PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels Fifth Company Banner?

Tsillanabor
07-12-2014, 03:41
I have tried to Google but have failed-does anyone know what the Blood Angels Fifth Company banner looks like?

Tygre
07-12-2014, 11:20
In White Dwarf 364 on page 24 it has the 5th Company Banner.

It is the same banner as the black Chapter banner on page 68 of the 5th ed BA Codex. But the blank spot at the bottom of the flag should have a white numeral 5 for the company number.

shabbadoo
07-12-2014, 13:42
The codex will probably have pics of the various company banners. Wait a week and get it.

Lord Damocles
07-12-2014, 14:57
Also remeber that Company banners change over time to include heraldry of commanding officers and campaigns, so you could do pretty much anything if you're not wedded to the 'current' banner design.

Tsillanabor
07-12-2014, 15:34
In White Dwarf 364 on page 24 it has the 5th Company Banner.

It is the same banner as the black Chapter banner on page 68 of the 5th ed BA Codex. But the blank spot at the bottom of the flag should have a white numeral 5 for the company number.
Thanks! I never would have found that! Geez that is going to be a lot of freehand!

Tygre
07-12-2014, 23:58
Because the 5th ed codex put it under Chapter Banners, I would make my own (But maybe see what the new codex brings).
It is so different to the other company banners. Most of the BA company banners backgrounds (the Field in heraldry talk) follow the Ultramarines patterns but with different colouration and the captains individual heraldry on top. Fustratingly the banner for the 5th is different. It could also be a WD error (I doubt Captain Sendini's heraldry is sanguinius carrying a spear and shield).

The company backdrops are
The 2nd company is a vertical line
The 3rd company is a diagonal line
The 4th company is halved top and bottom
The 5th company is quartered
The 6th company is a chevron
The 7th company is halved left and right
The 8th company is halved diagonally
The 9th company is a horizontal line

Unless you want your captain be Captain Sendini (Page 9 5th ed BA codex) make up your own heraldry for your captain. Put that heraldry on a quartered background (red and yellow maybe) with a black surround like it is currently.

Tsillanabor
08-12-2014, 02:04
Thanks! I will probably do the quartered with wing doing...something then depending on what is in the new Codex.