PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Datasheets vs Codex

Badruk
13-12-2014, 18:06
Not sure if it was already posted about the Wolves vs Orks Campaign.

I have the new Deathstorm plus the Blood Angels codex.
Does the Datasheet in the campaign (Captain Karlean, DC Squad, DC Dreadnought) work in the Baal Strike Special FOC? SInce you can get a DC Squad and Dreadnought as Troops instead of Elite.

Thanks in advance :)

mightymconeshot
13-12-2014, 18:27
No because formations are their own detachments which mean they can not be part of another detachment as per the rulebook.

CrownAxe
13-12-2014, 18:31
No because formations are their own detachments which mean they can not be part of another detachment as per the rulebook.

These aren't formations

mightymconeshot
13-12-2014, 18:40
In the Champions of Fenris supplement they are called Formation Dataslates and have a symbol indicating if they are. I don't have the campaign book so I don't know if there is a similar page explaining if they are a formation or not. If they are not classified as formations, but similar in function then I would probably run them as formations. But a dataslate(s) is undefined as per the rulebook so I guess nothing is stopping you from putting them in the BA special FOC.

Also this should probably be moved to the rules forum.

Badruk
13-12-2014, 18:52
There is a formation, but 4 datasheets, the guide explicit said they are datasheets.
Also they have HQ, Elites and Troops symbol, not a formation symbol, unless you take the formation.

Gazak Blacktoof
13-12-2014, 19:25
You can take all the units together and create the deathstorm formation exactly as described or field all or some of them as units within a detachment. There are no rules to say this cannot be done and the rules on p22 state that the units in the book are either of the blood angel or tyranid faction. That means they can normally form a detachment with units from the same faction unless there are some further restrictions being imposed by the specific detachment Eg all models in the detachment must be equipped with terminator armour, in which case you couldn't field Cassor the Damned or Raphen's Death Company.