PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT
26-11-2014, 15:15
Hi just wondering If people might help with some suggestions, I love all the big lizardmen dinosaur models but not sure if I actually wanna do a lizardmen army can anyone think of other armies that could get away with using them as counts as or does anyone already use them in other armies as counts as???

dalezzz
26-11-2014, 15:22
Dark elves have hydras and khar... Khry.... That other thing , so maybe them?

TheRiverTrollKing
26-11-2014, 15:26
Ogre Kingdoms tend to have the big monsters, so I'm sure you could get away by using LM models with them.
Warriors of Chaos. *same as above*
And Dark Elves. They already have cold ones. You could say that they captured the monsters on a recent journey to Lustria.

Iron_Lord
26-11-2014, 15:27
Chaos is another "big monster" faction - Stegodons as warshrines might work.

Lord Dan
26-11-2014, 16:37
Ogres and Beastmen could work, too.

Left Foot
26-11-2014, 16:44
Im glad this is about dinosaurs as I thought this would be another thread attacking GW, I'm relieved, well done OP! Oh and go with the Orges, their Thundertusk and Stonehorn models are great too!

dalezzz
26-11-2014, 17:26
Ogres and Beastmen could work, too.

Good shout here , ungors = skinks , gors= saurus , minotaurs = kroxigors , monsters = whatever you feel like :)

Ograr
26-11-2014, 18:19
Chaos is another "big monster" faction - Stegodons as warshrines might work.
The thought of a Chaos Stegadon makes me very happy indeed!

N00B
26-11-2014, 18:23
Hmm. There are other options as well.

Woodelves might work with Kroxigor as Treekin and Dinosaurs as treemen.

I think that Stegadons are on chariot base size so they will make a nice addition to a chariot heavy force as well. Visually I dont think Dinos work in the place of flying monsters (which makes me think WoC is less good as an option - although are Bastiladons on Skullcrusher sized bases?)).

ShruikhanTK
27-11-2014, 03:43
For me the dinos is all it took. Trust me the Lizardmen monsters are much more fun than any of the others, why?.....because we can bring ALOT of them. Something is getting thunderstomped thats for sure.

Ramius4
27-11-2014, 03:52
Dark elves have hydras and khar... Khry.... That other thing , so maybe them?

Funny. My friend could never remember the correct pronunciation when it came out. He decided to call it Carl, and still does to this day.

fastcarfreak
27-11-2014, 06:28
Funny. My friend could never remember the correct pronunciation when it came out. He decided to call it Carl, and still does to this day.

I think most people just call it K-beast

Darnok
27-11-2014, 06:56
Warriors of Chaos might be worth a second thought too.

The Carnosaur/Troglodon is suitable as most of the monstrous mounts available for heroes/lords (and/or Maggoth Lord counts-as), and could also be used as Slaughterbrute. Or give it suitable wings and use it as a (hellishly $-expensive) Chimera!

Both Bastiladon and Stegadon are a great start for a Warshrine. Either of them could also be used for a Mutalith - just use the (converted) arcane machinery for the vortex part. The Gorebeast Chariot is another way to use them.

Kroxigors could work as Dragon Ogres, Trolls, Chaos Ogres or even Blightkings.

Terradons/Ripperdactyls could be used as a start for either Daemonic Mounts or for a Tzeentch lord/scorcerer as "disk".

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT
27-11-2014, 07:37
All great ideas thanks alot everyone, there also the fact that if i like the models that much should prob just do lizardmen as for me I wanna choose armies based off models mainly

Left Foot
27-11-2014, 10:08
That IS the best logic here. I'm painting a lot of Lizardmen with my brother and they are great models.

Shakkara
27-11-2014, 11:56
Hi just wondering If people might help with some suggestions, I love all the big lizardmen dinosaur models but not sure if I actually wanna do a lizardmen army can anyone think of other armies that could get away with using them as counts as or does anyone already use them in other armies as counts as???

Get the Bastiladon.
From ebay or a bits site, buy the cauldron part of the cauldron of blood and the two witch elves with spears.
Replace the prism of light / serpent thingie on the Bastiladon's back with the cauldron.
Mount the witch elves on it or behind it as handlers.
Awesome centerpiece ftw!

Master on Pegasus -> Cold One Knight on Terradon
Cold One Chariot -> Stegadon with dark elf crew on it
Hydra/Kharibdyss -> Carnosaur

If you fill up the rest of your army with corsairs wrapped in dinohides and cold one knights, I'd be totally fine with it.

Mudkip
27-11-2014, 14:50
You can use either the Storm of Magic or Monstrous Arcanum rules to field some monsters from the Lizardmen book, I forget which ones but they include the Stegadon in the SoM book IIRC. It also includes a flimsy in-game pretext for randomly putting a dino in your army in the form of "Scrolls of Binding". It might not be tournament legal in most cases but it should be fine for casual games.