GUO, Beasts and Plaguebearers. Then festus cant join them either...

The problem with plaguebearers is that they are slow - gors at M5, beasts at M6, GUO at M6 and so on will leave these guys behind. With no shooting and your damage spells being short ranged you probably need that speed. to deny your opponent space to move into.

I kind of hate to say it but a Great Bray Shaman might be worth considering. At the moment I am using 2 lvl 4 shamans, one with Skull of Rakaros and one with book of Ashur on beasts and Shadow. The buffs/hex selection is great and with +5/+6 to cast your dice go a long way (+occasional benefits from lore attribute of beasts). Needing a 3+ to get wildform off is a nice position to be in. The lores do compliment eachother quite well as they are usually forced to let a spell through out of any two or three you chose to cast (wildform, withering, mindrazor) all swing your crucial combat, (Amber Spear, Pit of Shades, Pendulum) all are good for taking down monsters, (Miasma, Curse of Anraheir) both couple well with the mark of Nurgle to stop your guys getting hit in combat and both can be used to help control movement.

Transformation of Kadon should not be neglected as a spell - with a back up lvl 4, not being able to cast spells isnt such a big deal and although equipment and magic items are lost special rules and gifts and mutations remain. This means in combat your unit can use the resulting dragon's (if you chose it) Ld for Primal Fury, but the dragon itself retains primal fury (for 8 re-roll-able attacks). If you are getting +7 to cast this then you use fewer dice and the risk of a miscast is much lower. The big benefit now though is Mark of Nurgle - you can charge a threatening unit - transform a Shaman, force the other into a second rank and still probably only be hit on 6s.