PDA

View Full Version : Which marauder aircraft?

silverstone08
23-11-2014, 14:41
Hello all
I have the opportunity to purchase either of the two imperial marauder aircraft. I have already got three avengers and thunderbolt thus aircraft are something i familiar with but am unsure as to which of these two aircraft i should purchase. I feel on the one hand the bomber has its bigger bomb load and some direct ground attack capability (las cannon forward turret) whereas the destroyer has much better direct ground attack capability but not as great bombing so im stuck as to which is overall better.
So the question.
Given the two aircrafts abilities and rules which is best as a single one off aircraft for general gaming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HelloKitty
23-11-2014, 14:59
they are both situational. Both are good at certain things - I dont think there is a general one being better than the other.

Beppo1234
23-11-2014, 16:36
turrets are cooler!

MajorWesJanson
23-11-2014, 20:49
turrets are cooler!

Marauder bomber is better anti-infantry with 2 bomb racks and a pair of heavy bolter turrets, while the las turret in the nose can plink away at armor. Most recent rules are in Warzone Pandorax.
Marauder Destroyer is better anti-tank/flier with 3 TL autocannons instead of the TL lascannon, and the assault cannon in the tail in place of one of the heavy bolter turrets. Only one bomb rack though. No clue where the most recent rules for it are. I don't think it has been brought into line with the newest GW rules for the Marauder Bomber.

Bob Arctor
24-11-2014, 21:17
Hello all
I have the opportunity to purchase either of the two imperial marauder aircraft. I have already got three avengers and thunderbolt thus aircraft are something i familiar with but am unsure as to which of these two aircraft i should purchase. I feel on the one hand the bomber has its bigger bomb load and some direct ground attack capability (las cannon forward turret) whereas the destroyer has much better direct ground attack capability but not as great bombing so im stuck as to which is overall better.
So the question.
Given the two aircrafts abilities and rules which is best as a single one off aircraft for general gaming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I'd prefer the Marauder Destroyer because the idea of 6 autocannons is pretty awesome, but in your case with the flyers you have already I think it does a bit too much of the same. For that reason I'd go with the regular Marauder to add some diversity to your flyer options rather than just another one that pumps out loads of mid-strength shots.

AndrewGPaul
24-11-2014, 21:49
Personally, I'd go for the Destroyer, because the idea of a strategic bomber making a run over the battle at ten metres off the ground looks a little odd in my mind, but buy the one you like the look of more. ;)

ehlijen
24-11-2014, 23:04
Look at their tail sections and pick the one you prefer (classic cross or H-tail). Rules will change and for something that expensive, I reckon one should always pick the most aesthetically pleasing option, it's less likely to change next edition.