PDA

View Full Version : Multiple One Shot Weapons

Charistoph
01-12-2014, 17:47
Background: I am working on developing a Warhammer army book for the Tyranids.

I am in the middle of working on the ranged weapons of the army, and I have a little problem. Tentaclids. They are "missiles" used by a model to attack vehicles, and are one shots.

I've tried to use the weapons available in Fantasy as a basis for adjusting these weapons (and in some cases just dropping them), but this is such a signature weapon for one unit, I cannot fully justify dropping it.

So, I am not as familiar with the Fantasy World as many of you here are, so I ask of you, what are some examples I could use to direct this concept? Are there any such weapons where a model may carry more than one, one-time use only?

It could be just something simple that I may have missed that is unique to one army, such as Squig Hoppers or Night Goblin Fanatics.

Thoughts?

boli
01-12-2014, 17:53
Doomrocket and hail of doom arrow are the only one-shot weapons I can think of.

jorgepo
01-12-2014, 23:05
Most breath weapons are one shot as well.

GrandmasterWang
02-12-2014, 02:31
I look forward to seeing your book. Tyranid s are sometimes played in my Chillhammer fantasy group. Tentaclids haven't come into it yet though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Leogun_91
02-12-2014, 09:52
There is nothing preventing a character from carrying multiple one-use only items, most commonly through the use of several magic items. The skaven book allows a wizard to have several warptokens* and although they aren't weapons similar rules could apply to one shot weapons. There are no rules preventing several of the same one-use item other than the magic item selection rules and if the item is given in a way other than bought as a magic item there is nothing preventing multiple of them.

*IIRC that's the name but might have got it a bit mixed up, it's an arcane item.

pinktaco
02-12-2014, 12:53
I believe dwarfs have various bombs and stuff like that they can use once. I think it's a stand and shoot reaction, but might be wrong

Cortomaltese
02-12-2014, 16:31
I believe dwarfs have various bombs and stuff like that they can use once. I think it's a stand and shoot reaction, but might be wrong

you are perfectly right, sir
miners have "blasting charges" str 4, quick to fire, flaming, armour piercing, one shot 4" missile weapons

iirc also skaven brass orb was one shot only.. is it still up in the skaven army book?

jorgepo
02-12-2014, 19:01
you are perfectly right, sir
miners have "blasting charges" str 4, quick to fire, flaming, armour piercing, one shot 4" missile weapons

iirc also skaven brass orb was one shot only.. is it still up in the skaven army book?

I think Ironbreakers can take Cinderblast(?) bombs. Not sure if they're one-shot though.

N00B
04-12-2014, 00:38
Beastmen have a few one shot bound spells - these are limited as they are one per item type