PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming FW HH books

Azazyll
10-12-2014, 01:27
I'm a bit unclear on what the current state of rumors/reports are on upcoming FW HH books, so I thought I'd start a thread to gather the stuff we know and put our heads together about what we don't. I'll update with better info as it comes.

I know that Prospero (called Inferno iirc?) was declared delayed to prep the two new armies (Sisters of Silence & Custodes), plus SW and Thousand Sons were even then the most unique of the legions.

Calth was then rumored to be two whole books? That seems a bit excessive to me, but I don't find smurfs plus a legion we've already seen plus canon fodder all that interesting.

Shattered Legions rules were supposed to be in Conquest (even got some serious fluff attention), so presumably we'll see those sometime, maybe?

I remember some chatter about getting both angels in one book with Signus and the Thramas Crusade, but that seems a bit crowded to me (especially if Calth is to get two), and that felt like speculation.

After that, what do we know? What can we expect? What will happen when we reach armies with established unique models, like Sanguinary Guard and Ravenwing - any chance of using existing plastics or should we expect FW versions? What about Daemon plastics - I assume we won't see all-resin Daemon armies, that would take forever and lose a lot of established flavor. And that still leaves White Scars, who will surely show up before Terra.

What is the endgame? Nine books is beginning to feel too short, but will they go for twelve? Will Terra be a trilogy? With or without the civil war on Mars? Will we ever see Skitarii and combat servitors?

And when can we expect some serious mutations - Berserkers, Plague Marines (Terra iirc correctly from old fluff, but could change), maybe something like raptors or even better Obliterators? Obviously Rubrics are out and we already have Noise Marines. Daemonified primarchs? Most of all, Daemon Engines and other Dark Mechanicum goodies?

I'll update this with what you post, but I'm also interested in speculation!

SirBlackmane
10-12-2014, 05:43
To address many of your questions regarding number of books, who is in what, etc - remember that this is their golden goose and they want it to keep giving as long as it can. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but they've already demonstrated that they're willing to alter the release schedule drastically. I would reasonably expect that this is going to turn out to be a 15+ book series before all is said and done, but it is going to take many, many years to find out if I'm right or not.

As for plastic versions of existing models I'd pretty much forget it. The only things that are fluff acceptable are Beaky and other retro power armour, and the standard Terminator pattern is okay too. Most unique units use too much "modern" power armour and helmets to be okay. Plus the bikes are totally different.

Edit: Forgot to mention though, that it does seem to be a good place to discuss upcoming 30k topics though.

Azazyll
10-12-2014, 22:29
To address many of your questions regarding number of books, who is in what, etc - remember that this is their golden goose and they want it to keep giving as long as it can. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but they've already demonstrated that they're willing to alter the release schedule drastically. I would reasonably expect that this is going to turn out to be a 15+ book series before all is said and done, but it is going to take many, many years to find out if I'm right or not.

As for plastic versions of existing models I'd pretty much forget it. The only things that are fluff acceptable are Beaky and other retro power armour, and the standard Terminator pattern is okay too. Most unique units use too much "modern" power armour and helmets to be okay. Plus the bikes are totally different.

Edit: Forgot to mention though, that it does seem to be a good place to discuss upcoming 30k topics though.

Agreed for most power armor issues, but that doesn't cover Sanguinary Guard. And do we really need yet moreravenwing models? I guess that shows I'm not a DA player. It's just going to be odd getting to the legions better covered in 40k.

And I still wonder how they'll handle Daemons. Using a bunch of GW plastics will be a big departure for them.

Leftenant Gashrog
11-12-2014, 02:19
Sanguinary Guard should be fine, fluffwise the suits date from the Great Crusade, the only bit of the models that jars with that are the non-Death Mask helmets which are straight up Mk7, but they can easily be swapped for Mk4 (Forge World's Mk4 jump packs are the Sanguinary Guard packs minus the wings)

macejase
12-12-2014, 16:11
Calth is two books because one will be the initial assault on the system and planetfall basically opening 24 hours on Calth, the second book will be the underground war aka the next 7 years for the Ultras and Word Bearers left alive / left behind. At least that's what they said in the seminar at Warhammer Fest.