PDA

View Full Version : Deathstorm Tips with my warriors

jaws900
08-12-2014, 07:28
I got Deathstorm the otherday and i do love the models. I'm holding of from building the Blood Angels until the new codex comes out but i wanted to start to build my Nids. I have all ready assembled the Broadlord and the Carnifex (x2 Twin Devoueres). But i can decide on how to build up my Warriors and to a lesser extent my Genestelers.

I all ready own 5 warrios (4 with deathspitters and Talons and 1 with Barbed Strangler & Talons) and a porrly converted Prime with Talons & Rending claws. Now i'm wondering on how i'm going to build up the 3 new warriors, this is the first time i have had access to the new Warrior kit so my temptation is to make a propper Prime but this will leave me with 2 Warrios that can't do much. I could try to dismatle the old Prime and use him as a standard warrior.

My main question for people who use Warriors a bit more is that i want them to be combat heavy unit but never done so before, so what weapon would be best for them.

(Also wondering in i want to put the Talons on the Genestealers since i all ready have 20 normal genestealers)

harlekin
08-12-2014, 07:41
I think an advantage of our current edition is the mix of weapons like in 4th edition. This way you don't have to overcost the unit by giving bonesword/lashwip to all. When dismantling the former prime, you stay with 3 warriors and one prime.

I'd recommend to give BS/LW to a single warrior and prime, one rending claws and maybe keeping the devs. But i can see, that when you equip adrenal glands you would have to choose between fleeting or shooting.

Warriors of this brood will range from 45- 55 ppm, though.

The thing is that melee warriors get pretty expensive just by adding adrenalin- and toxic-glands and those are for the whole unit.

AndrewGPaul
08-12-2014, 07:57
I got Deathstorm the otherday and i do love the models. I'm holding of from building the Blood Angels until the new codex comes out but i wanted to start to build my Nids. I have all ready assembled the Broadlord and the Carnifex (x2 Twin Devoueres). But i can decide on how to build up my Warriors and to a lesser extent my Genestelers.

I all ready own 5 warrios (4 with deathspitters and Talons and 1 with Barbed Strangler & Talons) and a porrly converted Prime with Talons & Rending claws. Now i'm wondering on how i'm going to build up the 3 new warriors, this is the first time i have had access to the new Warrior kit so my temptation is to make a propper Prime but this will leave me with 2 Warrios that can't do much. I could try to dismatle the old Prime and use him as a standard warrior.

My main question for people who use Warriors a bit more is that i want them to be combat heavy unit but never done so before, so what weapon would be best for them.

(Also wondering in i want to put the Talons on the Genestealers since i all ready have 20 normal genestealers)

If you want to use the formations as listed in the booklet, then there's no choice to make - they need to be assembled with exactly the weapons listed there. If you're not bothered about that, do what you like. :)

jaws900
08-12-2014, 08:09
I do like the special rule that the unit gets in the book, the problem if that they are kitted out the way almost noone would ever actually kit them out. Plus you can add additional warriors to the squad makign them very easy to kill.

harlekin
08-12-2014, 08:27
What exactly is the specialrule?
And how do they become easier to kill if in greater number. I understand, that they become a much juicier target, but you can spread out the heavy hitters (swordwielders/ vc/barbed strangler).

jaws900
08-12-2014, 08:32
The sopecial rule is that they ignore the Initiative penalty when charging into/though cover and that all terrain within 12 of them is treated as Dangoures to the enermy. The down side is that they have 1 with BS/LW & Rending Claws, 1 with Twin Bonesword & Talons and 1 with a Venomcannon, plus adrenal and Toxin.

And i wasn't saying that they are easier to kill in large squads, my point was that have a 3 man squad makes them a very easy target to missiles and other S8 weapons to of them very quickly and remove the synapce and the rather good special rule.

harlekin
08-12-2014, 08:41
I think the prime advantage of the specialrule is the charging through cover. This advantage can be bought with fleshooks, though, that increases the costs per model, but enables you to equip them like you want.

Inquisitor Shego
08-12-2014, 09:51
and this is one of the many reasons I hate formations

aprilmanha
08-12-2014, 11:07
Remodel the warriors to be lictors and then go full flying circus with flying hive tyrants and the other FMC's available.
Mix in the Flying swarm Formations as many as you can fit.

Enjoy winning :D