PDA

View Full Version : Annnd It's Gone

SuperHappyTime
21-11-2014, 19:42
Haha South Park reference.

But seriously hardback Khaine is gone?

kylek2235
21-11-2014, 19:54
I think I said 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was way off. Only took slightly longer than 35 minutes. Cards are still available in the US though. Pretty crazy

Lord Hurin
21-11-2014, 19:56
For Canadians, it took roughly 25 minutes. By the time I thought to get a second one*, it was gone.

*Trade bait for those who can still find hardcover Nagash somewhere.

doomspittle
21-11-2014, 19:58
Gw should have limited it to one book per address, angry, oh well probs sell the other two books now.

kylek2235
21-11-2014, 19:59
For Canadians, it took roughly 25 minutes. By the time I thought to get a second one*, it was gone.

*Trade bait for those who can still find hardcover Nagash somewhere.

There was either still a Glotkin or a Nagash (think it was Nagash) hardback at the store in Baton Rouge last time I checked a couple of weeks ago. Worth a call if you're looking.

http://www.littlewars.com/

Niezck
21-11-2014, 20:00
Gw should have limited it to one book per address, angry, oh well probs sell the other two books now.

The most you can select to order is 2, so they at least did that. Still crazy though. IF trend holds I'd expect a softback in a few weeks time at least.

Juicy21
21-11-2014, 20:04
omg i didnt look for 30 min refreshed the page and everything is gone! ffs

doomspittle
21-11-2014, 20:05
Bet half of them books will be up on ebay for a ridiculous price. Gw baffle me sometimes.

HelloKitty
21-11-2014, 20:07
Gurantee they will. When glottkin released there were a bunch on ebay that day.

Typo
21-11-2014, 20:15
It's annoying, as I popped onto the site when I got in from work - saw that they weren't up yet, went to the bog, came back and they were there but sold out.
Foiled by a biological function :(

forthegloryofkazadekrund
21-11-2014, 20:25
Gurantee they will. When glottkin released there were a bunch on ebay that day.

At crazy prices, I saw the first 2 sets (Nagash and Glottkin) incl postage go for £240, pure madness

EDIT - Shield of Baal is going for £112 on Evilbay, lol

rotface
21-11-2014, 20:25
Pure fluke but I refreshed the website when looking at gw.co.UK and saw the khaine updates. Instantly bought the limited edition! Now I have to convince my wife it was worth 100 pounds! Got magic cards too. Very happy. But I hate the fact that in ten mins dedicated collectors can miss out!

Juicy21
21-11-2014, 20:28
damn this is so anoying! i really wanted to get al those limiteds. Love to collect them but damn 390 dollar for the glottkin limited edition on ebay is just crazy!!!! glad i have atleast that one and the nagash 1. Cant stand it that i failed to be on time for this release!

doomspittle
21-11-2014, 20:31
Imagine how much money Gw are letting slip through their fingers, baffling.

austen powers
21-11-2014, 20:34
The outpost has reported that the softbacks are out in a few weeks

Shadeseraph
21-11-2014, 20:43
In Spain, it went out of order about 11 minutes after coming online.

BorderKing
21-11-2014, 20:44

The softback for the Nagash and Glottkin are already up on the site to buy.

DeathGlam
21-11-2014, 20:51

For End Times: Khaine?

Thorin
21-11-2014, 20:52
I'm glad I got to "reserve" one at my FLGS in Germany. Last time, they got 8 Nagash books instead of 4 books and 4 Nagash models, the Glottkin books were all sold out within a week and I could only get one by reserving it as well. I hope he even gets any Khaine books.

SuperHappyTime
21-11-2014, 21:30
For End Times: Khaine?

Yes.

And they're sold out already too. ;)

TheRiverTrollKing
21-11-2014, 21:33
I just got out of school, checked GW, and saw that they were all gone. If they release a Dwarf ET book, I'm going to constantly refresh the site until its out.

Leogun_91
21-11-2014, 21:43
I sat refreshing the gw site every five minutes (and once or twice between) for about two hours while GMing my group (luckily doesn't need much focus to update a website). Once it went online I told them that there was something I had to do, panic clicked and ordered it (which meant I accidentally ordered the bundle with Curse of Khaine) and after all the info was sent and it was on it's way I looked on the site and it was marked as sold out. Checking the clock that was 4 minutes, I couldn't believe it went that fast but I'm happy I was prepared for the event, I were forced to buy Glottkin from Ebay (luckily for "only" the limited edition price if counting postage rather than far above that which some bids have gone to) and tried my best not to do so again. I'm lucky I got it and I know it. I just hope GW makes far more for next ET release.

On a side note, anyone interested in buying a mint condition Curse of Khaine book?

rotface
21-11-2014, 21:48
Update ... My dear wife is pissed that I just spent one hundred pounds on a pair of books .... I'm in the dog house again.

SuperHappyTime
21-11-2014, 21:49
I sat refreshing the gw site every five minutes (and once or twice between) for about two hours while GMing my group (luckily doesn't need much focus to update a website). Once it went online I told them that there was something I had to do, panic clicked and ordered it (which meant I accidentally ordered the bundle with Curse of Khaine) and after all the info was sent and it was on it's way I looked on the site and it was marked as sold out. Checking the clock that was 4 minutes, I couldn't believe it went that fast but I'm happy I was prepared for the event, I were forced to buy Glottkin from Ebay (luckily for "only" the limited edition price if counting postage rather than far above that which some bids have gone to) and tried my best not to do so again. I'm lucky I got it and I know it. I just hope GW makes far more for next ET release.

On a side note, anyone interested in buying a mint condition Curse of Khaine book?

You still may have gotten a bargain. I don't want to, but I may have to settle for a digital version.

Also there are more people viewing Fantasy General Discussion than the 40K version

rotface
21-11-2014, 21:51
Fantasy is popular again in my area, flexible armies is a good move. Now to look at de and we to join my high elves .... Good times, or maybe I should wait for the books!

Leogun_91
21-11-2014, 22:04
You still may have gotten a bargain. I don't want to, but I may have to settle for a digital version.

Also there are more people viewing Fantasy General Discussion than the 40K versionGlottkin was a good price but not a bargain, I've seen other bids end at that and many fall fairly close.
Buying the bundle rather than just ET:Khaine, that is a bargain compared to having to go Ebay, cheaper and I get a hardback GavT book as a bonus.

SuperHappyTime
21-11-2014, 22:16
Fantasy is popular again in my area, flexible armies is a good move. Now to look at de and we to join my high elves .... Good times, or maybe I should wait for the books!

I think there is supposed to be three different armies in the book

Rawdogg15
21-11-2014, 22:20
First copy of Khaine already up on eBay. Can't understand how this is allowed to happen. Also can't understand how GW haven't planned better for it based on what happened with Nagash and Glottkin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SuperHappyTime
21-11-2014, 22:42
First copy of Khaine already up on eBay. Can't understand how this is allowed to happen. Also can't understand how GW haven't planned better for it based on what happened with Nagash and Glottkin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its been I think a month since Glottkin, but they didn't have enough time to tell their publisher they would need more. Thus, they didn't print enough. And then they didn't print enough of the paperback either.

Urgat
21-11-2014, 22:45
I think I said 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was way off. Only took slightly longer than 35 minutes. Cards are still available in the US though. Pretty crazy

It took less than FIVE minutes for the french version to go out. I check the website, nothing, I check again 5 minutes later, it's there, I order, "not available anymore". I'm so gutted.

Alltaken
21-11-2014, 22:50
I think there is supposed to be three different armies in the book
Could it be that there is no 3 elf pastiche army posible, but 3 límited mixes?

forthegloryofkazadekrund
21-11-2014, 23:23
First auction is at £54 with 9 days left and there was a BIN for £115 which has now gone /shakeshead

SuperHappyTime
21-11-2014, 23:58
Could it be that there is no 3 elf pastiche army posible, but 3 límited mixes?

Rumors (or Rumours) of an Avatar of Khaine list, a United tri-elves list, and then some unspoiled list. I remember rumors of Lizardmen in the elf book but that may have been bunk.

Alltaken
22-11-2014, 00:02
Yeah, I remember the lists, the question is mire or less what is the configuration for malekith and the remnant of elves

Seriqolm
22-11-2014, 01:12
All i've got to say is *********** RIDICULOUS i was logged in at 7:20 with the book in my basket and when i went to pay it told me it was no longer available. I went to a concert got back and bought the cards that were only available to 1 per customer, so why wasn't the *********** books?

Collector
22-11-2014, 01:25
In your cart doesn't mean you own it, it is like a voucher you can pay for it and own it or when you get to check out and hold a piece of paper if there no item then all you got is that piece of paper.

Seriqolm
22-11-2014, 01:41
In your cart doesn't mean you own it, it is like a voucher you can pay for it and own it or when you get to check out and hold a piece of paper if there no item then all you got is that piece of paper.

I put it in my cart went to pay it said it wasn't available, so the point is? that it sold out in less than 10 minutes of being put up for sale at 2 per customer but the cards at one per customer are still for sale at 01:34 am. I'm pissed off that there will be be 100+ copies available on Ebay this Saturday, just like the Glottkin book. I just bought another pack of cards though I'm only allowed to by one pack at a time...... so there's ya problem.

TheRiverTrollKing
22-11-2014, 01:48
The main problem is that there are people who buy as many copies of the books as they can to sell them on Ebay. Its the same with magic cards.

Seriqolm
22-11-2014, 02:04
The main problem is that there are people who buy as many copies of the books as they can to sell them on Ebay. Its the same with magic cards.

I just said that.

Collector
22-11-2014, 02:26
Well if anyone is from canada and wants a copy of the skaven one I can buy it and send you one if you pay the shippin. I have it set up for direct email and got 2 within 30 seconds of them being on site.

Lord Dan
22-11-2014, 05:12
Wow. Sold out in 30 minutes? I'm surprised GW's site didn't crash.

Update ... My dear wife is pissed that I just spent one hundred pounds on a pair of books .... I'm in the dog house again.

Well, to be fair, she probably knew that it's basically one book... ;)

giant stegadon
22-11-2014, 05:19

Hahahahaha this made me really laugh. Thanks. One non-Ebay tip: I don't know if I should give away my secret, but after all the stores in my area ran out of Glottkin I started calling other states & a guy was willing to mail one to me. I'm not sure if this would work in Europe & UK since I understand you guys don't have as many FLGS.

wyvirn
22-11-2014, 05:19
I can't seem to find the softback versions of Nagash and Glotkin.

SuperHappyTime
22-11-2014, 06:34
I can't seem to find the softback versions of Nagash and Glotkin.

They're gone too.

Hoping this isn't going to translate over to hit store sales. I didn't get a chance to preorder the book, so I'm relying on the LGS. They got two of Nagash and two of Glottkin. I picked up the last of the two Nagash today, and have been the only Glottkin buyer so far. And yes, I will be purchasing and opening a Khaine book if I get the chance.

Jind_Singh
22-11-2014, 06:34
so lame...

11am the site updates that the books are for sale (BC, Canada)

Store manager orders a copy - right away
Store employee orders a copy - 2 minutes after

SOLD OUT!

Should have seen the look on everyone's faces as in around 5 minutes the books were all gone - like my dreams of getting book 3!

It's bloody ridiculous.

What miffed me more - the magic cards are limited to 1 per person.

Why the Hugh Heffner were books 2 per person? Stupid

winkypinky
22-11-2014, 08:41
Fun fact: The youtube promotional video aired a few minutes AFTER ET:Khaine sold out.

The Underdog
22-11-2014, 09:30
The one that amuses me is that I got a lovely email from GW telling me the book was available but when I followed the link it was already gone. This selling out is getting to an insane level and GW really need to up their game. I'm just glad I've taken to purchasing evouchers at my local store and sitting and hitting refresh on a Friday evening at around preorder time. It's the only way I managed to get a copy :)

Spiney Norman
22-11-2014, 10:01
They're gone too.

Hoping this isn't going to translate over to hit store sales. I didn't get a chance to preorder the book, so I'm relying on the LGS. They got two of Nagash and two of Glottkin. I picked up the last of the two Nagash today, and have been the only Glottkin buyer so far. And yes, I will be purchasing and opening a Khaine book if I get the chance.

I've had a Fb message from my LGS this morning saying GW has emailed them to say they are getting an allocation of the book, but no magic cards this time, which is good for me as I am top of the preorder list.

Urgat
22-11-2014, 10:59
Yay! Rouen's GW store had a single one left available!
Safe this time it seems.

Soundwave
22-11-2014, 11:43
This is ridiculous! !! No one even knows what the bloody hell is in these books and BAM they are gone in minutes! !!
This sort of stuff is the just unbelievable. It's like a really effective Hollywood block buster of sorts but in a book, so so crazy.
I ordered mine but wow just wow now I am so nervous about missing any of them.
Funny story though I was able to order the Nagash hard back release just one week before Glotkin came out, one of the last 10 copies. The fever took a little longer down here in Australia but not now. Khaine was there at 7 am and gone when I last checked at 4 pm.

Alltaken
22-11-2014, 12:49
Well the obvious thing is gw will print more softcovers. So be patient guys. All things smell of furious patch softcover reprint. If it would have been China there would be copies left.