PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Xenarch

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

x-esiv-4c
13-06-2005, 20:55
Hey guys,
I'm going to start a fan-based Codex on the very little known Xenarch. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a collaborative effort?

Thanks!

-4c.

Bmaxwell
14-06-2005, 17:14
um what are the xenarch?

I can't make rules to save my rear but fluff im pretty good at as long as long as I know the feel to it

Verm1s
14-06-2005, 17:37
Hey guys,
I'm going to start a fan-based Codex on the very little known Xenarch.

um what are the xenarch?
Lol. That was good.
But... I know nothing about the Xenarch myself.

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 17:51
The only source of info about the Xenarch is from the =][= book, traces of fluff may exist in older books but I can't find any of it, not even in the RT book.

Hoshi No Koe
14-06-2005, 17:58
I'm pretty sure it's really the only one piece there is on them. Which one were the Xenarch, I don't remember if they were the warrior monk guys or the guys using electricity based gear. Can you remind me what that particular piece said.
And I'm always curious of what your vision of them would be like.

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 18:10
The warrior monk guys were the scythians or something like that. However the =][= book states they use electical based weaponry.....I'm seeing tesla coils here, I'll come up with some concept ideas and pass them on.

Antaeus
14-06-2005, 22:06
Sounds like an interesting project, though all I know of them is, as with most people I suspect, the Death Arc in Inquisitor. Still, could be interesting to come up with some ideas, if assistance would be appreciated.

Bmaxwell
15-06-2005, 03:07
well lets think here what would a alien race that is monk like but has advanced weaponery

1. they are powerful enough for the inq not to kill them, to small to be a threat, or can't be cought to be killed.

2. are the human like?

3. space ships?

some things we need to anwser

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 04:35
They are not the "warrior monk" race, those are the scythians I believe ( sp ). I'd imagine that the Xenarch technology ( defense weaponary ) poses some threat, The death-arc falls under the same catagory as the necron Gauss flayer.

Now, as for an image I was thinking about something bipedal clad in dark carapace stylied armour. It states that their capacitor technology is far greater then the Ad-mech so in some respect of science they are very advanced, Also being from the Northern rim puts them out of most of the Imperiums reach.

Trouble is, I don't want this list to be the best of all worlds: Advanced tech, combat prowess etc etc, then again I don't want them to be to similar to another race such as Tau for example. I'm going to keep with the "electrical" theme since thats the only solid thing we have right now...

I'll mull some-more stuff over and update.

Bmaxwell
15-06-2005, 05:14
i was thinking 4 legs. and 2 arms the 4 legs directly benath the body for the most stableity but not that tough farily strong but thats cause they're quite fast. very good jumpers quite adavanced weapons but not 2 strong armour ships are all small mabye 100 person crew but quite fast

what do you think?

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 05:31
Quadrapeds with 2 arms. Perhaps as a form of mechanized walker? I wouldn't mind seeing a race in 40k that uses walkers heavily ( Tau suits don't count ). I agree with small ships, perhaps prefering electrical shielding over bulk-armour. I was thinking about keeping a "Tesla" image prevailant.

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 12:54
They're described as 'shadowy' - some infiltration/hit and run-style units maybe?

My thoughts are to not make them that good in close combat (ie, low to average Strength and Toughness) but have some good close combat equipment and fairly powerful ranged weapons. Walkers sound good, though they'll need something to give them a degree of mobility: perhaps a Fast Attack unit with a 12" charge and Hit and Run?

Hideous Loon
15-06-2005, 14:52
A Fast Walker, perhaps? That operates in groups of five-ten and have a crappy AV?

(Of course, the anti-tank weapons in the enemy's army would have one helluva time.)

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 15:38
I like the idea of "Shadowy" The hit and run element is a good idea. "Perhaps a Kroot plus"? I've been thinking about the fluff and I've got some good ideas. I want to incorporate the electrical factor into the fluff, perhaps ionic bombardment of their homeplanet plays into the fluff or something.

So far this is what we have:

-Bipedal creatures
-Use Hit-and-Run tactics, electrical based weapons.
-Some speciality of close-combat? Perhaps an assassin role?

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 15:57
'T has muchly potential. Doesn't need to all be electrical weapons though, remember the Imperium has las, projectile, bolt, missile etc weapons. Electrical stuff givesa unique flavour, though...

Background: Depends, do we want them to have a full-blooded Empire, or just a few worlds?

For basic Troops, I was thinking similar to Imperial Guard in abilities, but with better weapons (Death Arcs instead of Lasguns), maybe +1 to Cover Saves or a 6+ Invulnerable as well?

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 16:02
I was thinking that the Death arcs should be a special weapon, I agree with you in that not all their weapons should be electrical, I just see it as a good idea to exploit to make them some-what unique. As for size of the empire? I'd imagine large enough to have weapons fall into the hands of inquisitors :). Cover save is a good idea but maybe for their elites only or something.

nurgle_boy
15-06-2005, 16:21
youve got to include some heavy electrical weapons.
say, a large cannon lik gun, possibly mounted on a heavy-ish skimmer, similar to a hammwerhead, though it used a shower of conductive needles to fire a blast of electrical energy.

death arcs, should maybe cause pinning, due to, well, if youve ever beeen electrocuted, it takes a while to get up after...

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 16:25
Ahhh yes, the death-arcs should cause pinning, I like that idea. As for the conductive needle weapon, perhaps use a blast template? Like getting hit by a cloud of these needles?

I really like the walkers idea. Walkers are under-used in 40k and I think this would be a great opportunity to make use of them. Skimmers are not a bad idea, I myself have built a lifter that levitates when you pass a current through it, the device propels itself by charging air particles and creates a type of ionic wind...quite cool actually, but I digress. Skimmers and walkers...I like it.

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 16:55
Can I buy it? :)

I like the idea of Death Arcs being a special weapon. Maybe an 'elite' class all equipped with them, and a few fo the basic troops? Say an 'Arc rifle' for the grunts.

Walkers and skimmers sounds like fun on one hand, but I'm thinking of another alien race with both of those and no track/wheel units. They have pointy ears...as you say, walkers are under-used (and the coolest concept imho), so why not have all the units walkers and just have some quicker ones?

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 18:14
My repulsion device consists of balsa wood, magnetic wire and a computer monitor. I can send you a video of it if you want, give me your email address.

As for the the Arc rifle, Solid. Any idea for a stat line at all? I'm somewhat hesitant on throwing a S of 4 on it. Perhaps S:3 range 24: assault 2?
A little too powerful?

wibble
15-06-2005, 18:49
Range:24" S3 Assault 2 sounds good.
How about the special weapon Death Arc? How about:
Range:18" S5 Assault 1 causes pinning

They're sounding good fluff-wise so far! A great idea

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 18:50
Sounds interesting. Any monkey business with me email address and I send the boys round ;)

Yup, I agree on S3. People often forget that S3 is average, not weak, it only seems weak when compared to Bolt weapons-which is as it should be, what with Bolters being baby missile launchers...

For the basic Arc rifle, looks nice. R24 S3 Ap6 Assault 2 maybe? Thought about Pinning for this as well, but might be too powerful.

For the full-blooded Death Arc: Crazy idea, what about...

R24 S- Ap5 Assault 3/Pinning. Electrical discharge*: Instead of rolling To-wound with the Death Arc, targets must make a Toughness test or suffer a Wound with Ap5. A roll of a 6 always fails, regardless of Toughness.

*Rubbishey name.

Makes it a bit different, but still utterly lethal, especially to light troops, but capable of hurting anything.

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 18:54
Ok, I like the idea...Good looking stat-lines indeed. The assault 2 Arc-rifle should mean that troop squads should be small, otherwise you're looking at 40 shots from a 20 man-squad...Dangerous.

perhaps their FOC should be similar to the guard. Such as one troop choice on the FOC would encompass something like 1-3 squads of Xenarch troopers, 1 special squad and 1 Command squad or something like that....Does it even fit in the fluff?...wait...what fluff...we're writing it!

As for the trooper:
Ws: 3 Bs: 3 S: 3 T: 2 A:1 I:2 W:1 Ld:7 Sv: 4+ thoughts?

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 18:56
I was also thinking that the walkers could be automated in a way that a Xenarch controller has to be within a certain range of the walkers for them to function at maximum capability, Say the controller has a mind-link interface with 3 walkers, the walkers would have to remain within 12" of the controller or else face a massive drop in leadership and move as it through difficult terrain....

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 19:02
That's weird, I was thinking T2 as well...rest of it looks fine. The FOC thing sounds fine in principle, hadn't given it too much thought. Only thing is "shadowy" suggests to me a lack of numbers, and the IG chart encourages big armies...this is open to interpretation though, and obviously there would be times when they took to the field in force.

Ooh, remote control walkers. I like it :) Immune to Stunned and Shaken results then? Perhaps different classes too: for example, 1 Fast Attack choice buys you three Quicky Walkers (not going to be called that obviosuly) and one Independent Character Controller with an Arc rifle.

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 19:11
Bingo Antaeus. Toughness of 2 makes them really weak against lasguns ...But given other advantages might be pretty cool. I concur with you on the whole FOC issue. A lack in numbers would have to be balanced out by something else...

The walkers would encompass all sorts, fast attack, heavy etc etc but all with the "Controller" connection. Wargear for controls may increase the sphere of influence they have or something like that.

So as we have it:
Ws: 3 Bs: 3 S: 3 T: 2 A:1 I:2 W:1 Ld:7 Sv: 4+ ok?

nurgle_boy
15-06-2005, 19:50
what about other weapons and troopers?
it may sound a bit crazy, bit how about a heavy weapon which fires something magnetising(?) the air so electricity can travel through the air with ease.

it fires a single shot at a resionable strength, the hits another unit memberwith a lower strength on a 2+, then another on 3+, then 4+, 5+, then a 6.

this represents the shot hitting one target, and splitting into multiple bolts...
does it make sense/sound cool, or am i focusing too much on the electric part?

if im not, heres another!
think long barreled taser type weapon, fires a microthin wire, whic then has billions of volts pumped through it. use in a sniper type unit?

a plasma blasty type thing would be nice as well....

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 19:57
I like the idea of charge arcing from one unit to another. The mechanics of it would have to be well thought out to avoid ambiguity or fromage. For a heavy weapon / tank / walker mounted i'm seeing some kind of Tesla thing...

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 22:36
One thing I was wondering is about the I2...I'd have thought that a lean, fast-moving creature would have a decent I. Or is it their heavy armour?

For the Troops unit as they are, I'd guess around 8pts/model - how does this look?

Xenarch Infantry - 8pts/model

WS3 BS3 S3 T2 W1 I2 A1 Ld7 Sv4+
Size: 6-10 models
Equipment: Arc rifle. Up to 1 model may take a Death arc (+7pts) (maybe other weapons later)
Special Rules: Concealment: All Xenarch gain +1 to Cover saves.

Antaeus
15-06-2005, 22:42
Other random thoughts:

Xenarch Shadowwalker (Elites)
WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W2 I3 A2 Ld8 Sv4+
Size: 6-10 models
Equipment: Death arc
Special rules: Concealment, Infiltrators, Hit and Run, 12" charge move

-Slightly bigger, tougher Xenarch with extra limbs - either organic or mechanical. We haven't really thought much about their appearance apart from the number of limbs - are we going quadruped or biped? And do they have bionics technology? I have a cool mental image of their armour having transparent piping glowing with electrical discharges...

New weapon: Rip-laser. First non-electrical weapon, utilises a pair of laser beams to rip a target in two. S8 re-rolling unsuccessful armour pen rolls maybe?

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 23:42
Let me mull over what we have so far and make some suggestions. As for now it's looking pretty damn good.

Lady Bastet
16-06-2005, 00:45
I have an idea for a weapon- a gun that allows lightning to arc from one target to another. Sort of like the Axe of Khorne only a gun.

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 00:53
Sounds like fun. Any further specifics? Assault or Heavy?

Lady Bastet
16-06-2005, 01:14
I picture a sort of flamer myself, so assault I guess.

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 03:11
Antaeus, did you manage to see that video I sent you? Bastet, I like the idea about the assault weapon...Can you come up with a stat-line or something?

I'm working on the "Walkers" that are controlled by a "Connector" Essentially a Xenarch with an MIU link that controls several robotic walkers....call them golems or something.

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 12:12
I did indeed. Lovely. I like magic :) (if I don't understand how it works, it must be magic) You should do it again, replacing the lifter with a Falcon Grav Tank or something...

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 13:26
Hehe, The lifter itself is only around 6 grams however If I could rig up several corona wires and perhaps an airfoil, then maybe I could get a grav-tank to lift off.

While on the subject, does anyone have an idea what kind of HQ unit the Xenarch would have? I was thinking of calling an HQ unit: Prophetic Deep. Something strange like that.

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 13:35
Sounds promising. A psyker? Or maybe it gives nearby troops some kind of bonus, like enhancing their Cover save.

Again, crazy brainstorm mode engaged.

Prophetic Deep: Xpts
WS3 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I1 A2 Ld9 Sv3+

Equipment: Death arc, Power weapon.
Special Rules: Infiltrators, Shadow: all Xenarch units within 12" gain +2 to Cover saves and enemies need to test for Night Fighting.

Very different from fighty or leader-y commanders *shrug*

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 13:52
Ohhh I like that a lot, very nice. Not sure about giving it a death-arc, perhaps we need to come up with some other weapons. Some pistols or something. I like the Night-fighting thing.

As for pistol:

Charge-Pistol ( change name ) Range: 12" Str: 3 Ap: 5 Pistol (Low setting)
Range: 12" Str: 4 Ap:5 Pistol ( high setting / gets hot )

Prior to rolling to hit, player must choose a charge setting.

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 14:17
Interesting. Just said a Death arc since we didn't have much else yet :) I gave it I1 because I had the idea that it wears much heavier armour (hence its high Toughness and better save.)

The pistols...fine idea, though I'm not sure S4 Ap5 is worth the chance of it overheating. Maybe the low setting always fires 2 shots, the high setting 1 shot?

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 14:21
Ahhh good idea!

Charge-Pistol ( change name ) Range: 12" Str: 3 Ap: 5 Pistol (Low setting) ( fires twice )
Range: 12" Str: 5 Ap:5 Pistol ( high setting / gets hot )

how is this?

nurgle_boy
16-06-2005, 14:30
what about ordnance? will there be any, what will thry be like? how will they work?

i did think, maybe something like the eldar death spinners, on a larger scale, firing a thin wire mesh thats conductive... itd cause pinning... say...

rng:36or48 str:7, maybe less or more ap:low, maybe none, auto glances vehicles, and penetrates on a 5+, due to powerfull shortouts.

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 14:36
Cool. Makes them a bit more unique. Could be unimaginitive and call them Arc pistols...

@Nurgle: Not sure about Ordnance. Maybe for a big unit, though huge explosions, electrical or otherwise, don't really strike me as that 'shadowy'. I mayt be putting too much stress on one word, just want to use what we have. Sounds like a nice idea in principle though.

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 14:39
I do like the idea of the Night-spinner thing and something like thatwould be fairly covert in nature. I can imagine an ordnance weapon that would cause pinning over destructive damage.

I would like to see a "Tank hunting" unit, infiltrators that run in and get in close enough to a tank or deliver a massive electrical discharge, kind of like sappers.

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 14:44
Well, let's see what we have/can have.

HQ:
"Prophetic Deep" - Gives nearby units Night Fight and improves their already good Cover saves.

Elites:
"Shadowwalkers" - Infiltrating troops with Death arcs, look good against Infantry but can damage anything with a T value.
"Tank Hunters"

Troops:
"Infantry"

Fast Attack:
Light Walker with 12" charge and Hit and Run?

Heavy Support:
Bigger walker with Night-spinnery weapon
Remote-controlled walker

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 15:08
In heavy support I'd throw in the Robot-walkers that are controlled by a "Controller" Smaller versions of that "big-walker" ( damn we need some names ). With perhaps some different weapons.

Btw, are we going to have any psykers?

Antaeus
16-06-2005, 15:13
Yup, forgot to mention them, editing. Potential to be the coolest unit of the lot.

Psykers, I was thinking about that because of the Prophet's name...a few small powers maybe? Perhaps another concealment-related power?

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 15:26
Yeah, I could see concealment powers, something like:

"Photon drain" After passing a successful check the psyker chooses a unit 12" away. Any units shooting at it suffer from night-fight rules.

Perhaps their "psychic" powers comes from devices, techology. Wow, bet the Ad-mech would love to get their hands on these guys.

wibble
16-06-2005, 18:49
I was thinking for the Walkers, instead of normal Front/Side/Rear Armour as on vehicles, how about some kind of electro-magnetic shield? Don't quite know how it would work but it could be an interesting variation on light vehicles.

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 19:02
Or perhaps the shield could be wargear that the controller buys for each walker. Otherwise the walkers would have a 10/10/10 armor. With the shield, act like a void shield or something....perhaps not as potent.

Good suggestion however.

Bmaxwell
17-06-2005, 02:09
how about this? the Xearch region pure engery is sacred. there fore when you reach a high enough psker power they can become what they consider sacerd. pure engery. but since the pure engery can not be contain easliy is is put into these sort of "teslam coils" that are then attached to a sort of walker creation and form there they lead the army. useing there pure engery to stike down there foes? i think that would fit

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 03:16
AHhh I see, so in essence its like Transhumanism in that they can instill their being into machines and other contraptions....Sounds a lot like the "Core" from total annihilation. I like the idea for fluff Bmaxwell, anyone else like this as much as I do ?

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 14:30
Interesting. Very interesting. A being made from pure energy? Crazy, but no-one said this was a sane idea. Reminds mea bit of the B'omarr monks in Jabba's palace in Star Wars.

A background consideration: why are they called Xenarch? Is that the name they give themselves? Or is it a fusion of 'Xeno' and 'Arc' (as in electrical arc), therefore the Imperial name for them?

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 14:37
I suppose it could be a term that a rogue trader may have coined upon contact with the Xenarch. Either way this project is taking form! Woot!

wibble
17-06-2005, 16:10
What kind of language do they speak? Some form of binary? Do they even need to speak or just communicate telepathically? I think the idea of binary telepathy sounds cool.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 16:12
Some form of telepathy would work I suppose. If their are transhumanistic beings then physical communication would become very difficult. Telepathic communication in vector and tensor notation would be cool, something strange like that.

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 16:20
Anyone else thinking we may be overdoing this energy/electricity thing? ;)

Language, I'm easy, I'd thought normal verbal communication, but telepathy works for me. Hadn't given it any thought.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 16:23
Eh, you have a point antaeus about the whole electricity thing. I'm just trying to get the Xenarch an edge to make them different enough from other races. Tau have super technology, Orks have the horde....you catch my drift.

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 16:24
Latest crazy thought: Anti-tank/armour unit

Shadow Reaver (I know, I'm calling everything Shadow. Working name, obviously)

WS3 BS3 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 Ld8 Sv5+
Squad size: 3-6
Equipment: Disruptor rifle. Up to 1 member may exchange for a Rip-laser.
Special rules: Concealment, Deep Strike (Tunnelling), Infiltrate

Disruptor rifle: R12" S7 Ap3 Assault 1
Rip-laser: R36" S8 Ap2 Heavy 1, Can re-roll any armour penetration rolls.

----------------------------

Higher Initiative and lighter armour. Higher Leadership: a more self-reliant type of Xenarch, outcast/loner types.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 16:31
If anything I would make the squad size even smaller to emphasize the "small unit" concept.

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 16:32
Truth, all truth. 3-6 maybe? Can't make them too small since they need to be able to do some damage, but I see your point.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 16:35
yeah that sounds about right. You see, what I envision is a lot of small units. This poses a problem in the FOC because 6 troop choices will leave you fielding a small number of troops. If the FOC could be revised into "Cells" ( no electrical pun intended but it works ) then I could see a greater number of small squads. Say 3 cells = 1 troop choice.

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 16:42
Sounds good to me. You mean, say, 3 Infantry squads (hey, maybe 'Cell' could be their term for 'squad', like Tyranids have 'brood'?) count as 1 Troop choice? That would work for me.

Would they use sniper rifle-equivalent weapons? More stealthy, shadowy-ness. I have this image of glowing long rifles zapping people at long range from the darkness.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 16:46
Would they use sniper rifle-equivalent weapons? More stealthy, shadowy-ness. I have this image of glowing long rifles zapping people at long range from the darkness.

Bingo. Yeah, if we use the "brood" connotation but call it cells I see this working. Perhaps troop cells should be 6-8 size? then have 1 or 2 special weapons in the squad, one of which could be a sort of sniper rifle like you described.

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 16:53
Good thinking. Things are taking shape :) I went for 1 special weapon instead of 2 though, to prevent the dreaded min-maxing.

Xenarch Infantry Cell- 8pts/model

WS3 BS3 S3 T2 W1 I2 A1 Ld7 Sv4+
Size: 6-8 models
Equipment: Arc rifle. Up to 1 model may take a Death arc (+7pts) or Impulse rifle (+5pts)
Special Rules: Concealment: All Xenarch gain +1 to Cover saves.

Arc rifle: R24" S3 Ap6 Assault 2
Death arc: R24" S- Ap5 Assault 3, Pinning, Electrical discharge*: Instead of rolling To-wound with the Death Arc, targets must make a Toughness test or suffer a Wound with Ap5. A roll of a 6 always fails, regardless of Toughness.
Impulse rifle: Counts as a Sniper rifle.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 18:33
CONCRETE! This one is solid. Just saved it into the compendium so far. Just to make sure, 1 troop choice is 3 cells right?. Should we include different types of units to be included into troop-cells?

Example:
1 troop choice on FOC = 3 cells = 2 Xenarch infantry cells + 1 Xenarch stalker cell

( I have no idea what the stalkers are...just made up).

Bmaxwell
17-06-2005, 19:33
since you guys like the little fluff idea i made up im gonna start working on more fluff for these guys i should have it up by like 9 or so its 2:30 right now (eastern time) so yea i'll post it then its gonna be big to.

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 19:38
Cool thanks for the help Bmaxwell, really appriciated!

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 19:49
Ooh, that's a nice idea, mixed Troops choices. Works for me :) Yip, I like that, 2 Infantry Cells + 1 'Stalker' Cell = 1 Troops slot. Could do with a cooler name for the infantry...but I like the way this is going.

'Stalkers': Maybe an extra light infantry unit all with Impulse rifles, like Eldar Rangers? Perhaps with some grenade options?

x-esiv-4c
17-06-2005, 19:52
Yeah, all the names are temporary for now, just some nomenclature to use for convenience. Yeah. I could see stalkers being a total sniper unit, worse armour save maybe? Just trying to keep strengths and vulnerabilities somewhat even.

Antaeus
17-06-2005, 20:54
Works for me, 5+ armour and Initiative 3 should do it for Stalkers. Maybe our first Hit-and-Run unit (with 12" charge)?

Bmaxwell
18-06-2005, 00:13
Xenarch

Physiology: the Xenarch at could be mistaken for a human form a distance but it become quite apparent when on a closer look that they could be no further form humans. They have a general human body, 2 legs, 2 arms, hands, and a head. The feet are more akin to a reptile’s foot with 3 clawed toes and a rear claw that can be used to attack an oppeant while in a jump or kicking fight. The entire body is covered in many tiny scales so small that it looks like skin to a naked eye. These scales are very soft to the touch but based on the Xenarchs mood then can also begin to harden and the skin of the creature starts to take on a hard chitin appearance. the arms are covered in the same type of scales but on the wrist there are 2 small openings that a small clawed tentacle resides that was oringally designed to poison prey but now with the adavanedmane of Xenarch technology are used as the connection between creature and machine. There are 4 claws on each hand each about the with of 2 human fingers. At the end of the muscular fingers a small but razor sharp retacble claw. The head is basically. The mouth is full of razor sharp teeth and also has a secondary jaw that can unfold form the chin and become two mandibles.

Culture: the Xenarch culture is based on there religion which they consider pure energy to be the most beautiful thing in the universe. This can be seen in all aspects of the culture. All works of art are things that make beautiful light displays or holograms etc etc. the rulers of the Xenarch are the Prophets. Threw immense psychic power then have been able to shed there mortal bodies and become pure energy. They are for the most part contained in walkers that in times of wars can be even more powerful then the strongest Dreadnought. It is not uncommon to see other aliens in or in rare cases humans in Xenarch systems. These aliens and humans have embraced the Xenarch way of life entirely.

Langue.: with pure energy being sacred it is seemed to be crude for them to speak instead most communication is telepathic. Which strangely other Humans and other aliens in Xenarch systems have no trouble in interacting entirely telepathically. It is not uncommon for a Xenarch bar to be completely silent and then having a fight break out.

Spacefleet: made up of many small craft. That are extremely fast very few craft are much larger then a large cruiser. Most are capable of sub light speeds. Just recently the Xenarch have discovered warp travel and they have just begun to experiment with it. they have been able to mass produce warp drives that can even fit onto fighters. There weapons are mostly massive laser batteries. And massive electrical coils which act as the shields zapping anything thing that comes to close. But there main weapon is being able to turn ships against there own user’s by taking over a ships computer the Xenarch have slowly been growing there navy.

Pysker: all Xenarch has some Psychic talent. They must for if a Xenarch is born with out they are mute for all intents and purposes. Because almost all communication is done telepathically. Also much of there tech requires that they have a small level of psychic ability just so that they can interact with it.

What is not known to outsiders is that Xenarch are actually a symbiotic race. They where the Arch’s which as a space faring race though extremely advanced they where made of pure energy. Basically they where computer’s with Sentience. Not being able to find a way to have offspring. (for obvious reasons) they searched the galaxy something that would allow them to bear youth. Coming out of there sub light travel in the northern rim they stopped for the regular maintenance and repairs. During a regular sweep of a system for resources they found they main planet where the Xen lived. Not much better beasts when the Arch’s found them they begun to do repairs to there ships. Setting up bases on the planet its self to mine and gather resources. The arch fearing that something in the jungle could destroy them. Then sent out probes to see what was out there. They discovered the Xen at first the Xen attacked one of the probes but that unfournate creature was then vaporized by the powerful “counter measures” that the probe took. Then the arch sent out even more to bring back and study these creatures and other plant life for this was the first time that the Arch’s and encountered any thing biological. Amazed that they in fact where made up of many smaller organism’s (cells) that made one being they begun many genetic engineering. The Arch decided to stay in this system and attempt to speared the Xen to different planets as a expemrint. No matter where the Xen went weather it had a atmosphere or not eventually other plant life would spring up along side of them.

This continued for untold centuries, until one of the most powerful arch’s THX1010 made a remarkable discovery. That the Xen’s reproductive cycle first begun when a small part of the electrical Brain pattern of then Xen was isolated and put into the egg of the newly born egg of the Xen. Risking its own existence it attempted to put her electrical signal into the egg instead of the parent Xen. It worked. Though her mind was fragmented into 1,000,000 of Xen they still all knew what had to be done. They showed and proved to the rest of the archs that though they where fragmented they all where THX1010. the news was what the Arch’s had always strived to do to be able to reproduce and have offspring by divided there minds and putting them into biological creatures they could have offspring. (a single arch’s mind could not be contained in a Xen it would cause pure insanity) These new Xen where called Xenarch’s each Arch divded there mind on one of the worlds where Xen lived.

The leaders of Xenarchs the Prophets are in fact when enough Xenarch’s mind can be formed into a Arch. When the Arch’s First when into the Xen they awakened something they had not expected, the Xen was psychic race but due to the fact they could not think it had not been awakened yet and with the incredible minds of the arch in there body’s it has been awakened.

Bmaxwell
18-06-2005, 00:15
hope you guys like it

x-esiv-4c
18-06-2005, 00:18
Well, that sums it up! Fantastic work Bmaxwell bloody brilliant work! This is going straight into the compendium, anyone seen any changes? It looks great to me!

Bmaxwell
18-06-2005, 00:30
thanks alot that was somthing i did really quick as a overview there where some things i wanted to put in but couldn't find a good place

1. Arch's where only about 150 large very small each one had a about lunar class shipe that was there "body"

2. aleins and humans that are in Xenarch space are acuallty expements at putting Archs into other speices.

3. i want each arch to be insanely powerful. able to destory a world on its own. but you could have scaled down arch's as well

4. Xen release spores in there body that can create plant life and batriece so that a world can become inhabitale over time.

what did you like that most about it allways trying to make better work.

thanks for the complaments

Antaeus
18-06-2005, 10:25
Nice work, I like it. However, I'm not sure we want the Archs to be quite that powerful: reminds me too much of the C'tan. Remember they aren't meant to be that much of a threat to the Imperium.

Other important thing: what's the pronunciation? I think of it as "Zeen-ark". This would affect the spelling of the plural, since the plural of "Zeen-ark" would be 'Xenarchs' but plural of the "Zeen-arch" (as in torch) would be 'Xenarches', by my thinking at least.

Bmaxwell
18-06-2005, 17:05
good point. i aslo decied that there would acauttly only be about 80 archs to start with.

what might make more sense is if the entire fleet of archs could easily take over a world.

yea Zeen-ark is how i've been pronounceing it 2 but with pural just zeen-arks.

AcolyteLouxman
19-06-2005, 15:48
I've only just discovered this site else i would have deffinitely posted to you peeps before! i've just been reading what you have so far its v. cool!

i've tryed to make armies, but they generaly end up being comical affairs with large fat furry things that attack by sitting on people!

seriously though i like it all the only bit which sounds a bit wierd is...

Xenarch

...on the wrist there are 2 small openings that a small clawed tentacle resides that was oringally designed to poison prey but now with the adavanedmane of Xenarch technology are used as the connection between creature and machine...

its i lil too 'nid like i think... but who am i to critasise!

if theres anyway i can aid you let me know.
AL

Antaeus
19-06-2005, 21:49
*salutes Acolyte Louxman* Wilkommen. Anything you like, really. Criticisms, ideas for new background elements/units/weapons, anything would be useful :)

x-esiv-4c
20-06-2005, 15:31
Hey guys,
Sorry i've been a bit detached this weekend, had loads of work to get done. I'll have my head back in the game tonight. I'll compile what we have accepted so far into a "pre-codex" and we'll continue from there.

Thanks!

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 03:42
New unit ( Based on some US military R&D)

Name: * pending * (suggestions please) - Swarm for now
Type: Fast attack

Cost: 15

WS: 2
BS: 0
S: 3
T: 3
A: 2
I: 4
W: 3
LD: 8
Sv: 6+

Weapons: None

Squad size: 1-3

Description: Considered fast. Vulerable to blasts.

Special: The "Swarm" can attack a tank by forming into a high penetration formation and spearhead the armour. The strength of the attack is the strength + 2D6. However this attack destroys the swarm and is counted as a casuality.

The "Swarm" appears to be a fast moving dark amorphous cloud. It is composed of hundreds of small Xenarch constructs resembling reptilian birds. The swarm acts as a single entity and is sentient. Much like a flock of birds the swarm optimizes it's flight efficiency by using eachothers pressure differences to assist lift and maneuverability. The swarm detects targets and immediatly moves to attack by changing formation to maximize flight velocity.

thoughts?

Antaeus
21-06-2005, 15:41
Ooh, fun. There's too few suicide units in this game, after all :D It's not that powerful against heavier tanks, but looks quite good against light vehicles :)

Names, I think, are going to be a recurring problem. Are we going to give them their Xenarch names, or what the Imperium calls them? (may be the same, of course.) Thing is, if we're making Xenarch names, we'll have to work on naming conventions, some Xenarch words, things like that. I don't mind doing that, just curious about others' thoughts on this.

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 15:44
Precisly, an expendible anti-tank-suicide unit. What do you think about the stats? Points increase?

Antaeus
21-06-2005, 15:47
Edited my last post, by the way :)

One thing I'd do is make them Fearless - since the suicide thing might cause people confusion over whether suicides can cause morale checks. Heh, now I think of it, that's one of the toughest units in this army...can they detonate against troops as well, maybe a S6 hit, or always wounds on a 2+ Ap-?

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 15:50
For names, perhaps we should stick to Imperial designations. Since the Xenarch language seems to be an abstract one it might be hard to make names up for units.

For suicides against troops, I'd have to go no on this because the way they attack a tank is by using geometry to essentially turn the flock into a kinetic round. Of course due to shock-propagation and reflective pressure waves the majority of the "birds" will be destroyed. Against infantry I see them just speeding towards them and lacerating the targets as they pass by.

Antaeus
22-06-2005, 15:49
Alrightey. 'Twas just a thought :)

Light walker concept idea then.

Fast Attack

Type: Walker

Armour: 11/10/10 S6 2 Attacks

Equipment: Twin-linked Death arcs, claws (attack bonus included: Weapon Destroyed against Claws reduce Attacks to 1)

Special Rules: Swift and deadly (12" charge)

x-esiv-4c
22-06-2005, 18:21
Looks nice, what about point cost and unit size? Is this going to be a fast-attack? What were you thinking of in ways of appearance? Biped? Quadraped?

Antaeus
22-06-2005, 22:26
Quadruped, I think, quite long, spindly legs. Was thinking of 1-3 vehicle squadrons..possibly a controller character? Or should we keep that for the bigger walkers?

As for points, not sure. Very unusual unit.

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 14:24
Ok, Quad legged, spindly...yeah it's looking good. Now as for unit size 1-3 and probably with a controller

How, points...What about 50 pts per walker? Maybe less depending on the cost of the controller.

Antaeus
23-06-2005, 21:56
I'd say about 40-50, it's pretty versatile. Will Controllers be Independent Characters? Allowing them to hide in units. Perhaps because they're remote controlled they ignore Stunned and Shaken? Or perhaps make that some kind of upgrade?

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 22:30
Well, I would sugges that maybe the upgrades of the walkers comes from the Controller. If you upgrade the controllers MIU then they walkers will ignore "Stunned and Shaken". I would guess that the controllers would be Indep. Characters.
As for upgrades of the walkers I would see maybe anything from weapon upgrades, armour, perhaps even deep-striking ability ( walk in the shadows ). I envision the Controllers having an almost symbotic relationship with the walkers.

AcolyteLouxman
24-06-2005, 08:26
just a thought if the swarmy majiggers attack by swooping should they have the 'hit and run' rule? this would fit in with the swift nature of the army.

if they are loadsa small creatures i would personaly make them weaker (T 2 or even 1?) but with more wounds. i know this is not the traditional way swarms are represented but hey when makin stuff up you gotta push the boat out!

M

wibble
24-06-2005, 12:55
Looks good so far. How about a heavy walker

Armour: 13/12/12 Strength: 8 Attacks: 2

Equipment: Twin-linked Death Arc, Claws (as light walker), Storm Arc.

Heavy Support

Storm Arc: Range 36" Strength 8 AP special Heavy 1 Blast
Special rules: Electric storm - roll less than or equal to armour save (i.e. Terminators roll 1 or 2), to signify conductive nature of heavier armour.

How about 90pts?
Unit size 1 plus controller?

Are controllers HQ or bought as part of Fast Attack or Heavy Support? Perhaps one HQ choice could contain 5 controllers that operate independently?

x-esiv-4c
24-06-2005, 14:53
I envision controllers being attached to the unit the same way an IG commissar is. I suggest increase the unit size too. Other then that, looks really good. I'm right now compiling all we have into a Doc file.

x-esiv-4c
24-06-2005, 15:40
Ok, i've compiled what we have so far. Please PM me your emails so I can send the first revision.

He Who Laughs
24-06-2005, 16:28
I must commend you lot on conceiving and collating some interesting and imaginative fluff for the little known Xenarch. The whole "pure energy" idea is quite nifty.

Now, I don't have the Inquisitor rulebook handy - and thus don't know the range bands for the death arc, but I would imagine that it should only be a short-ranged affair - as electricity dissipates very quickly over distances. I realise that the Xenarch have got electro-tech pretty much down pat, but in my humle opinion, I just can't see basic infantry weapons shooting bolts of electricity huge distances (ie R24" as you've suggested).

Perhaps you could take a different angle (or just ignore me, either way :) ) - perhaps range 12-18", low strength(2-3), but AP3. My reasoning behind this, is that an electricity charge is a good way of overloading powered armour (and Termie armour) - just go back to 2nd ed with the haywire grenades (Termie took Str3 Ap1 hit if caught in blast).

This might work in well with the shadowy aspect - creep up close, and shock the s%^t out of the enemy.

Anyway, keep up the good work - and btw, "Cells" is an awesomely perfect name for Xenarch squads, well done!

x-esiv-4c
24-06-2005, 16:40
I like the idea about the Death arcs, I'm going to amend the codex so if there are any objections please speak up. If you have anyother suggestions please bring them forward! :)

He Who Laughs
24-06-2005, 16:48
Oh, and another thing - before you all start racing off and designing cool and funky units of electro and walker death, you really need to ask yourself (and answer) a few questions, like:

Why do the Xenarch need to fight? Have they been threatened/provoked?
Who/what/why are they fighting?
What caused them to develop weapons of harm?
Why do they fight the way they do (ie "shadowy")?

When you've got more of a basis for the reasons why they get around with death arcs / arc rifles zapping people in the ****, you'll be able to establish a more thematic and reasoned army selection, rather that just "hey, that's cool, we need an elites option, lets throw it in".
Remember that things like elites and fast attack don't have to be uber strong or uber fast, just more specialised or more mobile than your basic troops choices.

Now don't get me wrong, as I said in my last post I reckon you lot have come up with some cool ideas - but I'm just saying that if you don't sort out more of the basics before you get carried away, you could find yourselfs trying to shoe-horn all the cool units into the fluff, and it'll eventually lose it's under-lying themes.

Keep up the good work.

x-esiv-4c
24-06-2005, 17:50
yeah, currently writing the background of their expansion and being.
Thanks for the advice.

boogle
24-06-2005, 23:11
maybe rather than concentrating on Xenarch, why not try and do Codex Xenos, where you can cover all of the lesser known races as single entries (so in essence as Mercs style codex)

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 04:18
Most of the other races like the Sythians and Gulthanites (sp) are no where near the Xenarch galacticly speaking. Uniting races millions upon millions of light years away would be a difficulty, looking from a logistic point.

Twisted Ferret
25-06-2005, 05:29
Just in case no one's mentioned it - why such a low armour piercing? These weapons are electrical, you know, and tanks are metal... >>

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 05:36
Not sure what you are suggesting. Are you saying that the AP's are too low or too high?

ntin
25-06-2005, 07:33
I think he is saying metal tanks would be grounded or absorb an electrical attack. Then again there are melta weapons, bright lances, and lascannons so electrical attacks seem to work against army.

boogle
25-06-2005, 08:15
i meant ather than linking them, have a Codex Mercs

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 11:49
That would be a fun project too. For now though, doing purely Xenarch allows us to create an entire race, units, background and weapons :)

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 14:28
Agreed with Antaeus, i'd like to focus on Xenarch and get some depth to it.

Btw, please sent me your Emails so I can send you the Doc. file of the new 'dex.

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 14:35
Good stuff, look forward to seeing it. kmchameleon@ntlworld.com

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 14:37
Ok, sent. Please feel free to change what you want to.

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 14:52
Some nice work. Matter of opinion on the Death arc, I prefer the non-template version, but whatever suits. I thought "The plasma blade's well overpowered" before I remembered they were all S3. I like that. Might want a S4 character in there: a glorified Shadowwalker perhaps?

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 14:57
Maybe the Prophetic Zero could be jacked up. He's the "infiltrate / CC" prophet.

I'm still not sure about the Death arcs, I would like to get as many peoples opinion about it before we start to finalize the rules.

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 15:28
I'm not hugely bothered about it. It's just I don't see one of them being able to zap entire squads. But not that many details are given as to how it works.

Bmaxwell
25-06-2005, 16:27
Sorry guys i forgot to tell you that i was going away for a week i just got back and now im sick as a plaguebearer with some thoart crap i'll try to wirte some stuff up but what fluff do u guys need or want right at the moment?

x-esiv-4c send me a pm when you see this

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 16:43
I've just been working on a spot of editing of the background article you posted: it's great stuff, just being picky with the grammar and some of the wording ;)

@x-esiv: Just having a look at the Axiom Cells...looks interesting, what's different about them? Also. not sure 4pts more for +1Ld and -1 Save is really worth it...unless I've missed something about them?

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 17:44
Oh crap, I haven't finished the axiom cell yet....Their entry hadn't been completed yet.

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 17:49
Cool cool. Done a little bit of editing on the whole thing, but it's looking good.

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 17:52
Cool, think we need some more elite and heavy choices?

Throw in as much wargear as possible :)

Antaeus
25-06-2005, 18:30
Oh, we need more everything :) See what my brain can come up with...

What are we missing that would fit with their tech level? A heavy weapons squads? Shadow Reavers already kinda fit that.

Bmaxwell
25-06-2005, 23:26
yea i figured that my grammer isn;t the best thing in the world.

so what do you guys want me to make up I can't do rules well never have been but as you saw with the fluff i made well yea.

Bmaxwell
25-06-2005, 23:45
oh e-mail for got about that

Chaoslordofwar@yahoo.com

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 00:20
It's cool: as long as the basics are there it's fine. And some of your ideas are excellent :)

Not too bothered really, whatever you are inspired to write is cool. Maybe some stuff about who they often fight, social structure, any juicy civil wars..whatever pops into your brain :)

@x-esiv: Emailed you with how I imagine Stalkers looking...

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 03:33
No probs mate, copy on the way.

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 03:35
Ah, recieved a pic from Anteaus for the Stalkers, I like the leg formation, not sure about the carapace, perhaps more angular...Good picture however :)

Bmaxwell
26-06-2005, 10:43
can I get a copy of the pic?

chaoslordofwar@yahoo.com

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 12:35
Pic dispatched. It's a screenshot from Earth 2160: it's just the description of Stalkers reminded me of them. Anyway, I'll get some real work done - possibly another Elites choice of some sort.

Bmaxwell
26-06-2005, 14:00
a few things i noticed in the codex X I personaly thought that all of the Prohpets where way to weak.

im gonna right up some fluff something i was thinking about is that each prophet is a spefic arch a special charcter. but sort of like the empors champ that it has to be taken. aslo i was thinking haveing them be monsterous creautres like a walker 4 legs of course :)

im gonna wirte up some fluff for the units that don't have any fluff.

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 14:33
When I made the prophets I did it with the intention of underpowering them then overpowering them. I hate seein home-made codecii with super characters / units in there for 5 pts. But you see where i'm going with the prophets though, the role of them that is. If you want to jack them up thats fine by me. I wanted their real power to come through in their wargear, thats what will make them.

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 14:38
With the Prophets, the only thing I'd boost, if anything, is their psyker powers - I'd imagine a Space Marine could demolish any of them except a Zero in combat, which is how it should be. Making the Zero S4 (since he's a glorified Shadowwalker rather than a glorified footslogger) could be fun too. Maybe Furious Charge for him and his retinue, so they can charge, cause immense damage then slink back into the shadows?

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 14:39
Ok sounds good, make the revisions in the 'dex. What I mean by wargear is psyker powers too, I should have clarified that...Sorry :)

I'd like to see the Xenarch HQ's take a very active role on the field, makes the game that much more interesting.

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 15:28
Ah, cool. I've done a bit of editing, I'll send you my updated version once I've thought up soem wargear for 'em. Obviously you'll be able to say "That's rubbish" and change stuff back afterwards ;)

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 17:41
Ok cool, look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Bmaxwell
26-06-2005, 19:34
i acuttly had a different impression of prophets you have to rember that each one is a arch masters of techonlogy and have been around god only knows how long. and they have to be housed in some sort of mechnaial things i was thinking they be at least as powerful as a dread

each one rules a entire Xenarch world they are like liveing gods to Xenarch got to get off finish this later

Bmaxwell
27-06-2005, 21:16
Each major Xenarch world has a massive Shrine on it Devoted to Worship of Energy (In fact each shrine is Arch ship that has landed on the world) in these massive city sized shrines most Xenarch though do not live in the shrines even though there is plenty of space. Most Xenarch live in the massive Jungles that seem to spring up on Every Xenarch world. There they live in tribal communities under the guidance of a touched (same as a priest) that guides the tribe and is there spiritual guide. When each Xenarch comes of age the must undertake a “lication” to find their inner soul. Until this time the second part of there mind the more advanced part of their brain does not work at full capacity. There are many versions of the “lication” some find there Inner soul in war other in the middle of a electrical storm when they are hit by lightning. Once Inner soul is found all knowadgle that there father knew and there father so on and so forth ever knew. Once the “Lication” is complete the Xenarch will then go to the Shrine on his or her world or the closest Shrine to him or her and form the local Prophet will tell him the name of his inner soul. The Xenarch will then stay in the shrine for as long as he or she would like.

There are 2 major sects of the Xenarch religion. Most enjoy having a something else to ask for advice. Also it allows Xenarch’s to live by them selves and not go insane because there is a separate entity that they can talk to when they want. But the Xenarch world Toth had a revolt they hated having to share there body with a higher life form. Strange enough most of the Xenarchs on this planet had arch RBL 323. The shrine on Toth was raided by these free thinkers the prophet killed and some how they where able to turn the Shrine back into the Space craft that it was. The Xenarch that continued to Live with the Inner soul where left on the Toth. The Shrine Ship left the system and when the rest of the Xenarchs got there form the Distress beacon that was launched all that remained was a asteroid field. This group of Xenarchs where then called the bare for none of them complete the Lication. Though there inner soul is never awakened it still allows the bare to have some form of civilization and not be the simple beast the Xenarchs would be with out it. Rare attacks have been made on Religious Pilgrimages they seem to have been able to amass a small fleet and build on the Shrine ship make it a complete Battleship though not a threat to the Small Xenarch empire most Aliens and Humans encounter the Bare. They tend to give Xenarchs a bad impression on other Xenos races.

Antaeus
28-06-2005, 14:18
Not many big changes, made it look a bit neater but that was about it. Upped the Plasma blade's cost - it's cool, but I think it's better than what it cost, and it's probably better to have it slightly too expensive than not expensive enough :)

x-esiv-4c
28-06-2005, 14:20
Send me the updated revision when you are done with it and we'll discuss what else we can through in. And I certainly agree that it is better to be too expensive then cheap.

Bmaxwell
29-06-2005, 03:38
what you think about that stuff I posted?

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 03:53
I personally like the fluff, Antaeus any thoughts? What we have to establish is why hasn't the Imperium annihilated the Xenarch if they has such advanced technology and are limited in number, we need to start asking ourselves "why".

boogle
29-06-2005, 03:55
it could be because they are very good at being elusive, and are not yet perceived as a threat

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 04:03
Not a bad thought. Perhaps they poplulate more planets then the Imperium thinks but by their elusive nature have managed to stay in hiding.

boogle
29-06-2005, 08:56
they could come from the halo stars and that is deemed out of bounds to the Imperium, so they could populate there quite safely

Antaeus
29-06-2005, 10:13
True. Or it could be that there simply aren't that many of them, not enough to make a crusade against them worth it. They also don't strike me as particularly aggressive, so they're not a complete menace like the Orks or Traitors.

@Bmaxwell: I'll give your stuff a proper look later on today :)

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 14:40
I like the idea, perhaps their planets are wrought in heavy amounts of heavy radiation making invasion difficult and logistically "not-worth-it"?

Bmaxwell
29-06-2005, 15:56
i think i have a solution to the impuruims proplem hold on

Antaeus
29-06-2005, 21:17
Just read your latest piece of work, Bmaxwell, and I like it. Some very interesting ideas there :)

@x-esiv: Did you get the modified version of the armylist? Time to brainstorm some wargear items I think.

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 21:36
I think I did but I couldn't open it, do you have it in a *.DOC format?

Wargear? Ok, thoughts? This is where I see the Xenarch really come through.

Antaeus
29-06-2005, 21:54
.Documentificated and dispatched :)

Let's see...had a wacko idea with no real reason to back it up..a staff/energy rod that you slam into the ground and throws enemy units backwards. Perhaps works a bit like the Holocaust power...

Energy Rod: Counts as a Power weapon. In the shooting phase the character may drive the Energy Rod into the ground: centre the Ordnance Blast template over the model. Enemy units with a model covered or touched by the template must pass a Toughness test (on Majority Toughness) or count as Pinned next turn). May not assault if this attack is used.

Don't like the name or the wording..but there it is.

Absorption Field: Gives a 5+ invulnerable save. In addition, subtract 2 from the Strength of enemy attacks against the model.

Another odd idea *shrug* Might keep Prophets alive a bit longer.

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 22:08
Got the *.Doc thanks mate, changes are spot on! War gear looks good too. I like the Energy rod. As for the controllers there should be some wargear exclusive to them, wargear that they buy and that effects the stalkers as a collective.

Antaeus
29-06-2005, 22:22
Hmm...

Anatomical Analysis Module (Controller or Eden only)

Enables the Stalkers to analyse the weakest points on a target's anatomy. Stalkers under Controller or Eden's control may re-roll failed To Wound rolls with shooting or close combat attacks

*collects award for Stupidest Equipment Name Ever* :)

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 22:31
Holy crap thats a good idea!

Another idea:

"Weakness Occulus array"
Stalkers are equipped with an array of sensetive occular enhancements. This allows them to analyze armoured targets. The occular array fires out a tiny energy wave that destabilizes select electrons in the target's armour. The stray electrons are slowed down and re-attach themselves to open valencies in surrounding atoms. The occular array detects the time and nuclear forces involved and in doing so understands the material composition of the armour.

In game terms:
Armour values on tanks are treated as being one point lower if attacked by a stalker equipped with an occular array. However, the stalker must remain stationary to use the array because of the precise nature of operation. Array cannot be used if stalker has moved in the movement phase.

Thoughts?

Antaeus
30-06-2005, 00:11
Sweet - an AT sniper module, eh? I like it :) We'll have to think up better names for these things though ;)

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 01:40
Oh certainly, we really need someone to come up with proper names. Are we going to choose "Xenarch" names or Imperial designations?

Antaeus
30-06-2005, 01:48
I'm not fussed either way: maybe a fusion of the two, like:

"Xenarch name" class Light Stalker (Light Stalker being the Imperial part)

For equipment I'd use the Imperial names too. Keeps things simple and understandable.

Latest madness: Arc cannon (working title again)

R36" S6 Ap5 Heavy 1, Arc: The arc beam will score 1 hit, then 'jump' to the nearest model within 6", causing a Strength 7 Ap4 hit - if a vehicle, this will be resolved on the armour location facing the original target. The beam will 'jump' again, causing a S8 Ap3 hit, then S9 Ap2, then S10 Ap1, before having no further effect.

This is complete madness: my original plan allowed it to hit whole infantry units when fired at them, but I couldn't decide a fair way to resolve it: besides, a S6 Ap5 hit each is a bit steep, if a cool image. Got the idea from the Gaussian Beam weapon from Earth 2160, getting more powerful with each hit.

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 01:52
Holy hell! It's like the conversion beam projector!

I think this has a better place in the next Codex i'm thinking of doing: "Failures of mechanicus" ( Chaos ad-mech :) )

One project at a time....

Antaeus
30-06-2005, 02:21
Heh heh. It was just a thought, since we're looking at electrical weaponry.

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 04:28
It's not a bad idea. What about something like a Neutral particle beam? (Prof at the Uni I research has the patent for it )

Antaeus
30-06-2005, 12:48
Don't know anything about that...but it's a nice name. I'm interested.

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 13:22
Well, essentially the beam manages to totally destabilize atoms in a structure and causes the structure to essentially disintegrate, however there are some limitations. Beams energy will be expended it it passes through a medium, so ultimatly the NPB can only fire at targets in a total vacuum, aka space...

Antaeus
30-06-2005, 14:30
Sounds like fun to me. Though not many planets have no atmosphere...this is the 41st Millennium and an alien race though, perhaps they have technology to counter the drawbacks?

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 14:39
Yeah I suppose so. The NPB was originally built for the "STAR-WARS" program. Well, back to thinking about wargear.

As for names, i've been looking at this site: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-tech.php

And especially the "Theotech" generator. See if you can't find anything :)

Antaeus
30-06-2005, 14:56
Heh, that's a cool little site. I'm determined to create something called an 'Avatar Field' now :)

x-esiv-4c
30-06-2005, 15:19
hehehe.

yeah I use the site a lot for RPG's and things of that nature.

Bmaxwell
30-06-2005, 23:23
Knowing full well the risk of having a powerful alien race attacking them (ie ork waaaagh, imperial crusade, tryanid hive fleet) that they have Developed something quite profound using massive power generators and there own psychic powers when ever something considered a threat to appear near there system. The entire solar system is put on a sort of lock down and they start to send out massive electrical emp surges to the vessels that come near them. Also along with the massive emp they send something which makes this the most deadly. A electrical pulse that disrupts bio-electricity. Causing death in anything living. the pulse’s are sent form sattlittles on the out skirts of the systems that Xenarch are in so no danger to them the planets gravity disrupts the pulses enough. Once the pulse is sent out and there is no more danger and the Prophets declare a massive evacuation in case another threat is sent.

how about that as for being a secertive race or you think its to powerful?

x-esiv-4c
01-07-2005, 04:18
Hmm, the electrical pulses might be too powerful. Things like that could frag an entire Tyranid fleet. Perhaps stuns them? Or generates a worm-hole and displaces the craft to another part of the local star-system. Like a "blink disrupter" or something..

Wow, we need someone to come up with names fast :)

Bmaxwell
01-07-2005, 14:59
I was thinking it would stun something as powerful as the hive fleet cause the it's not gonna kill the hole fleet and the brain is still intact so the hive mind could proply just "jump start" the ships again its just desgined to give the Xenarch enough time to get out of there.

besides the only imperial things would either be rouge traders or explotrs teams and the ships can be slavaged just every bodys dead. :)

Antaeus
01-07-2005, 15:10
Upgrade for Prophetic Deep: Guardian Suit (another pathetic name)

Gives Prophetic Deep +2 Strength, +2 Toughness, +2 Wounds. Reduces WS to 1 and BS to 2. Gives a 5+ Invulnerable save.

This could be the way in which they become Dreadnought-like? It's an exo-suit: they already wear heavily armoured suit, then plug into (in soem way)and control this one. Gives players the option of fielding a Deep in either form.

Yes, it's another wacko random idea, though this one's based on something at least. Wish I had a graphics tablet, I could do some sketches of how I imagine this stuff looking...

x-esiv-4c
01-07-2005, 15:13
Thats pretty cool! Add it in! If anything it functions like a protective cocoon. I like the fact that it gives mad bonuses to S, T and W and drops the WS and BS ( plus that invul. save) Good work indeed!

Bmaxwell
01-07-2005, 15:37
have we thought up any psker powers for them yet?

Antaeus
01-07-2005, 15:44
We've got Photon Drain...which actually doesn't do anything at the moment, since units with a model within 12" of a Deep get the Night Fight bonus anyway..maybe change the Deep's rule to 6", or increase Photon Drain's range?

Anyway, I like the idea of more concealment-based powers.

x-esiv-4c
01-07-2005, 17:04
Yeah the photon drain is pretty useless right now, we need more concealment powers. I kind of want to rip-off the "Key" power that the chosen of Arhiman have, very shadowy and fast....

Antaeus
01-07-2005, 18:34
Displacement: Move a Xenarch (non-vehicle) unit within 12" up to 12" in any direction. The unit does not count as moving and may move normally.

Might be a bit much..I liked the idea of the enemy thinking a unit was in one place but it's actually in another. The original unit wasn't real. We's playin' mind games wid ya, misser enemee! *takes pills*

For that to be the case, maybe it can only be used on each unit once? Or even, maybe it's used before turn one takes place? Or something...anyway, another idea. Not many Xenarch infantry are decent CC fighters so I didn't think it'd be too bad...it's a potential 36" charge for Shadowwalkers though...

Bmaxwell
03-07-2005, 22:00
That sounds good to me. But make it so that Walkers count as well

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 04:32
Nice.
Anyone else have ideas for wargear? It's difficult to stay true to the theme of "electrical and shadowy...". It's so damn difficult to visualize what all these guys look like too.

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 13:40
Now I haven't read the whole thread because it's too long and I'm lazy, but...

Psychic power: Chain Lightning: 30pts
A Xenarch psyker can fire a terrifying black blast of warp-lightning which can then channel itself through the target to those around them. A Xenarch fires this power instead of a weapon towards the NEAREST member of the squad it is firing at with the following stats line with which it will ALWAYS hit the model it is firing at:

S:5
AP:5
Rng:18"
Type:Assault 1

Then roll for everyone within 2", on a roll of 3+ they are hit once by a S:4 AP:5 attack.

Psychic power: Fake shadow: 20pts
A Xenarch psyker can create a shadow out of warp power to conceal him and those around him. When using this power, the Xenarch and the entirity of any unit within 6" [even if only one model is within 6" they still get the bonus] get +2 to any cover saves [note: you only get a +1 to 3+ cover saves].

Sound good? :D

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 14:15
Damn, those sound pretty cool! You know, Xenarch psychic powers would really mess a Tyranid up badly!
In fact, any horde army is going to be in trouble :)

Excellent work, anyone see any reason to amend these powers?

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 14:59
Can you please e-mail me the codex so far? I have a couple of ideas for units and would like to see what you've done so far.

jamie@little-cars.co.uk

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 15:08
Done, you should have the latest revision!

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 15:53
Well, I think you should drop the shadow power on the Deep, Xenarch already get +1 to cover saves, another 2+ means 3+, 4+ and 5+ cover saves become 2+ [a roll of 1 always fails].

I think my 'Fake shadow' rule would be a nice substitute, but I think you should change the wording to "This power gives the entirity of every unit even partially within 6" of the Xenarch psyker the concealment power, those units already with concealment change the +1 for cover saves to +2 [note: the +2 does not apply to 3+ cover saves as a roll of 1 always fails]."

I think disruptor rifles should be at least 18" range if not 24" range, and maybe S:6 instead.

Does 'Considered fast' on the Swarm mean it moves 12" in the movement phase or 9" in the movement phase and then 9" in the assault phase?

I don't understand the 'Electric storm' power.

And I don't like how you've given the ICs and all the stalkers mandatory wargear, they should choose what weapon to take, of course, you need more weapons first...

Also, what does 'Symbiotic' mean?

Apart from that, I like it, it's very unique!

Heavy support:
Stalker: Goliath class - 110pts
Armour: 14/13/13
Unit size: 1
Equipment: Armed with 1 underslung weapon from the following list:
-Insert names of some big, hard hitting guns here-

May be armed with 2 sponston mounted weapons from the following list:
-Insert names of smaller, weaker hitting but still decent guns here-

Special rules: Electric storm - roll less than or equal to armour save (i.e. Models in terminator armour (2+ armour save) roll 1 or 2), to signify conductive nature of heavier armour.

Unit must purchase a Controller. The controller will behave like an independent character.

Considered “Symbiotic”

Type [you guys forgot the type, rookies :P ]: Walker/tank.

Elites:
Hunters–20pts/model
WS: 4 BS:0 S:4 T:3 A:2 I:5 W:1 LD:9 SV:5+
WS: 4 BS:0 S:5 T:3 A:3 I:5 W:1 LD:10 SV:5+
Weapons: None
Squad size: 3-10

A single Hunter may be upgraded to a Cutthroat for +15pts.

Special rules: Concealment, Fast and Deadly, Hunter blades, Infiltrate.

Hunter blades: Hunters carry deadly shard blades that can easily tear through most armour. Any armour save that is better than 4+ is reduced to 4+ against any attack made with a Hunter blade.

Wargear:
Whip of a thousand teeth 20pts: Using a long whip adorned with many small blades a Xenarch can wrap the whip round a part of his opponent's body, then quickly pull it back, ripping apart his enemy's flesh. A Xenarch armed with a Whip of a thousand teeth makes one attack before the start of combat in addition to his normal attacks, this attack hits on 2+ regardless of relative weapons skill, and wounds on a 4+ regardless of relative strength and toughness, armour saves are made at -1, invulnerable saves can be taken as normal, cover saves are disregarded by the Whip.

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 15:58
What I see the "Symbotic" meaning is that when the controller purchases upgrades, the walkers will be affected by the upgrades. Like the Occular array. Instead of purchasing upgrade for each walking individually, the controller buys them.

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 16:09
I don't see why stalkers need a controller...

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 17:47
The stalkers are machinations of Xenarch production. With insufficent intelligence to act on their own behalf they become bonded to a Xenarch controller, much like a titan throught the use of an MIU. The controller bonds mentally with the stalkers and they function as a team. ( its a fluff thing ). Also, to see a xenarch surrounded by multi-legged kill-bots as body-guards would be pretty cool.

I also see it as a novel concept. Tau have battlesuits, SM and CSM have dreads...Why not come up with something new.

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 18:50
Um, it appears my computer decided to delete the e-mail you sent me, which is scary and annoying, could you please re-send it?

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 18:58
Ohhhk, copy has been sent!

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 19:07
Ok, turns out the computer is just screwing about, I'll get my dad to find out what's wrong.

I'll try and do some Xenarch drawings, I don't know how to get my pictures on the internet as I'm not going to buy a picture host and I can't find a free one, so I suppose I'll have to e-mail the pictures to you.

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 19:20
Host them on photo-bucket.

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 19:35
Is it free and do you have to be a certain age?

Wargear: Shortout Grenade: 8pts
A shortout grenade is a block-like device with 2 slightly larger ends that flip over so they can stick to the side of a tank using magnets or sticky pads. The grenade then releases a powerful electrical wave that shorts out all electrical workings in the tank sometimes making the engine overheat and explode.

A Xenarch armed with a Shortout Grenade can choose, when in close combat against a vehicle, to make one attack against it using the Shortout Grenade. If this one attack hits then the tank is hit with an attack with a strength of 8+[D6x2], [note: roll one D6 and double the result, do NOT roll 2D6].

x-esiv-4c
04-07-2005, 19:39
I think it's free, age? don't see why there would be a reason...
nice wargear suggestion, please add them into the revision :)

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-07-2005, 20:14
I've added them, along with the other suggestions I've made [but I haven't taken things off the list].

So, how do think the Arc Rifle should look like? Short, long, flat, wide, shiny and plain, mucky and very covered in wires and techno-stuff, round, square? Should it actually have a barrel and not a pice of metal that electricity is shot from?

Edit: Yay! Photobucket!

Bmaxwell
04-07-2005, 23:23
send me a copy of the website when you get the pictures done.

i wonder what my beasties look like in your head lol

x-esiv-4c
05-07-2005, 03:34
Sleak and black, almost a wet texture. I'd rather stay away from the bulkyness. Capacitance banks and things like that will have to merge into the weapon.

Bmaxwell
05-07-2005, 04:41
I have no idea though what the prophets look like,

x-esiv-4c
05-07-2005, 12:31
I suppose they would look similar to the Xenarch troopers but with adornments showing their rank in society, or simply a different geometry in their armour.

Bmaxwell
05-07-2005, 14:15
Well considering that they leave there mortal body and are transfered to a machine of some sort to house them i was thinking they would look nothing like a Xenarch more like a massive walker.

just me though

TheSonOfAbbadon
05-07-2005, 19:25
I think he was talking about the Deeps, as I see it the Deeps are just weaker prophets, correct?

Antaeus
05-07-2005, 20:21
I view the propehets coming in three "levels"

Deeps: Powerful psykers, physically weaker than the others but made up for by their heavy armoured suits.

Edens: Masters of machinery

Zeroes: Faster, more aggressive and stealthier (though Deeps shadow nearby units.

x-esiv-4c
06-07-2005, 04:26
Bingo, Antaeus has it perfectly. That is what I envisioned the prophets to look like. Does anyone have any artistic skills?

Bmaxwell
06-07-2005, 14:32
I wish but i know some people that due proplem is no scanner

Antaeus
06-07-2005, 19:44
One thing about the Deeps: I think the Concealment ability is fine as is, except maybe a reduction to 6" range so that Photon Drain does something. Other than that, I, personally, think they're fine.

One thing I think we should be careful to avoid is creating a unit that's extremely good in hand-to-hand: they should all have a weakness in close combat. Deeps, for example, have a low WS, Shadowwalkers are all rounders, walkers don't have Power weapons of any kind. I think this should be kept going: the Zero should be the best all-round fighter in my opinion. Considering making the Guardian suit reduce the Deep's attacks to 1 but give it Monstrous...would this work?

x-esiv-4c
06-07-2005, 19:47
Sounds like it would work like a charm to me! Also the reduction of the concealment ability is a good idea.

TheSonOfAbbadon
06-07-2005, 19:52
Maybe we should remove the +2 to cover saves from that rule and say Photon Drain increases the range of the power to 12"? And on controllers it only has a range of 6"?

Antaeus
06-07-2005, 19:55
I like the +2 to Cover saves: it's a massive boost, but in game terms it's to make up for their general Toughness of 2. Also means their points can go up a bit: which is good, as I don't see the Xenarch as a swarm army, but one that are very hard to see and hit: hence the emphasis on concealment, cover, etc.

x-esiv-4c
06-07-2005, 19:58
I agree there, it's not a horde army, it should be an army that is very easily broken in the hands on an inexperienced player, sort of like the DE. Deadly when used correctly.

Bmaxwell
07-07-2005, 01:47
Hey i jsut realized we have no Special chacrecters should we have any?

x-esiv-4c
07-07-2005, 03:01
Huh...Didn't think of developing any...Guess we need to come up with a few huh? I'd like to see characters that people would actually field.

Bmaxwell
07-07-2005, 14:11
yea i know what you mean i have some work i have to do today but when i get back i'll wirte up a few SC's

Antaeus
07-07-2005, 20:54
Could be fun, though I don't think it's a big priority: I'll be concentrating on expanding the wargear section - I think we're alright for unit types for the moment. I'll get to work updating my copy of the current Codex.

x-esiv-4c
07-07-2005, 21:25
Thanks muchly Antaeus. I'll be working on some wargear ideas now that I have more time.

Bmaxwell
09-07-2005, 23:54
after looking at the stories and art i think it would be great if we had a short story to go with this what do you guys think?

i would wirte it but i'll be out of town till 2 mondays form now

x-esiv-4c
10-07-2005, 04:03
I'll see if I can have a crack at it tomorrow.

Antaeus
10-07-2005, 11:09
Right, units-wise we have...

HQ
Prophetic Deep: Psyker, slow but tough support unit
Prophetic Eden: Useful for controlling Stalkers...maybe we should give them some upgrades that Controllers can't get to make them a valid choice?
Prophetic Zero: Infiltrator, nasty close-combat character but not that tough

Elite
Shadowwalkers: Fairly tough infiltrators, good with shooting and passable in close combat

Troops
Infantry Cell: The majority unit, weedy but good cover and armour saves and decent weaponry
Shadow Reavers: Pretty decent anti tank and armoured infantry unit, weedy
Axioms: Extra special weapons, but weedy

Fast Attack
Swarm: Decent, but suicidal anti-tank unit
'Needle' Stalker: Light, Hit-and-Run, good for taking table quarters and attacking light infantry.

Heavy Support
'Scythe' Stalker: Good against the enemy's heaviest units

Could do with some more units in every category, really. Heavy Support is usually fun to work with..though I don't think we want to be creating anything Land Raider-like, since they're more of a raiding force.

Bmaxwell
10-07-2005, 13:31
make some sort of walking tank? mabye that would work

Crux
10-07-2005, 21:07
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone could send me a copy of the 'dex, I'd love to take a look at it.

My mail is Gammata@Gmail.com

Antaeus
10-07-2005, 21:20
Dispatched, sire (hopefully)

Crux
10-07-2005, 21:29
Yeah, I recived it... but I can't open it :cries:

Anyone have a good old fashioned .doc/.txt version of it?

TheSonOfAbbadon
11-07-2005, 20:45
On the discussion of walking tanks and Heavy Support, did NO ONE see my idea for a Goliath class stalker?

Antaeus
11-07-2005, 22:05
I saw it...I'm not keen on something that big and slow for the Xenarch, I view them primarily as a light raiding force.

x-esiv-4c
11-07-2005, 23:07
I'm siding with Antaeus on this one, lets try to keep it to a light-raiding force. Like Dark Eldar but not 'en mass'.

Hoshi No Koe
12-07-2005, 03:01
Looks like this thread as picked up nicely.
Would someone mind to summarize what you've been coming up with fluffwise and ruleswise for the Xenarch?
I'm really interested, but 20pages is a bit too much to read. Maybe make a new thread with everything you've come up so far?

x-esiv-4c
12-07-2005, 03:04
Ok Hoshi give me or Antaeus your email and we will throw you the Codex so far. As for fluff I think that is still somewhere in the deciding phase. Any input you have would be really appriciated! Thanks for taking an interest!

Hoshi No Koe
12-07-2005, 11:18
That's why I'm interested to see what concepts you've all got so far. Another raiding list seems very interesting.
What are you going for concerning gameplay? Assaulty, shooty, heavy infantry, light infantry?

I'm sending you my E-mail adres.

x-esiv-4c
12-07-2005, 12:55
The Xenarch list is focused primarily on infantry, in which a trooper choice is sectored into "Cells", ( 3 to be exact ). There are different troop choices for the cells. This enhances the flexibility of the simple troop choice. What we envision is small, numerous units working to a degree of independence from the rest.

We also want to make more use of wargear, as you will see in the codex, the "Prophets" play a key roll in battle and we are coming up with wargear that will really make them shine.

Bmaxwell
15-07-2005, 00:49
have we seen any of the skecths that guy said he would make?

x-esiv-4c
15-07-2005, 04:10
Crap. Got your message Bmaxwell, i've been so damn busy with job that I haven't put any time into anything Xenarch related :(

Will have ample time this weekend though!

Antaeus
16-07-2005, 20:08
People should now have .txt copies of the Codex (assuming emails haven't been eaten by Net Dragons).

Now, funky wargear time. Should we change Edens slightly so that they're better at controlling than Controllers in some way? At the moment there doesn't seem to be much special about them, or a reason to take them over a Deep or Zero.

x-esiv-4c
16-07-2005, 22:25
Yeah, for Eden I was thinking that he should have wargear that advances his powers over regular controls, else-wise why would anyone take him? Perhaps his wargear would augment the Stalkers to a greater degree.

TheSonOfAbbadon
16-07-2005, 22:58
have we seen any of the skecths that guy said he would make?

What me? I tried, and, well, I never really imagined them as star trek lizard people with guns, but that's how it turned out.

I gave up the sketch after I drew the legs and an arm.

AcolyteLouxman
17-07-2005, 11:01
Hi, could someone send me a txt copy of what youve got so far, ive been following the topic and be interested to see what you got in its entirety.

my mail is mongeese@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

AL

Bmaxwell
18-07-2005, 02:41
yea i know what you mean

x-esiv-4c
18-07-2005, 03:12
Trying to get my hands on a scanner, then I can perhaps post a concept I drew up.

Bmaxwell
18-07-2005, 19:44
awsome

is there any fluff you guys want me to wirte up? its been a while

Bmaxwell
22-07-2005, 18:00
is this dead?

x-esiv-4c
22-07-2005, 20:58
Nah it's alive man, just slow.
I have bucket loads of engineering work to do and my free time is pretty rare :(

Bmaxwell
23-07-2005, 04:30
ah yea i know what you mean but with being a sutdent summers open and nothing to do.

Im going to a boy scout jamboree but will have internet access just send me a pm and i'll try to update on all of the stuff in warseer

x-esiv-4c
23-07-2005, 04:58
roger that, will do.

I'll have some time this weekend to do some work on it...I hope :)

Antaeus
23-07-2005, 09:45
I'm still here too: up to my nose in theatrical commitments at the moment. Get some ideas for stuff up asap.

TheSonOfAbbadon
23-07-2005, 09:47
I'm still here.

I've just started my summer holidays [woo 6 weeks!] so I might draw some sketches.

Bmaxwell
23-07-2005, 18:17
Does anybody rember the fluff i worte up for the bare? the xenarch that don't complete the lictation so there arch part of there soul isn't actived but is still there?

mabye we could do a littel bit about them they would proply not have that much tech but be very fast raiders useing small skimmers taht can aslo funcation as light aircraft so they can raid on a world form orbit and then leave just as fast as they came sort of like the shoot the name of the craft world thast has nothing but jetbikes. what do you gusy think of that a tank thats lands deploys the troops then acts as air support

x-esiv-4c
24-07-2005, 05:09
I like the idea a lot! Kind of like a VTOL craft or something. A skimmer of sorts or would it use the flighter rules? Say one of the craft could carry one Cell of Xenarch. Maybe they could be bought in squadrons, for example 3 VTOLs carrying a Cell each? I really like the idea it certainly adds into the Xenarch fluff.

In the 'morrow i'm going to do some work on the codex, I finally have some spare time.

Redskull
24-07-2005, 15:50
Send me a .TxT copy of the dex at mjolkurskegg@hotmail.com please

Antaeus
24-07-2005, 16:38
I like this idea a lot, very unique. Maybe make the transport squadron take up a Heavy Support choice in addition to the Cell taking up a Troops choice?

Good thinking, people, I likes it.

x-esiv-4c
24-07-2005, 18:01
a joint occupation on the FOC chart? Now that is indeed a nice idea! Heh, this 'dex is looking better and better.

boogle
24-07-2005, 18:51
can you send me the preliminary list please, please send to: dorianblack2003@yahoo.co.uk, thanks

Antaeus
24-07-2005, 21:49
I feel like a bloody secretary :p Dispatched to Cap'n boogle.

x-esiv-4c
03-08-2005, 15:31
Codex Xenarch is not dead yet! Just give me some time and we'll have a nice re-do with loads of shiny new units and war-gear!

Bmaxwell
03-08-2005, 21:11
gonna be gone till monday but if you want me to while im away i can work on some stuff for fluff for the xenarch

Pradaking
04-08-2005, 08:58
hey, don't mean to be nosey.. but can i get a d/l of fluff and a codex for these guys? i'm very intrigued.

x-esiv-4c
04-08-2005, 15:21
Send me your email Pradaking and i'll throw you a copy. Any input you have would be greatly appriciated! Thanks for the interest.

Jim_skarrj
05-08-2005, 04:45
hey guys im new here, used to hang at Warpshadow, but its getting boring :p..

this sounds like a VERY cool codex.. i really like the Cell idea and complexity of it all ... sounds good... love to see it all finished..

im working on my own codex : Marraliths .... i hope to get a preview up soon.

Jim_Skarrj.

x-esiv-4c
08-08-2005, 15:09
Sounds good! look forward to seeing your codex.

warlordgrubnatz
08-08-2005, 17:04
okay ive scanned the dex and it looks cool. I suggest we (i would like to get involved) start on version 2.0 soon.
here are my ideas/thoughts:
we need more wargear!
prehaps a squad leader for xenarch. somethhing like:
xenarch [insert name]
ws:3 bs:3 s:3 t:2 w:1 i:2 a:2 ld:8 sv: 4+
weApons: close combat weapon, charge pistol
one xenerarch may be upgraded to a [insert name} at +10-12 pts.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-08-2005, 17:07
No! NO! NO! You do NOT give characters mandatory wargear!