PDA

View Full Version : Are these rules currently legit? im not up to date and think these are unreleased

thelonewarrior
01-12-2014, 15:54
Got surprised with this one

Ive been using the new rules and was under the impression that the rules for the new additional spells (not lore of undeath) but the ones here

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67120&start=870

Were not in use as the book wasn't released. (about halfway down the page, pics take a while to load of the rules)

An opponent had a copy of these rules and said they are official and can be used, didn't see them In glotkin or nagashs books (someone has scanned every page from someone lucky enough to have the books) and this wasn't in there

I guess they are legit, but I was under the impression that they cant use them as they are part of the End times : Khaine book (which hasn't been released so is subject to change at the moment), which is what they told me

So are the spells here actually usable? Or do we have to wait for more books to be released?

Imperator64
01-12-2014, 19:35
There are pics of khaine magic rules out already

thelonewarrior
01-12-2014, 21:19
There are pics of khaine magic rules out already

Yes, I need to be more clear, the person was using the extra spells, for example they had lore of metal and gained the 2+ ward save spell automatically

I just wanted to know if these were part of the the khaine book ( as any race seems to be able to get them) and if you can use them in ANY game or not

As it says "any game SET in the end times, a wizard of level 3 or above knows end times spells"

Does this mean you have to declare that its an "end times" battle, or can you just have these spells anyway, as the new BRB rules are automaticly available to everyone such as lore of undeath, im asking if these spells are as well, or do you have to declare the battle is "end times" to have these extra spells

biccat
01-12-2014, 21:29
I just wanted to know if these were part of the the khaine book ( as any race seems to be able to get them) and if you can use them in ANY game or not

Yes, they are available in the Khaine book. The rules are used if:

* It is a special scenario rule;

* If either player is using the Elven Hosts army;

* If either player uses a unit from the New Units section of Khaine; or

* Either player wants to use the End Times rules instead of the normal magic rules.