PDA

View Full Version : New gaming mat!

Lost Vyper
11-12-2014, 18:25
A great new gaming mat found itīs way to our gaming club! Of course we had to build a forest moon base...hmm...has that been used in any good movie? :)

http://youtu.be/r1bIiGXxS0w

TheBearminator
11-12-2014, 18:28
Mmm! Forest moon... :)

Smooth Boy
12-12-2014, 03:27
I saw StrikingScorpion82 advertise these also, they look really good and are cheap in the UK but they desperately need a better urban design, then I'm sold. A space style mat for BFG/Space Hulk would also be nice.

E: Ha, cheap, cheap by their competitors standards... I've been in this hobby too long.

Lost Vyper
12-12-2014, 06:13
We already got the Frontlinegamings Urban, so i recommend it as an urban one http://eustore.frontlinegaming.org/fat-mat%3A-urban-combat-6x4/dp/11

tneva82
12-12-2014, 06:46
We already got the Frontlinegamings Urban, so i recommend it as an urban one http://eustore.frontlinegaming.org/fat-mat%3A-urban-combat-6x4/dp/11

Only problem I have with that is that it's too...fixed. Seems like buildings are hard to place freely on that without looking silly.

Lost Vyper
12-12-2014, 09:46
That is true. It is always the angled positioning. We have modified that situation with statues, fountains, wrecks, trees&bushes etc. That helps! Thereīs the other one too, where the map is "tilted" too. Iīm too OCD to use that ;)

Tastyfish
12-12-2014, 09:57
I've not got one but Deep Cut Studios (http://www.deepcutstudio.com/category/mats-size-4-x6) has some nice ones as well - with a urban one that looks a little closer to what you're after, lot less road and more ruins.

zoggin-eck
12-12-2014, 10:14
So, spamming youtube links with copy-pasted text is OK now?

Rabbitden
12-12-2014, 10:17
these look great. I also like the look of the ones StrikingScorpion82 'advertises' and will be picking some up soon. Does anyone know if anyone does 8'x4' battle mats? We tend to play on these larger tables but all I an find are 6'x4'. Thanks.

tneva82
12-12-2014, 11:04
That is true. It is always the angled positioning. We have modified that situation with statues, fountains, wrecks, trees&bushes etc. That helps! Thereīs the other one too, where the map is "tilted" too. Iīm too OCD to use that ;)

Tilted just means buildings are forced to be tilted.

Dunno. I don't like that sort of maps with city themes. They restrict things too much. Feel better when it's just texture that doesn't dictate where non-texture terrain elements go(or look silly).

Just my preference though. They do look nice though. Will consider picking their more traditional grass themed ones when I want to get gaming board for those(now I'm more into cityfights)

tneva82
12-12-2014, 11:07
So, spamming youtube links with copy-pasted text is OK now?

Well guess he could create new intro for his link but that works as well(that video btw is his own so it's not like he's showing somebody's elses video). Too bad user-moderation doesn't seem to be frowned here. In most forums moderation is left for mods and not users.

There are people who appreciate this. Much more useful than your post was without any chance of mistake.

Tastyfish
12-12-2014, 15:47
these look great. I also like the look of the ones StrikingScorpion82 'advertises' and will be picking some up soon. Does anyone know if anyone does 8'x4' battle mats? We tend to play on these larger tables but all I an find are 6'x4'. Thanks.

Most of these places do 4x4 as that's the standard size of a lot of the new skirmish games - also whilst some of the maps are printed, a lot are also done in a way that means you don't get exactly what's in the picture (especially with cloth mats) - so two 4x4 wouldn't be identical. Plus even with the guys who do print, they often scale things slightly different for the different sized maps, so if you ask them you'll probably find that splitting a 6'x3' map into two 4'x4' maps is no big deal.

zoggin-eck
13-12-2014, 04:36
Well guess he could create new intro for his link but that works as well(that video btw is his own so it's not like he's showing somebody's elses video). Too bad user-moderation doesn't seem to be frowned here. In most forums moderation is left for mods and not users.

There are people who appreciate this. Much more useful than your post was without any chance of mistake.

Fair enough then. What I like about Warseer is that it's a place for people to post their thoughts on, rather than constantly push people to their own blog/Youtube channel, as others have.

I must admit that I mistook Lost Vyper for another poster who used to push ads for gamemat.eu in thinly disguised "hey check out the mat our gaming group uses" threads, so sorry about that Vyper.