PDA

View Full Version : returning tyranid player needs some help

mikesorenson
25-11-2014, 04:02
Like the title says, coming back but I have some questions. Which edition is it on (I'm guessing 7th) and which boxes have the mini rulebook in it? Where can I find the rules for Toxicrene/Maleceptor? I got wd 41 and 42, but my store didn't have 40 anymore. To do a Tyranid army, is the current codex all I need, plus wd 40-42? Thanks for your help!

R.D.
25-11-2014, 04:16
Like the title says, coming back but I have some questions. Which edition is it on (I'm guessing 7th) and which boxes have the mini rulebook in it? Where can I find the rules for Toxicrene/Maleceptor? I got wd 41 and 42, but my store didn't have 40 anymore. To do a Tyranid army, is the current codex all I need, plus wd 40-42? Thanks for your help!

If you want rules for the new Tyranid stuff, you can just go here legally instead of WD:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/free-to-download.html

dblaz3r
25-11-2014, 04:47
Also if you want a mini rule book there will be one coming in the Seige of Baal boxed set which goes up for preorder on Friday. Pop over to the news and rumour threads if you haven't already checked out it's contents. Otherwise you can buy the hard cover mini rule book or buy Dark Vengeance to get the only other soft cover mini rule book.

mikesorenson
25-11-2014, 15:49
Thanks guys!

druchii
25-11-2014, 18:12
There is also an individual mini-rulebook available for purchase.

The Codex contains all the rules for units, except for the new units, those can be found in the White Dwarfs OR the Shield of Baal campaign book (it also contains flyer ace upgrades you can buy for your units and new formations (essentially new "units" that have special rules and restrictions-like a unit of gargoyles with a flying tyrant attached...)).

d

powser
25-11-2014, 23:39
Wow good timing.

Returning Tyranid player looking for a rulebook three days before an army box with Tyranids and rulebook is released.
Make sure you snap one up, as the last lot sold out really quickly.