PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Be'lakor?

SanDiegoSurrealist
13-11-2014, 17:04
Looking over the Glotkin book and just noticed there is no mention of Be'lakor!

Being the First Daemon Prince of Chaos, and touched by all the Chaos Gods you would think he would be available in a Legions of Chaos list.

Alltaken
13-11-2014, 17:09
He's in the cover of the last gotrek and felix book, so make that what you will.

Also the touched by the four gods thing makes it feel really dirty

SanDiegoSurrealist
13-11-2014, 17:15

Okay Mr. Be'lakor. Now show us, on the doll, where Slaanesh touched you.

Evil Hypnotist
13-11-2014, 17:19
There is a battle scroll for him available to download but RAW means he is only available for Warriors and Daemons armies. Your opponent may allow him for Legions if you ask.

SanDiegoSurrealist
13-11-2014, 17:31
There is a battle scroll for him available to download but RAW means he is only available for Warriors and Daemons armies. Your opponent may allow him for Legions if you ask.

Yes, I have the battle scroll.

Not asking to use him just making the observation that RAW would state that he is not available for a Legions of Chaos list.

Given his background, it just seems a little strange.

MOMUS
13-11-2014, 17:37
His main background was intended to lead up to the SoC where he gained freedom and set about killing stuff at the front of a massive army, not following archaon but his own path. But now I'm not sure where he stands

WhispersofBlood
13-11-2014, 18:40
Yes, I have the battle scroll.

Not asking to use him just making the observation that RAW would state that he is not available for a Legions of Chaos list.

Given his background, it just seems a little strange.

B'elakor's army was a Daemon army though so its not that strange.

SirBlackmane
14-11-2014, 20:01
He's too busy with puppet mastering Eldar titans in 40k to make am appearance. [emoji1]

kylek2235
14-11-2014, 20:12
They've Anvil of Doomed him, ie are determined to never sell him again.

Ograr
14-11-2014, 22:18
I read Archaon the Everchosen, which is (sort of) narrated by Be'lakor. He makes it pretty obvious that he sees Archaon as nothing but a future host body, faffing about until the time is right.

My personal theory is that Archaon will make his move in the final End Times book but his triumph will be cut short by Be'lakor either taking him over, fusing with him or destroying both of them. That's also what I think Kairos was referring to at the end of the Glottkin book.
Be'lakors time will come.

Scribe of Khorne
14-11-2014, 23:18
As spiritual successor to Malal, I would DIE for that to happen.

Maetco
17-11-2014, 05:21
He's in the cover of the last gotrek and felix book, so make that what you will.

How do you know? Has the cover been published / leaked?

Alltaken
17-11-2014, 08:29
How do you know? Has the cover been published / leaked?
A couple of months ago, at least since end times nagash.

jtrowell
17-11-2014, 08:48
Okay Mr. Be'lakor. Now show us, on the doll, where Slaanesh touched you.

Personnaly, I would worry more about where Nurgle had touched me, especially if the skin turned a strange color after that ... :shifty:

Still Standing
17-11-2014, 09:24
Be'lakor is one of my favourite characters in Warhammer. My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end.

Is Be'lakor WFBs version of Gollum?

cornonthecob
17-11-2014, 09:32
If he's on the cover of a Gotrek novel well.......I suspect someones going to get an axe to the face lol

Oogie boogie boss
17-11-2014, 10:43
'Be'Lakor- Touched By A (Fallen) Angel'.

Lord Dan
17-11-2014, 11:50

Dan: "Hahaha..."
Wife: "What?"
Dan: "I don't...it's kind of hard to explain."
Wife: "It's okay, I've got time."
Dan: "So basically in the Warhammer univ-"
Wife: "Nevermind."

Still Standing
17-11-2014, 12:03
Dan: "Hahaha..."
Wife: "What?"
Dan: "I don't...it's kind of hard to explain."
Wife: "It's okay, I've got time."
Dan: "So basically in the Warhammer univ-"
Wife: "Nevermind."

I have that conversation with the misses on an almost daily basis...

Spartan601
17-11-2014, 12:09
Didn't Be'Lakor cop a Teclis to the face? Whilst controlled by Malekith. Thus wouldn't he be in the penalty box for the next few hundred years?

Lord Zarkov
19-11-2014, 21:47
Didn't Be'Lakor cop a Teclis to the face? Whilst controlled by Malekith. Thus wouldn't he be in the penalty box for the next few hundred years?

He got banished by Teclis in SoC, but that's now been retconned into oblivion, and who knows what he'll do in the ET fluff.

He's been popping up quite frequently in BL recently though. He is in couple of G+F books (and on the front cover of the next one that's not released yet); he has a major role in Archaon Everchosen; there's an Ahriman audio drama about him; and I vaguely recall some others recently but I can't remember specifics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Dark Trees
20-11-2014, 13:28
I read Archaon the Everchosen, which is (sort of) narrated by Be'lakor. He makes it pretty obvious that he sees Archaon as nothing but a future host body, faffing about until the time is right.

My personal theory is that Archaon will make his move in the final End Times book but his triumph will be cut short by Be'lakor either taking him over, fusing with him or destroying both of them. That's also what I think Kairos was referring to at the end of the Glottkin book.
Be'lakors time will come.

While I doubt Games Workshop would take go with this narrative (I can't see them humbling Archeon, which is a pity), I'd very much like to see it happen. Be'lakor is a remarkably compelling figure and I've been intrigued by his nefarious activities since I began playing Mordheim. He is spiteful, malevolent, self-serving--and perpetually failing: he's a perfect villain. He also was made into one of the finest Citadel miniatures every produced.

I mean, just look at him: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5529/9391711361_45eeb77a03_z.jpg

He needs a revival.