PDA

View Full Version : Converting to get a Tyrannocyte and Muculoid out of one box?

TheKingInYellow
29-11-2014, 14:33
So has anyone tried to get both models out of one box? Mine just arrived today and it looks like the only shared component is the tentacles on the base, if you could replace those or model a conversion somehow that didn't require the tentacles, you'd easily get both from one box.

I have some ideas but I'm curious if anyone has done this already.

R.D.
29-11-2014, 19:15
I just did that--using the tentacles from the Venomthrope/Zoanthrope box I got. Turned out pretty good. Otherwise you can just green stuff some tens.

Asi the Red
29-11-2014, 19:50
I'm hoping to see someone convert one up with some scythe legs from Carnifex arms...

3eland
29-11-2014, 20:27
You could also hit ebay and buy the tentacles separately. That's what I do with kits that can make two things minus 1 or 2 pieces.

Or do what R.D. did (if you buy the Zoa/Venom kit) and use the Tentacles there.

TheKingInYellow
29-11-2014, 20:51
I just did that--using the tentacles from the Venomthrope/Zoanthrope box I got. Turned out pretty good. Otherwise you can just green stuff some tens.

Any pictures? Is it actually sitting on the venomthrope tentacles, or did you put a flying stand on it?

Zaonite
29-11-2014, 21:14
All you need is a bit of brass rod to mount the spore head on and then sculpt new tentacles using Putty/clay (I used Super Sculpey). I also did one using Toxicrene tentacles.

R.D.
29-11-2014, 23:38
Any pictures? Is it actually sitting on the venomthrope tentacles, or did you put a flying stand on it?

It's standing on the venonthrope tentacles yes, though I had to clip some spikes and put them in a specific way. Putting a random bit on the base keeps it stable.

ReveredChaplainDrake
01-12-2014, 19:42
The way I'm thinking of doing it is to just assemble the Tyrannocyte as a Sporocyst (but with the Tyrannocyte top part to identify that it is, in fact, the good pod) and use the tentacles on the Mucolid. Partially because the Tyrannocyte is waaaaaay toooooo taaaaaaall to store in any other way. (Too bad I didn't think to measure my first one when I built it... :cries:) It also makes the Tyrannocyte look like it got embedded in the ground after its orbital drop. Unfortunately, you now can't shoot under it like you could with the tentacles lifting it up. It can hide assault units, but to hide assault units, you'd actually have to field assault units...

thanoson
09-12-2014, 01:03
Simple thing to make the tentacles. Go to a craft store and buy some plastic plants. The stems have wires in them and are poseable. Plus, they are really cheap and you can get a bunch.