PDA

View Full Version : Best Mark for Bestigor?

Sam Spade
30-11-2014, 09:55
A LGS near me has a few boxes of Khronegor and I am wondering if Mark of Khrone is a good option for bestigor now? It seem to me Mark of Nurgle might be the way to go. Any suggestions?

GrinningB@est
30-11-2014, 13:38
Khorne is an excellent mark for Bestigor. Nurgle's good too though, so it comes down to play style and personal preference.

For example, my preferred mark on them is naked.

But the most important thing to remember is- do you like it? It's a hobby, have fun.

GrinningB@est
30-11-2014, 13:44
Nurgle is really good, but Khorne is too, so it comes down to personal preference (and whether you like the models!)

Alltaken
01-12-2014, 12:59
Well khorne gets better the less models you have so cost/out put is better. I would go nurgle for bestigor for some melee survivability and the fact it applies to all hits they recieve.

Really I like slanesh markings on beastmen, solves all your physcology issues.

Malagor
01-12-2014, 13:04
So does Khorne :p.
But slaanesh is cheaper.

Metacarpi
01-12-2014, 13:09
There's a simple rhyme to help with this situation..."Pestigor is BESTigor"

thesoundofmusica
01-12-2014, 14:37
I prefer Khorne. Bestigor are a hammer unit and with primal fury those extra S6 attacks really count. Also with frenzy they can take heavy losses and still hit hard.

I think Mark of Nurgle works best for armies that are already tough with regeneration or armor a'la DoC and Woc. Besides there is plenty of rerolls to hit out there at the moment which again takes MoN down a notch.

There are other factors of course like frenzied units being immune to psychology and somewhat easier to redirect but those dont matter to me as much.

Alltaken
01-12-2014, 17:19
So does Khorne :p.
But slaanesh is cheaper.
Yeah, but.... You get frenzy baited.
I really hate slanesh mark, but it saves you all the time from phsycology, while frenzy can also be lost.
Its just a personal thing I guess.

Scammel
01-12-2014, 17:53
Nurgle works really well on units that stand to lose attacks when going second in combat, such as Minotaurs and Centigor (both of whom are fragile and often outpaced in CC). Bestigor typically come in units large enough to soak a respectable number of casualties and so all MoN achieves in most instances is to reduce enemy combat res, which MoK is more than capable of off-setting considering how many Bestigor attacks result in wounds. I typically avoid Frenzied units where possible but Bestigor just hit so hard.

GrandmasterWang
02-12-2014, 02:34
So this is f4om Glottkin??

Is that whats letting you mark them?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Grix
02-12-2014, 04:05
Either is good. Personally id stick to MoN. 35 Bestigor with Full Command and Totem of Rust. Thats how I would run them. Id stick the BSB in the Gor as always again MoN.

And now with 50% you can take a Beastlord for the Ld9. Id put him in the Gor to preserve his AS though.

Col. Tartleton
02-12-2014, 04:29
So this is f4om Glottkin??

Is that whats letting you mark them?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Correct. They got chaos marks , Eye of the Gods, and Ambush is improved.

Malagor
02-12-2014, 05:14
Yeah, but.... You get frenzy baited.

Meh, haven't had that problem.
I usually put the general in that unit and the BSB close by so they charge the unit that I want them to charge.

thesoundofmusica
02-12-2014, 10:14
How much is MoK on Bestigor, 2 ppm?

Malagor
02-12-2014, 11:45
Yes same as nurgle.

In Dark Trees
02-12-2014, 15:32
I think the Mark of Khorne is probably the way to go. It turns Bestigors--already some of the best heavy infantry in the game--into absolute murderers. That said, I do like either Nurgle or Tzeentch, as well. I think the latter has more potential than most people suspect, and it combines well with items like the Lichebone Pennant, Ironcurse Icon, or Blackened Plate. While you can never make Bestigors truly durable, it's possible to make them less fragile. That said, if you want a durable Beastmen unit, you'd be better served with the Mark of Tzeentch on a unit of Gors with hand weapons and shields.

So, after much waffling and aimless meandering, I think it's probably best to go with Khorne.

Artinam
02-12-2014, 16:24
I'm going for Khorne. My beastmen army was Khorne before glottkin came around.
But yeah it makes Bestigor dead killy.