PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves Help

The National Elf Service
04-12-2014, 21:10
(Hmm, was looking for a place to put army lists, but couldn't find one and I thought it would fit in best here :)) It's that time of the year! It's Christmas! Anyway, I was thinking about getting a basic Space Wolf army together this year, so i was going to get something along the lines of: the battleforce, some HQ person and the Codex. I don't really know which HQ person I should get though or if I need to expand a bit more. Any ideas or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Fingers
04-12-2014, 21:35
Check out the Tactics Forum. there is one dedicated to Space Wolves there with lots of info. As far as a small starting force.

Grey Hunters
A Rune Priest
A Wolf Lord
Drop Pods/Rhinos/Razorbacks

is a good start

As you build up, Thunder Wolf Calvary are very strong, Long Fangs are still ok, and the Fliers are fun.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398475-Codex-Vlka-Fenryka-7th-Edition

AngryAngel
05-12-2014, 05:33
I also point out, that the supplement of Champions of Fenris, adds many layers for set ups. for instance the ability to make an all dread force still following FoC. As well as an All Thunderwolf army, still following FoC. It also gives the Thunderwolves more bite ( pun intended ) by raising their WS to 5. So I'd say if you want a balanced SW force, stick to core codex, if you want an elite heavy, as in near entirely elite type units, then go with the Champions of Fenris.