PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to Hit?

Lord Dan
02-12-2014, 01:01
I run kind of a strange build on my Arch Lector:

Shrieking Blade
Glittering Scales
Cloak of Ulric

In a recent game I had him fighting in a challenge against an opponent who subsequently failed his fear test due to the effect of the Shrieking Blade. At WS1 he would normally need 5's to hit my Arch Lector at WS4, however the combined effects of the Glittering Scales and the Cloak of Ulric (both of which cause -1 to hit in combat) meant that he needed an effective 7 to hit.

It was a friendly game, so we ruled it that he simply needed 6's to hit, however I wanted to know how this would likely be ruled in a tournament environment. Would my Arch Lector have been impossible to hit?

forseer of fates
02-12-2014, 01:14
Interesting combination, I just run a priest in smaller games, anything over 3k, he's on the war alter and shy's away from kimbat. Never really come across the whole 7s to hit in combat b4, erm its going to be something where there's no rule to cover it, so its either gonna be: capped at 6's or rolling 6/4 to hit like shooting, I can see people accepting either.

kylek2235
02-12-2014, 02:11
I don't have my rulebook on me (at work still) but there is a passage about 6s always hitting. The additional modifiers would just be meaningless, kinda like if you drop a character to a 0+ save.

Lord Dan
02-12-2014, 02:18
there is a passage about 6s always hitting.
Let me know where it is, if you get a chance. I've been thumbing through my book and I can't find it anywhere.

3eland
02-12-2014, 02:23
Page 50 of mini under "Roll to Hit" via Close Combat section.

Last paragraph, last sentence:

Sometimes modifiers apply to these rolls, but a natural dice score of 6 always hits and a natural dice score of 1 always misses.

Lord Dan
02-12-2014, 03:08
Well, there it is. Thanks, man.

3eland
02-12-2014, 04:43
........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,