PDA

View Full Version : Should Games Workshop make Books 1 buy only ?

cornonthecob
19-11-2014, 20:00
As the fiascoes over The End times fantasy books and the Shield Of Baal continues I've realized what a big part of the problem is.

It's scalpers.

Too often have I seen 'Oh well I bought 2 so here's one for 2.5 times the basic price' on various forums and ebay. This is, to put it bluntly, ********. It harms the hobby and is purely motivated by greed. My answer to this is rather simple, create a 'buy one copy only' system for campaign books etc. I feel that while this may potentially stymie some sales it would aid in the morale for the player base.

tristessa
19-11-2014, 21:10
Totally against scalping! But what if you want to buy one for you and your mates, or get a few copies for a gaming group? Not everyone is a scalper!

Schmapdi
19-11-2014, 21:14
I'd agree with both - 1 is kinda harsh, but a limit of 2-3 would be a good thing and help limit the Ebay vultures.

Lord Damocles
19-11-2014, 21:37
*creates multiple accounts*

*Buys multiple copies*

ColShaw
19-11-2014, 21:51
I think it's solving the wrong problem.

There's no good reason to make the books "limited edition" except to jack up the cost. High per-unit cost and limited quantity is a reseller's dream. If GW kept their prices more reasonable, and more importantly, didn't artificially limit the supply, this problem would not exist.

shelfunit.
19-11-2014, 22:06
But what if you want to buy one for you and your mates, or get a few copies for a gaming group? Not everyone is a scalper!

Well, unless it's a present or something, surely they could buy them themselves? Perhaps GW should utilize the GCN (if it still exists) and allow registered clubs to buy multiples of some items.

Reinholt
19-11-2014, 22:11
The core problem is the one-off purchase window. At the bare minimum, there should be .epub (or equivalent) versions available always. Of course, that increases supply, which will lower price, and GW doesn't understand revenues don't just equal price, but equal price times quantity, so this will not happen.

The punch line is one-off sales are going to become a long-term problem for GW, where either they vanish and go unsupported and unused by the community down the road, or if you support them but don't reprint, you will fracture the game as people all play with different sets of things allowed.

draccan
19-11-2014, 22:18
GW is creating superficial supply and demand. They want their products to be hyped and sought for and this create a rush. They don't care about scalpers; they encourage it.

rmeister0
19-11-2014, 22:34
GW is creating superficial supply and demand. They want their products to be hyped and sought for and this create a rush. They don't care about scalpers; they encourage it.

I don't know if they encourage, because that would require them to care. A sale to a scalper is still a sale, and a sale to a retailer is still a sale. They don't care who buys them as long as the print run sells out and they aren't stuck holding inventory.

Voss
19-11-2014, 22:55
As the fiascoes over The End times fantasy books and the Shield Of Baal continues I've realized what a big part of the problem is.

It's scalpers.

Nope. I find it pretty contemptible behavior (and foolish on the buyer's part), but the only problem is GW choosing to print too few copies.

MiyamatoMusashi
19-11-2014, 23:28

It's scalpers.

Too often have I seen 'Oh well I bought 2 so here's one for 2.5 times the basic price' on various forums and ebay. This is, to put it bluntly, ********. It harms the hobby and is purely motivated by greed. My answer to this is rather simple, create a 'buy one copy only' system for campaign books etc. I feel that while this may potentially stymie some sales it would aid in the morale for the player base.

Or they could just... y'know... not make everything limited. Wouldn't that "aid morale in the player base"? Sadly, that's not GW's objective.

stroller
20-11-2014, 00:12
What Miyamato said.

On the other hand, capitalism....

ObiWayneKenobi
20-11-2014, 14:41
Honestly I find the fact they don't have on-demand e-book versions to be the bigger issue. I'm more a fan of a physical copy than something on a tablet, but it would limit the amount of scalping. If it was a PDF or similar it would be universal; yes it would be pirated but let's face it, their epubs are pirated anyways and available online, them offering one for sale won't affect that market.

They are doing it artificially to keep up the ruse that their products are some luxury item that you need to buy right now before it's gone forever.

dral
20-11-2014, 15:02
Or they could just... y'know... not make everything limited. Wouldn't that "aid morale in the player base"? Sadly, that's not GW's objective.

But they can't maintain stock of so many lines. They appear to trying rationalise costs associated with holding and retailing stock.

It'd be nice if they could get closer to the immediate demand, but predicting the future is really hard. Ferrari assess demand for a car, then produce one less than the number of customers. It's a good model that help maintain profit.

tristessa
20-11-2014, 15:15
Great!

Can you give me the link to the Glotkin ebook then please?

I cant find it.

I'm currently reading it on my iPad.

Herzlos
20-11-2014, 15:33

That's odd; I don't see it in the app store or the BL site. Where can the rest of us buy it?

tristessa
20-11-2014, 15:40
It's on the iBooks store along with pretty much every GW release of the last few years.

AndrewGPaul
20-11-2014, 16:00
At least on the iPhone version of the website, searching for "Glottkin" throws up "Warhammer: Glottkin (Interactive Edition) as the second result.

dral
20-11-2014, 16:14
It's on the iBooks store along with pretty much every GW release of the last few years.

But it's not available in ebook format, it's apple only.

dral
20-11-2014, 16:15
i didn't really need to say that twice... sorry.

tristessa
20-11-2014, 16:17
Two bites of the apple!

I use ebook to describe a book that's in digital form.

I think it sucks that it's not out there for everyone, but it is out there and the iBook version looks amazing. Having grown up in an age of PC and console exclusives that were actually exclusive, the fact that I can't get some stuff on certain platforms isn't much a problem. It's just how it was and is...

Nogginthenog
20-11-2014, 16:53

So I need to buy a £500 iPad to sit alongside my current tablet to buy it , is what you are saying?

What was it I quoted from you earlier? Ah yes "Still, lets not let the truth get in the way "

There is no ebook version. There is an ibook version.

HelloKitty
20-11-2014, 16:57
Well - i bought my ipad mini for $250 brand new ;) so no you don't need a 500 pound / $750 ipad to read the book. Though yeah you will need the ipad or an i-reader to view it currently. I bought my ipad mini for the purpose of not having to worry about this restricted release shenanigans anymore.

Scammel
20-11-2014, 17:37
No, because it's a dumb idea to stop people from buying however much they damn well like of a luxury product.

ObiWayneKenobi
20-11-2014, 17:48
No, because it's a dumb idea to stop people from buying however much they damn well like of a luxury product.

If only GW products were actually luxury products. But they really aren't - GW saying they are luxury products doesn't make them such.

Scammel
20-11-2014, 18:00
If only GW products were actually luxury products. But they really aren't - GW saying they are luxury products doesn't make them such.

I hope you're just being obnoxious. You must be an acutely entitled customer if you think GW products are a necessity.

Scaryscarymushroom
20-11-2014, 19:51
I hope you're just being obnoxious. You must be an acutely entitled customer if you think GW products are a necessity.

If that's your measure of what makes something a luxury item, then a $250 eee laptop running Windows XP is a luxury item. After all, you don't *need* one. That can't be right.

There needs to be some degree of superior quality for something to be a luxury, imo.

Scammel
20-11-2014, 20:10
Heaven forbid GW products might ever be associated with another word that has positive connotations. Perhaps we could try not dragging this OT and actually responding to a point? Why is it not

a dumb idea to stop people from buying however much they damn well like of a luxury product?

Scaryscarymushroom
20-11-2014, 20:20
Personally, I agree with you on that scammel.

As it stands, I can't fault them for selling as much as they want to scalpers or anyone else. At least, when it comes to limited edition codicies.

The same mentality can be used to say that - not only should GW not limit scalpers from buying - gw should do away with the entire limited edition model altogether, and make enough products for everyone who might want one. Now, plenty of companies engage in price segmentation and if consumers want to fool themselves into thinking that there's some sort of prestige in an alternate book cover, it's the consumer's prerogative. They can play the limited edition game, that's fine.

But for actual game expansions and things like space hulk, I think GW is exercising poor business judgment by artificially constricting supply. But it's GW's right to be dumb, just like it's my right to vote with my wallet. ;)

Scammel
20-11-2014, 21:08
But it's GW's right to be dumb, just like it's my right to vote with my wallet. ;)

The best and only sensible stance to take.

Scammel
21-11-2014, 10:21
Tristessa is 100% correct. Glottkin is available as an e-book. Anyone disputing this is wrong and is probably doing so deliberately in order to cause a fuss.

MiyamatoMusashi
21-11-2014, 10:25
To recap the discussion for you - poster A says product X isn't available in ebook format. I say it is. Poster B says where. I tell them where to find it in ibook format.

It's the same old story, isn't it?

Tristessa is 100% correct. Glottkin is available as an e-book. Anyone disputing this is wrong and is probably doing so deliberately in order to cause a fuss.

OK, great, let me just download it for my Kindle ebook reader and...

...oh.

tristessa
21-11-2014, 10:34
OK, great, let me just download it for my Kindle ebook reader and...

...oh.

It's not available for the ebook reader that Ángela Ruiz Robles patented back in 1949 either. That was going to run on compressed air according to wikipedia!

Wikipedia also defines an e-book as An electronic book (variously: e-book, eBook, e-Book, ebook, digital book, or even e-edition) is a book-length publication in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on computers or other electronic devices.

If you bought a betamax player back in the day you wouldn't be able to play VHS tapes. It's just how it is. You release the end times books for kindle and you'd lose all the new artwork which GW might fairly say is part of the package.

shelfunit.
21-11-2014, 10:53
Nice to see the personal attack faction are up and running. Hi guys!

Nice to see the misquotes - or in this case the clipped quotes are up and running. Sadly seeing exactly what MM is on about now.

tristessa
21-11-2014, 11:06
Do you really want to get into this? How exactly did you think someone would take your quote in full? I merely found the last half of it to be the part that twists the knife so to speak. If you don't want to be misconstrued you should perhaps consider what you're saying.

Certain posters here like to pick a fight. Speaking of clipped quotes, its amusing that people miss the times when I say stuff like:
I think it sucks that it's not out there for everyone, but it is out there...

Either way what did it add to the discussion on ebooks?

Cheers! Appreciate you saying so, but watch out for the people who will disagree for the sake of it.

Herzlos
21-11-2014, 11:27
It's not available for the ebook reader that Ángela Ruiz Robles patented back in 1949 either. That was going to run on compressed air according to wikipedia!

Indeed; but more relevantly it's not available on the main ebook platforms (Kobo, Kindle), or even the most popular mobile platform (Android), or in any interoperable format (mobi, pub, pdf). It's available on Apple, Inc. devices, and that's it.

So I've got 3 PCs, a Kobo, a Kindle, and Android phone and Android tablet, and a shelf full of paper books. What are my options for getting this supplement without buying a used book on eBay for way over the RRP?

So whilst it's true that it's available in an e-format, it's not as available as you are trying to imply, being that it's not available to the majority of customers.

Do you really think that's an acceptable position, or are you defending GW here because you sell GW products and have an iPad?

tristessa
21-11-2014, 11:30
What are my options for getting this supplement without buying a used book on eBay for way over the RRP?

Softback release is up for pre-order tonight. Or you could partition one of the pc hard drives and run a second hackintosh boot drive to use iBooks...

The underlying tension seems to come from people being upset that their device doesn't have the product. I do get that but I guess I'm a lot more easy about it all. My PC doesn't run the latest games for instance. Oh well, life goes on.

However, the most important thing to take is that the softback releases are going up for sale soon.

Herzlos
21-11-2014, 11:43
Softback release being up for sale* soon solves it (assuming they can keep it in stock). If only they were announced before this discussion started.

Not being able to play PC games isn't a big deal; they are stand-alone and you can play something else. Not being able to get an expansion for a multi-player social game, because you don't have the right phone is a lot harder to swallow.

*£35 for a softback supplement? Ouch. Still, it's available.

tristessa
21-11-2014, 11:52
Softback release being up for sale* soon solves it (assuming they can keep it in stock). If only they were announced before this discussion started.

Not being able to play PC games isn't a big deal; they are stand-alone and you can play something else. Not being able to get an expansion for a multi-player social game, because you don't have the right phone is a lot harder to swallow.

*£35 for a softback supplement? Ouch. Still, it's available.

If you thought it was bad waiting for the release then you would have had great fun playing Rogue Trader where half the books that had the latest rules in were out of print for the last couple of years of that game.

£35 isn't bad IMO - they are big books of content!

And I agree - not playing PC games isn't a big deal for me. But not playing End Times might not be a big deal for other people...

Herzlos
21-11-2014, 11:59
Bigger than the Infinity rule book for instance, which is also £35? Maybe I'm just jaded by the GW codex's of the last few years and being a bit harsh on them. I've no particular interest in the ET stuff but suffer sticker shock from a £35 softback.

tristessa
21-11-2014, 12:02
Bigger than the Infinity rule book for instance, which is also £35? Maybe I'm just jaded by the GW codex's of the last few years and being a bit harsh on them. I've no particular interest in the ET stuff but suffer sticker shock from a £35 softback.

Well it's two books so £17.50 a book make it sound much better?

Herzlos
21-11-2014, 12:17
Yup; Didn't realise it was both of them. But then it's not actually been announced yet so we're working on rumours (you'll presumably have information you can't disclose yet though and that's fair enough).

ObiWayneKenobi
21-11-2014, 15:32
To be fair, I was under the impression they made the epubs limited as well, so I will admit I was wrong on that. As someone with an iPad their limited edition stuff doesn't affect me if the epubs are available all the time (not that I would buy them, but if I did)

Konovalev
21-11-2014, 16:31
Indeed; but more relevantly it's not available on the main ebook platforms (Kobo, Kindle), or even the most popular mobile platform (Android), or in any interoperable format (mobi, pub, pdf). It's available on Apple, Inc. devices, and that's it.

So I've got 3 PCs, a Kobo, a Kindle, and Android phone and Android tablet, and a shelf full of paper books. What are my options for getting this supplement without buying a used book on eBay for way over the RRP?

So whilst it's true that it's available in an e-format, it's not as available as you are trying to imply, being that it's not available to the majority of customers.

Can you provide your source that the majority of customers do not have an apple device? Because I get the feeling that the goalposts are being moved here simply for the sake of being argumentative. We might also point out that I cannot seem to find the Space Marine codex(or any codex) in either Mandarin or Hindi despite these being the most spoken languages in the entire world. Perhaps GW's market research Astronomican department have scryed that they stand to gain more from one demographic than another, and so are targeting one group before/rather than another?

GW could put their "limited edition" books on print-on-demand like Black Library in grey scale. Then the color versions would still in fact be limited (so the nitpickers can't whine about false advertising), and the books would still available as needed after the initial run.

To fill my GW General quota: If BL's print on demand is any indication though, this idea wouldn't work because nearly every book printed on demand would be missing pages or print.

aprilmanha
21-11-2014, 16:38
Can you provide your source that the majority of customers do not have an apple device? Because I get the feeling that the goalposts are being moved here simply for the sake of being argumentative.

I think it would be a unlikely to claim that the majority of GW customers DO have an Apple Device, if only for that fact that Apple does not enjoy market dominance. (Its close, but they are still lower than Android at 43%)

Konovalev
21-11-2014, 16:47
I think it would be a unlikely to claim that the majority of GW customers DO have an Apple Device, if only for that fact that Apple does not enjoy market dominance. (Its close, but they are still lower than Android at 43%)

Oh I'm not, that's why I'm asking for some numbers here. And while Apple does not enjoy market dominance when considering the entire market, what is their saturation in the demographic of "people who purchase games workshop products"? They might not have dominance their either, or maybe they do, it would be interesting to know.

aprilmanha
21-11-2014, 16:54
Oh I'm not, that's why I'm asking for some numbers here. And while Apple does not enjoy market dominance when considering the entire market, what is their saturation in the demographic of "people who purchase games workshop products"? They might not have dominance their either, or maybe they do, it would be interesting to know.
True, numbers are always interesting.
Going from experience only though I would say its lower than 43% though, I know only 2-3 people in the local game group with Apple devices out of about 25 people.
And only one buys digital GW products.

Still, making your expensive products only available to people with more expensive products does drastically limit your customer pool.

It does help foster the image that GWS is only for the special elite though, which as a collectible hobby is what you want.
Nothing special about something that any lowly people can own to :D

Herzlos
21-11-2014, 17:08
As far as I'm aware there's no statistics on how many GW customer have apple products, but as above, Apple devices are only 43% of the market. It's maybe skewed a bit by Developing countries who are more likely to have Android, but the majority of phone users aren't Apple, and in my experience it's the less technically minded that have iPhones, which tends not to be the people who play wargames.

There is research that iDevice users spend more on Apps than Android, and that iDevices are easier to develop books for (in general), but it's still missing a lot of the market.

Konovalev
21-11-2014, 19:55
There is research that iDevice users spend more on Apps than Android

Makes sense. They've already likely paid vastly more for their device than an Android user, so it stands to reason they'd be open to paying more for a digital product as well. Maybe GW is assuming a correlation between owning an apple product and having more money/willingness to spend on hobbies?

Scaryscarymushroom
21-11-2014, 20:13
Makes sense. They've already likely paid vastly more for their device than an Android user, so it stands to reason they'd be open to paying more for a digital product as well. Maybe GW is assuming a correlation between owning an apple product and having more money/willingness to spend on hobbies?

Perhaps, but it seems like a 'chicken and egg' problem. Does GW put apps on the app store because it makes more money - or does it make more money because some companies only put apps on the app store? Could be that apps in the app store just have higher prices or less free alternatives, too.

BFalcon
21-11-2014, 20:23
They do via iBooks (queue nonsense posts about Apple). They also have a good selection via the BL website.

Still, lets not let the truth get in the way of bashing GW.

Not everyone likes Apple though - their whole concept of charging more for a product that's already been around for ages, throwing their legal weight around (to the point where any round-cornered, square-cased electronic item was apparently falling foul of their patent, which was ridiculous, since such things existed long before the i-pod) and other antics (I still cringe when I hear a non-Apple MP3 player referred to as a "i-pod", since I was using them for years before Apple came into that scene) have left many preferring other brands. I know I prefer products that have direct competition over the mini-monopoly that is iOS (eg once you have a library of i-books, you're hardly going to swap to another product, while mobi users, such as a Kindle user, can swap to another brand).

You do need to acknowledge that GW seems very keen on favouring the iOS products - a fact that I feel is due to the iOS's demographic of being willing to pay more for an otherwise identical product, so sales are likely higher.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see the legal court cases if HP brought out a new iPaq tablet, a product that was around long before the i-Pad and a tradename that was derived from their buyout of Compaq. You just know that Apple would try it.

aprilmanha
21-11-2014, 21:08
You do need to acknowledge that GW seems very keen on favouring the iOS products - a fact that I feel is due to the iOS's demographic of being willing to pay more for an otherwise identical product, so sales are likely higher.
As mentioned in other related threads, I would be willing to put money on the reason for IOS support being because it is harder to pirate then Android.
No other reason.

MusingWarboss
22-11-2014, 00:45
Interesting, this thread has developed from an "Damn GW for making limited edition things" to "Grr Apple vs Google" debate. Obviously tensions run high on these issues, but man there's some odd bias' being thrown about. It really doesn't matter what your preference in digital phone or reading device is, you have money, you choose to spend it how you wish. I doubt anyone buying GW products can't afford a top-end Apple or Google device they're all ludicrously expensive - if you're willing to drop £/$ 100's on GW Limited Edition stuff then its a moot point, only your personal preferences (or bias) prevents you.

So onto the no-doubt thorny topics of...

There's no survey I know of on telephone preferences of GW customers. Apple only makes iOS devices, tons of companies worldwide use Android, if Apple still have a 43% share then they're doing much better than you may expect (I'm surprised its that high, whats Windows Phones share? Tizen? any others?).

If you're looking at iOS device only (ignoring the Shuffle and Nano) and I'm using GBP here as that's my currency, obviously other regions have differences and Im using basic spec on each, then you can pick up an iPod Touch for £159. Yes, Touches support iBooks now (http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT5557). You don't need an iPad unless you want a bigger screen. A brand new iPhone is £319, an iPad Mini is £199. The iPad Air is £319.

Yeah, you're going to say "Oh but Android stuff is so much cheaper". Well, yes, older Android stuff is. Newer stuff thats contemporary to the current iOS devices isn't. If you're fine with old then pick up a 3GS for £70 on eBay or wherever, have a look for an iPad 2, if you're only using it to read books. Basic Spec again (you can always spend more to get a better version) a Moto G (2nd Gen) comes in at £150, Moto X is £400, Samsung Galaxy S5 £529 (was £579 according to their website), Samsung Tablets from £159-£479 depending on screen size. You could get a Huawei Ascend Y550 for £109 if you want.

We could go on but I'm not going to - the price is almost irrelevant these days - go to any McDonalds, you'll see tons of kids aged from 5-15 and they'll have iOS and Android devices, none of them they've brought themselves I expect. Tablets and music players people tend to buy as a one off - phones here in the UK most seem to buy on contract and subsidise the cost over 12-24 months. You can get a Samsung S5 or iPhone 6 dirt cheap if you're willing to face higher phone contract prices.

Can we lay the price thing to bed now, especially as we're in a "hobby" where GW expect people to pony up £740 on a Glottkin army, £100 for an LE book and £200 for a collection of small codexes. And yes, as this threads existence suggests, people are buying this stuff and miffed that they can't buy it at those bloody awful prices!!

It's maybe skewed a bit by Developing countries who are more likely to have Android, but the majority of phone users aren't Apple, and in my experience it's the less technically minded that have iPhones, which tends not to be the people who play wargames.

There is research that iDevice users spend more on Apps than Android, and that iDevices are easier to develop books for (in general), but it's still missing a lot of the market.

Developing countries do use a lot of Android because Google give it away for free practically to manufacturers. Apple stuff still sells out there too though, to those with more cash as it does everywhere else. The underlined bit: I'm sure that is your experience but in mine, business tech support staff prefer them as users are less likely to mess them up because they can be locked down - hence a lot of business and schools handing out work iPhones/Pads. Androids open approach means people can open and install dubious apps easily - even with no technical experience - which causes problems. No mobile operating system is "for the techies", they're all designed to work without the user fighting the system into obedience. You're confusing open-architecture and choices with technical expertise. I can see how those who like to tinker could be drawn to such a system but equally, those are the guys who would pride themselves on jailbreaking an iPhone and installing a load of non-authorised software. Given your example then Windows must be for the tech guys and Google's other baby, ChromeOS, for the technophobic because... more options?

Plus again, "less technically minded people", what like kids? Who love their iOS devices, technology and Warhammers equally?? Lets not be patronising to people over their personal choices here. Apple is seen as a fashion brand, Android isn't. It's a choice, not an ability thing. If you don't like their choice, fine, but it's their choice, not yours.

Not everyone likes Apple though - their whole concept of charging more for a product that's already been around for ages, throwing their legal weight around (to the point where any round-cornered, square-cased electronic item was apparently falling foul of their patent, which was ridiculous, since such things existed long before the i-pod) and other antics (I still cringe when I hear a non-Apple MP3 player referred to as a "i-pod", since I was using them for years before Apple came into that scene) have left many preferring other brands. I know I prefer products that have direct competition over the mini-monopoly that is iOS (eg once you have a library of i-books, you're hardly going to swap to another product, while mobi users, such as a Kindle user, can swap to another brand).

Personally, I'd LOVE to see the legal court cases if HP brought out a new iPaq tablet, a product that was around long before the i-Pad and a tradename that was derived from their buyout of Compaq. You just know that Apple would try it.

Sounds like GW. Everyone copies everyone else to some degree. Do you have the same allergic reaction to all the other brand names that have become commonplace to represent the products they made? Doe it anger you when someone says Hoover instead of vacuum cleaner? Tannoy instead of public-address system? Q-Tip instead of cotton bud?

Amazon do try to lock people into their brand, Microsoft do this, Sony do this and yes, Google, does this by hooking you into its ecosystem. You'd be foolish to think otherwise. The Kindle is MOBI compatible but that's not the preferred format for it by Amazon, when you download a book from Amazon its in AZW and AZW3 (aka KF8), which is copy-protected. Its compatible with MOBI being based on it but it is proprietary to Amazon. You can't load ePub without converting. Lets not pretend Amazon is saintly here. Also, out of interest to you, iBooks will load ePub and PDF books just fine.

Apple probably wouldn't sue HP on that as they're starting to move away from the "i" moniker (as its so easily copied). Hence Apple TV and Apple Watch​ which has far greater protection. Also they lost badly when trying to tackle ITV in the UK and I believe Ipad (sic) in China. They've never tackled Iriver.

As mentioned in other related threads, I would be willing to put money on the reason for IOS support being because it is harder to pirate then Android.
No other reason.

This last one is the most accurate, not because its harder to pirate (all digital files can be pirated) but because it takes active effort to jailbreak the device so an interactive iBook can be loaded. Most people don't bother. Android has no such restriction and you can throw stuff onto it and it'll work (providing your manufacturer has allowed the codecs or not blocked it themselves *cough* Amazon Fire *cough*).

GW has chosen the most interactive format and on a platform they assume to be the least likely to be abused. Nothing more sinister than that.

Sorry for the text-overload but really the amount of anti-Apple venom being spewed is ridiculous. I get it, you don't like them. Don't buy their kit then. It's unfortunate that GW have gone with that option but they have.

philbrad2
22-11-2014, 09:37
Lets keep this thread on topic and keep the sniping out of the informed discussion. First and last warning.

PhilB
WarSeer =I=
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)