PDA

View Full Version : Deciding between orks or Daemons.

Andy140491
17-11-2014, 15:44
With the nerfs from 7th affecting daemons the way they did are they still playable outside spamming the flying circus? I really like the models like plague beasts and flies, and the chariots and greater daemons

I love the idea of orks too.. I just don't know if I'd find them boring or not. How has the mob rule affected them?

I really can't decide between the two armies :( any input would be appreciated

TheBearminator
17-11-2014, 16:06
Mob rule is one of the most hated parts in the new codex. It used to be awesome, cause you could only win from it. Now it can instead cause bonus wounds for your opponent before your troops run away. I haven't got back to playing my orks yet, so I can't give you a review of the new book, but some parts I really love. For example their new semi-fleet (ere we go). Brilliant compromise and very much in character with the army.

And as for your question, I've never heard anyone saying they find playing orks boring. Painting them maybe (if you go green tide or if you're gonna brush paint an army with 42 trukks and buggies). But playing orks is great fun! :)

Andy140491
17-11-2014, 16:38
I've watched a few reports for orks and daemons. The mob rule I think seems worse on paper then in practice. They still seem quite strong. For less then 100 points your warboss can pump out 5 str 10 attacks with ap 2. Seems pretty good to me :)

I just love the idea of really hard nasty greater daemons. But they aren't actually that resilient from what I hear??

Samus
18-11-2014, 04:16
if you have both money to spend and time on your hands and the creativity to match.....orks is for you. if not go daemons.

Scammel
18-11-2014, 07:46
A: I'm not sure how Daemons were nerfed by 7th at all - sure, you have to land before assaulting these days and there's a specific anti-Daemon lore, but this is more than made up for by the psychic phase and Malefic Daemonology. Daemons are competitively sound.

B: Mob Rule is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. Re-rolls are cheap and the pseudo-Fearless is well worth a Boy or two every so often.

gwarsh41
18-11-2014, 15:07
Daemons are still a more than viable army. Are you going to be playing in top tier tournaments? Yes? Then play eldar or bike spam or something. Are you going to be playing locally, in friendly games and just average play? Then yes, daemons are still a super freaking powerhouse.

Right now you can make almost any daemon list, add belakor, and do well. If you want to win, bring that dude. If you don't want to bring him, daemons are still a very powerful army. Between flesh hounds, screamers, nettes, plaguebearers, heralds and greater daemons, you have plenty to work with. Oh yeah, and soul grinders, have fun murdering everything!

FMC and psychic powers got slapped in the mouth, as did screamer star. However a herald with grimoire chilling out with 7+screamers is still stupid awesome. Roll daemonology or divination. Mobile summoning, or mobile buffs, a ++3 re-rolling 1s is still very nasty.

TheBearminator
18-11-2014, 15:40
One thing to consider is what type of army you wanna play. I'd guess deamons are maybe the best cc orientated force in the game currently. Orks can build very cc themed armies as well, but these days they've got so much else going one.

Soss
18-11-2014, 16:18
I would say that it would be harder to win with Orks than Daemons. I play Orks and I think the first 5 games with the new codex I lost, they take a bit more getting used to to win with them. Now I have played some with my Orks I am now finding out what works and how to win with them.