PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels questions.

Scribe of Khorne
13-11-2014, 04:21
So Blood Angels are one of my first 2 armies (the other being Chaos - 3.5 World Eaters).

The current BA book is firmly middle to lower rung, and I am fine with that, but I have 2 questions.

1. Do we have any indication of the BA Death Company army build going away? I sold my last (2nd) BA army after it turned out to be too similar to my World Eater list at the time (late 5th) and would like to buy in for a small Death Company army. That said, I dont want it to be a waste of time as it wont be expanded to a larger force.

2. Why does Forge World hate the Blood Angels. I was looking at the most recent space marine IA book, and it ignores the BA completely. I am shocked FW does not want my money, as they take enough for their Heresy offerings.

Any insights on those, much appreciated!

Blood for the Blood God and/or Sanguinius! :p

Charistoph
13-11-2014, 05:28
1. Do we have any indication of the BA Death Company army build going away? I sold my last (2nd) BA army after it turned out to be too similar to my World Eater list at the time (late 5th) and would like to buy in for a small Death Company army. That said, I dont want it to be a waste of time as it wont be expanded to a larger force.

I haven't heard one way or the other. Only thing I've heard is they're getting new Terminators (:wtf:), though Assault Marines would have been better and made more sense.

The Death Company kit is rather new, so I don't anticipate any changes there, if it's in the kit, expect it to stay in their options. Only thing I can think of is that they will completely loose their "Unique" status.

Will they still be available as non-Scoring Troops or up to 30 in a squad? I can't say. They could easily just be made Elites and 3-10. Will they be their special Formation to have them as a full squad of 30? Who knows. But that's questions we have to look at.

2. Why does Forge World hate the Blood Angels. I was looking at the most recent space marine IA book, and it ignores the BA completely. I am shocked FW does not want my money, as they take enough for their Heresy offerings.

Well, there are the Lamentors... And the Blood Angels aren't really shown in the early parts of the Heresy.

Scribe of Khorne
13-11-2014, 05:51
Terminators eh? That would be weird.

I dont really need the 30 man blob, but would like even with an SC (which seems to be ebbing as an unlocking tool) the ability to take a 'pure' death company + chaplain army, so keeping them Troops would be key I guess.

Vaktathi
13-11-2014, 05:59

Any insights on those, much appreciated!

Blood for the Blood God and/or Sanguinius! :pAre you talking about IA2 2nd edition? There's a BA unique Contemptor variant and the vast majority of the rest of the stuff is is available to BA's, it's just not unique :p

Scribe of Khorne
13-11-2014, 06:04
Yeah IA2, in reading the stuff I actually wanted, it wasnt available. Fire Raptor I guess being key item I had just looked up. :p

Still a hold back from when the Storm Raven was BA only I guess.

Charistoph
13-11-2014, 06:22
Terminators eh? That would be weird.

Two Words: Space Hulk. That's the only reason I can think of.

I dont really need the 30 man blob, but would like even with an SC (which seems to be ebbing as an unlocking tool) the ability to take a 'pure' death company + chaplain army, so keeping them Troops would be key I guess.

Not necessarily. They could be made Elites, but given a Detachment FOC much like the Space Wolves' Champions of Fenris.

Alternatively, a Formation using Astorath the Grim with 3 Death Company squads could also be in order.

Scribe of Khorne
13-11-2014, 06:36
Remember, in my fantasy world we lose formations and FOC shattering supplements Charistoph. ;)

MajorWesJanson
13-11-2014, 06:48

FW tends to take GWs lead on things, and hold off while GW is working on a new codex to avoid stepping on toes or overlap. After a codex has come out, then it likely starts to see FW love.
That or FW is holding on to some of their new BA ideas until HH:Signus comes around, and give them to the BA Legion instead of 40K.

Scribe of Khorne
13-11-2014, 07:33
Could be for sure. I'm not sure what fancy unit BA will get at this point for 30K but I just cant seem to kick Chaos or BA no matter what I do..

lordbeefy
13-11-2014, 11:42
Isnt there a BA campaign coming up? Im sure I read somewhere that tge next campaign book that gw were working on was BA and AM versus some otger nasties. It would tie in with the rumours of the new BA codex being imminent.

Models wise the dc are a reasonably new kit. Certainly newer than the cadians so I dont anticipate them being dropped anytime soon. Not sure on dc army lists though.

FW do nice termie shoulder pads, vehicle plates, brass etch and the original contemptor they released had a BA as their painted example with dual power fists. I imagine there will be significant HH era BA stuff in due time due to the chapters significant role in the battle of terra and Sanguinius' pivotal role in the defeat of Horus.......I cant wait to see what they do for that.....although my credit card balance is quivering in terror at the thought of it!

Charistoph
13-11-2014, 15:06
Remember, in my fantasy world we lose formations and FOC shattering supplements Charistoph. ;)

Doesn't change the facts of what has happened this Edition. Being an ostrich about it won't change that.

It's also just as likely Death Company will stay Troops, loose the 1 per army rule, be 3-30, but Assault Marines moved to Fast Attack and they get a Detachment that swaps Troops for Fast Attack and provide the Descent of Angels rules there, thereby leaving most of your Death Company desires alone.

Scribe of Khorne
13-11-2014, 19:15
Fair enough Charistoph. I certainly dont wish to split this off from the other thread. :]

I guess with that framework in mind, its not even relevent what they do to the Unit, unless they drop it completely, as an Unbound list could still be defaulted to.

AndrewGPaul
14-11-2014, 11:22
Yeah IA2, in reading the stuff I actually wanted, it wasnt available. Fire Raptor I guess being key item I had just looked up. :p

Still a hold back from when the Storm Raven was BA only I guess.

Have you checked the errata on Forge World's website? You can have a Fire Raptor if you want. You can even give it autocannon in the turrets if you like, too.

Herkamer63
15-11-2014, 15:22
Something you could do, and this is something I'm actually planning on doing soon, get some of the FW assault marine kits, and either use them as regular Assault marines or as Vanguard Veterans. You would have to buy other kits to get power weapons if you go through FW or GW, but at least this'll make them pop out. As long as you have BA shoulder pads or the transfer papers that GW supplies and paint them like BA (unless you are painting them up differently and not BA per se), I think you should be ok. I actually did that with my Crimson Fists, with the exceptions of IF/CF shoulder pads and using Corvus armor as my sternguard. Unless if you want to wait for FW to make a move with BA, in which case I understand, see what you can come up with and you may be surprised with the results.