PDA

View Full Version : End Times and Mazdamundi

Adohi-Tehe
05-12-2014, 02:53
Looking at the last three End Times books there have been a number of battles featuring Special or named characters; with those characters lacking models being indicated as being portrayed by stand in models in the narrative campaigns. Those of you who have read the books know that this does not end well for Special Characters either without models or with older models:

Tyrion, Morathi, Kouran Darkhand, Tullaris Dreadbringer, Mallus Darkblade, Kurt Helborg, Ramhotep, Khateph, Nekaph, Kemmler, etc.

My question then is what do people think will happen in regards to Lord Mazdamundi of the Lizardmen? He is a hugely important Lizardmen special character but has never been given a model. Does this mean that he will be killed off prior to taking part in any battles? Will we see a conversion/stand in using a Slann, Stegadon and some bits for the battle(s) he appears in and then is killed off? Is it possible, despite no rumours indicating as such, we will see a new large creature center piece allowing the option to mount Mazdamunid, Tehenhauin, Slann etc.?

I personally am leaning towards an unrevealed centerpiece for the Lizardmen as I really can't see them leaving the Lizardmen without a living Slann special character and somebody who actually does stuff as Kroak is basically a mummy and none of the other Lizardmen are exactly vocal leaders outside of Tehenhauin. My second choice is that he is killed off prior to really doing anything which I feel would be quite silly but that is just my view. Thoughts?

MasterSplinter
05-12-2014, 06:59
Wasn´t there a rumour that the whole lizardmen race does a sacrifice to safe the last remaining fragments of the world after the endtimes are gone? With a major continental shift and stuff like that? I guess that would be more like Croaks deal but never the less.

Can be that i make this up and my mind is blurred between rumours and random discussion though.

Voted for he dies without a model of course.

Hawkkf
05-12-2014, 07:25
My gut tells me that Maz and all of the other slann will die doing something important to help end the end times and establish a new lizardmen city in the old world.

A fully focused 2nd Gen slann without the chaos induced alzheimers would be like a level 6 to 8 caster. They can't really be put onto the field with their abilities truly represented and the rules for putting them in units, if they are on foot, and LoS from a back rank etc have always been awkward. It's easier for them to not exist.

If the prophet of Sotek gains the wind of beasts it could set the stage for a new lizardmen kingdom where they think for themselves instead of listening to the elderly guys in the chairs retelling the same stories a hundred times with different versions each time while forgetting where their pudding is. Maybe it will force the skink and saurus to get some personality. This all assumes they find a way of procreation. Otherwise abandoning the temple cities was a death sentence.

ShruikhanTK
05-12-2014, 20:07
^ you are not a Lizardmen player are you? Better off they didn't exist are you mad?!

Mazdamundi is a master at shifting the earth so if theres going to be a continent shift he will be doing it.

Lord Kroak...is an interesting discussion with the rise of Nagash the line between the living and the dead has been thinned. It may be possible for his spirit to merge with his corpse.

The Prophet of Sotek will only gain the blessing of Sotek as the serpent returns to battle the Great Horned Rat. When they are off world their struggle is said to be eternal.

There was an interesting bit of speculation linking the mass migration of the ogres and the "volcanic" eruptions that forced them to go west into old world. This could have been the Slaan's reference to mass exodus, bringing all the the old ones creations against chaos might be an adjustment to the old ones plan.

We also have Kroq'gar, Oxyotl, Tetto'eko, Tiq'taq'toe, Nakai, Chakkax, Gor'rok as special characters although I only see them playing minor plot roles.

forseer of fates
05-12-2014, 20:20
If lizardmen get any releases ill eat a hat.

ShruikhanTK
05-12-2014, 20:46

Ok deal but it has to be Nagash's hat

infamousme
05-12-2014, 20:49
Malekith has a terrible (and old) model, yet he only got better.

Horus38
05-12-2014, 20:51

2nded, although I am looking forward to what they actually do in the upcoming Skaven book.

3eland
05-12-2014, 21:33

Youtubed for proof right?

forseer of fates
05-12-2014, 21:40
lol!, seems if your not the bad guys no models for you and im sure I can come up with something if it goes pete tong:P, nagashes hat totally!

Heroe Juice
11-12-2014, 22:29
sorry in advance if this is off topic and a rambling rant by a dissconnected lunatic.
Wishful thinking based on little more then looking at the map and if old Mazdamundi can reshape the land there seems no reason not to make a single super continent, then i think most the slann will die of consumed by the power needed for this epic undertaking leaving a few younger generations in charge of the lizardmen empire charged with orders to try find a way to reproduce and to retake everything they have lost.skaven will be drowned in there tunnels and forced in mess out into the open world where in the north they will be a snack for ogres and in the south a offering to the lizardmen gods

Crash Lustria up into the Southlands joining the spine of sotek to the worlds edge mountains,Hinterlands of Khuresh push over the kingdoms of ind and inclose the sea of dread, bringing together a grand Lizardmen empire with all the cities albeit shaken up accessible as a single landmass allowing for future campaigns of reclamation.
swing Naggaroth over Nippon and up into grand Cathay for a elven landmass and access to a different area of the world map.

aloso are'nt there already a small population of lizardmen on the dragon isles or somewhere that are completly insane because there are no slann

logan054
12-12-2014, 17:09

While true we have no idea if he he's going to survive until the end, If suspect he won't unless FW release a black dragon upgrade kit.

Col. Tartleton
12-12-2014, 18:45
I just thought it was weird that the Black Dragon kit hasn't been declared the official Malekith model. All you do is paint his face as a gold death mask. Instant Malekith...

Just like Supreme Patriarch Martak is the Imperial Griffon model.

SanDiegoSurrealist
12-12-2014, 21:43
Since they seem to be going for the large center piece figs and the 50% Lord rule (LM book pretty new and he cost 700 and some change seems like they were setting that up) so he might get a $110 fig like the Glotkin.
If he does not there will be a Mazda/Zlaaq combined profile just like the Glotkin and Franz and they will leave it up to LM players to go purchase a Steg ($60) and a Slann ($50) and slap them together ($110). Either way they are milking us LM players for $110.

Spiney Norman
13-12-2014, 00:06
I went for the no further appearance option

While I would love to see Lord Maz get a model I just don't see it happening, Lizardmen haven't had a significant role in any of the books so far and are not rumoured to have any role in the next, nor any model on the horizon. We're not talking about a character who has an ancient model that can be wheeled out for display purposes like Malekith and Imrik, we're talking about a character who has literally never had a model.

Maybe they could spin some fluff about how he decides to ditch the steg (or perhaps the Steg dies) and Lord maz reverts to a standard floating stone seat, but even that I doubt because we'd effectively have to just use the standard Slann model to represent a key character.

It's possible they will just leave Lord maz in the background, never taking to the field and working through his primary Saurus general kroq Gar (who interestingly enough has a new and very expensive plastic kit), and will just fade back into the abscurity he enjoyed through 6th edition as a background figure with no formal profile.

What absolutely will not happen is that GW make a conversion to represent Lord maz, conversion is a dirty word at GW and has been for some time, they want you to buy their models to use only as what it is called in the instruction sheet and anything that doesn't have an official model is unceremoniously dumped, killed off or retconned from existence.

Ramius4
13-12-2014, 02:01
Lizardmen haven't had a significant role in any of the books so far and are not rumoured to have any role in the next,

To be fair, the Skaven have had almost no presence in the fluff so far other than their introduction in ET: Nagash, and one battle vs. Mannfred. About as much as Lizardmen have had.

I'm not saying this is reason to expect anything. But we really have no info beyond the 4th ET book other than there being a 5th one. It could be anything. It might not be the last one. We just don't know.

Drasanil
13-12-2014, 04:13

While true we have no idea if he he's going to survive until the end, If suspect he won't unless FW release a black dragon upgrade kit.

The fact that fluff-wise the Flames of Asuryan didn't fully restore him physically like they're supposed to gives me the impression GW just really really wanted to dump the remaining stocks of the [awful] old model, same with Imrik's new awesome merged profile. Then in the future they might release a combined Imrik/Malekith even bigger dragon kit.

Spiney Norman
13-12-2014, 09:44
To be fair, the Skaven have had almost no presence in the fluff so far other than their introduction in ET: Nagash, and one battle vs. Mannfred. About as much as Lizardmen have had.

I'm not saying this is reason to expect anything. But we really have no info beyond the 4th ET book other than there being a 5th one. It could be anything. It might not be the last one. We just don't know.

I thought it was strongly rumoured that the 4th book was all about skaven with a truckload of new skaven models to accompany the release.

The only thing we do know about book 5 is that it is the last one, and I somehow doubt that amongst all the factions that have been left out in the cold so far, Lizardmen would be the ones to bear the standard for the grand finale, but we shall see.

I'm actually surprised we've heard nothing from greenskins or dwarfs thus far, both are fairly 'major players' in the background and the greenskins have potential for a strong story arc pertaining to an end times type event. That was even hinted at in the Nagash book where it was stated that Wurrzag was no longer searching for one true git, but for two.

Iron_Lord
13-12-2014, 10:05
The fact that fluff-wise the Flames of Asuryan didn't fully restore him physically like they're supposed to gives me the impression GW just really really wanted to dump the remaining stocks of the [awful] old model, same with Imrik's new awesome merged profile. Then in the future they might release a combined Imrik/Malekith even bigger dragon kit.

Given that Ariel's daughters (the ones who ride a Forest Dragon) are part of the "Eternity King" army list - maybe it'll be a triple kit? Seems like that's the pattern - Undead got a triple kit (Mortarchs), Chaos got a triple kit (Maggoth Riders) - Elves deserve one as well.

Ramius4
13-12-2014, 10:41
I thought it was strongly rumoured that the 4th book was all about skaven with a truckload of new skaven models to accompany the release.

It was, right from the start. I was referring to your comment about the Lizardmen not having a real big fluff presence so far. I was just saying that neither have the Skaven.

The only thing we do know about book 5 is that it is the last one,

It's never been explicitly stated as being 'the last one' as far as I recall reading. Although that might be a safe assumption if 9th is coming, all we've been told is that there is a 5th book coming. Keep in mind that when the ET rumors began to surface, we thought there were only 4 books, so when we learned there would be a 5th, there's certainly a possibility for more of them too.

I'm actually surprised we've heard nothing from greenskins or dwarfs thus far, both are fairly 'major players' in the background and the greenskins have potential for a strong story arc pertaining to an end times type event. That was even hinted at in the Nagash book where it was stated that Wurrzag was no longer searching for one true git, but for two.

Ragnarork has been a thing since the 6th ed army book if I recall correctly :D Also, we've heard as much from Dwarfs as from Goblins (the battle vs. Neferata where Thorek Ironbrow and King Kazador perish was kind of a big deal). The Goblins were featured in 2 battles as well in ET Nagash (one in the mountains vs. Neferata and Krell, and then again taking part in the aforementioned battle with Dwarfs).

While those were not what I'd call 'main story' battles, they were at least in there. Hell, even a Dwarf Ancestor God was indirectly involved (Valaya). I doubt that'll be the last we've heard of either of these major races. We also haven't heard what's going on with the Ogre exodus, Tzeentch or Slaanesh forces.

I'm going to assume that Dwarfs and Lizardmen will probably be featured strongly in the Skaven book. I doubt that they're going to spend all the fluff time in the Skaven book telling us what happens to Tilea and Estalia, which nobody really cares about. That would make for a very dull and uninspiring book.

malisteen
13-12-2014, 17:09
After the major model releases for Nagash and Glotkin, I was actually shocked that Khaine saw no model releases at all. I was especially shocked that there was no new malekith model to stand alongside Nagash and the Glotkin themselves. I had been pretty sure we were going to see an awesome new Mazdamundi, but now? Now I have no idea.

All Cing Eye
13-12-2014, 17:45
I think we'll see a Mazamundi/Tenehuin/??? on a stegadon (or something bigger. Triceradon??) kit.

I think Lord Kroak will be the one that dies. Perhaps his spirit rejoins and reanimates his body, a sort of Zombie Slann, and then he leads the lizmardmen in one final last stand battle before being killed off permanently.

Urgat
13-12-2014, 19:13

Yeah, it's thankful FW relased a chaos dwarf army, otherwise the poor evil stunties wouldn't have had showtime in the ET series at all :)

SanDiegoSurrealist
15-12-2014, 17:03
Historically the Lizardmen, following the plans of the Old Ones, are the only reason that all the other races even exist; and saved the world from destruction by chaos once before.

So it is always possible that book 5 will be all about the Slann, once again, stepping up to shut the portals to the Warp and saving all the warm-bloods squishy hides again.

logan054
15-12-2014, 19:44

The new rules for him give the impression they want to dump the old stock, I seriously doubt we are going to see new kits released for those guys once the end times is done. I do have a little hope that finecast gets replaced with FW character kits.

Yeah, it's thankful FW relased a chaos dwarf army, otherwise the poor evil stunties wouldn't have had showtime in the ET series at all :)

FW has it uses ;)

Ramius4
15-12-2014, 19:50
I do have a little hope that finecast gets replaced with FW character kits.

FW is done making WFB kits. It wasn't profitable enough.