PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite race to fight?

WarsmithGarathor94
20-11-2014, 21:34
So as the title says what is your favorite race to fight?
For me its Wood Elves with my Dark Elves luckily the fantasy campaign im in has 3 wood elves players

SteveW
20-11-2014, 21:38
With my Bretonnians it's Chaos legions.

WarsmithGarathor94
20-11-2014, 21:55
With my Bretonnians it's Chaos legions.
I havent had the pleasure of fighting chaos legioms with my elves yet

N00B
20-11-2014, 22:49
Skaven. You can kill so much and never run out of things to kill. Also they have monsters tough enough that it feels like an achievement to take one down.

zunjinto
20-11-2014, 23:23
I always enjoy fighting empire with my beastmen

Ludaman
21-11-2014, 01:53
Dark Elves with my Bretonnians, I love that match up, a hail of armor piercing bolts thinning out your Knights before they get close enough to engage, and the satisfaction of wiping an entire unit of elves off the board with a trebuchet's direct hit... Good times

Kakapo42
21-11-2014, 02:18
Beastmen. My two favourite factions are Wood Elves and Bretonnians, in that order, so it's a classic match-up.

Lord Dan
21-11-2014, 02:59
Caucasians.

Unless you're talking about Warhammer, in which case it's Orcs.

SimaoSegunda
21-11-2014, 06:14
Anybody who isn't dwarfs.

Wesser
21-11-2014, 06:53
High Elves

My nemesis plays those and we always have good scrap... and it feels good to have one of them go down.

Also even if I lose I can usually curtail the defeat a little.. " Guess my Vampire will go raise some more skeletons. What's your plan for shoring p numbers? Oh, a 200-year plan? Very nice..."

Skaven is just entertaining

Spiney Norman
21-11-2014, 07:15
I wouldn't say I have a favourite army to fight, I've had great games against all the factions, it's the attitude of you and the person you are playing that really makes the game IMO. May best opponent is mostly a high elf player so I guess that would be my favourite army to face.

CountUlrich
21-11-2014, 08:22
Any non elven player. I despise elves and their bent ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scammel
21-11-2014, 10:02
Warriors. There's the initial sphincter-clenching pressure of facing an army so beastly in CC, then there's the unparalleled joy and smug satisfaction of out-manoeuvring their M4 backside.

Leogun_91
21-11-2014, 10:29
Elves are fun to meet, they use varied tactics and they have nothing that you can't deal with.
I also look forward to losing my first game against darkelfs some day since they are the only warhammer army I haven't lost against.*

*One on one, I have lost to their side when they have been part of an allied force.

Oogie boogie boss
21-11-2014, 10:36
I always enjoy playing Empire and Lizardmen in particular. Empire have so many options and ways they can play, it's always different. Plus with my SO there's always plenty of carnage on both sides. With Lizardmen, it's as much down to the mate of mine who plays them. Always a close game, and again always has lots of carnage.

Armies I enjoy playing least are probably Dwarves, simply because of the possibility of a gunline. And WoC because they're a bit 'point and click'. Still have fun games against them though.

Alltaken
21-11-2014, 11:13
Vamps
Gods for the words of gods

Ograr
21-11-2014, 11:49
High Elves

My nemesis plays those and we always have good scrap... and it feels good to have one of them go down.

Also even if I lose I can usually curtail the defeat a little.. " Guess my Vampire will go raise some more skeletons. What's your plan for shoring p numbers? Oh, a 200-year plan? Very nice..."

Skaven is just entertaining
The guy I most often play with (in fact, 5000pt Legions vs 5000pt High Elves) is also plays High Elves.
I hate their pansy asses, with their rerolls and their White Lions and their Mind Razor on 50 Spearmen. But no matter, whenever I lose, be it with Warriors, but especially Daemons and Skaven, I can always say "Our numbers are limitless, we can bring this force back in a week while your damn race is doomed. DOOOOOMED!"
It's what helps me sleep at nigh, he always wins :-(

Malagor
21-11-2014, 11:53
Orcs hands down.
The players that play them are often nice people and relaxed and the army itself is just right in the power level where they are tough but not broken.

snyggejygge
21-11-2014, 11:59
Greenskins, lizardmen is quite fun as well when they leave the frog home

Askari
21-11-2014, 17:55
Any Elves.

I drink in honour of every single pointy-eared freak I kill in a battle, and as I play Empire and Vampire Counts, my losses don't mean nearly as much.

For funsies, Orcs and Goblins for sure, when I also played Skaven - O&G vs Skaven is a hilarious matchup.

Tyranno1
21-11-2014, 19:12
Empire.
I play Beastmen so I like seeing a wolf hunt sheep.

Oogie boogie boss
22-11-2014, 10:53
Or when playing a Middenheim army it's the sheep hunting the wolves......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alltaken
22-11-2014, 13:03
Or it would be Men in wolfskin hunting wolf in manskin

Jind_Singh
22-11-2014, 16:51
When using my Greenskins it's:

Greenskins
Empire
Dwarfs

My arch enemies!!!

Falandris
22-11-2014, 19:08
Orcs hands down.
The players that play them are often nice people and relaxed and the army itself is just right in the power level where they are tough but not broken.

So much this!

Ramius4
23-11-2014, 03:25
I wouldn't say I have a favourite army to fight, I've had great games against all the factions, it's the attitude of you and the person you are playing that really makes the game IMO.

I completely agree.

That being said, there are a few matchups that naturally lend themselves to fun games. Elf on elf battles always seem to be a bloodbath for both sides, which is awesome. I also find using Bretonnians vs. Skaven or Wood Elves to be an awesome challenge. Or Dwarfs vs. Orcs (I tend to play close combat oriented Dwarfs). Empire vs. Vampires is another matchup I love.

But then as Spiney said, a huge part of that is due to the great group of guys I game with.