PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt Undead Legion Dual Blender lord w/Buses

Minigiant
14-12-2014, 21:38
So i have finally given into new book syndrome and have decided to update my VC army to an undead legion. I wanted to not only use some TK models but also make use of the 50% lords as i have yet to utilize that with my Ogres

I am still unsure on the VL builds. I feel they cannot have magic weapons because i have so many magical attacks from the hexwraiths and terrogheists and i worry about running into banner of the world dragon

LORD - Vampire Lord (General): 425 Points
Level 1 LoV, Barded Nightmare, Heavy armour, great weapon, Dragonhelm, talisman of preservation, Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Quickblood, Red Fury

LORD - Vampire Lord: 492 Points
Level 4 LoV, Barded Nightmare, great weapon, shield, armour of destiny, Quickblood, Red Fury

CORE - 14 Skeleton Horsemen: 226 Points
Light armour, Full command
CORE - 14 Skeleton Horsemen: 226 Points
Light armour, Full command

CORE - 5 Dire Wolves: 40 Points

SPECIAL - 7 Hexwraiths: 210 Points
SPECIAL - 7 Hexwraiths: 210 Points

RARE - Terrorgheist: 225 Points
RARE - Terrorgheist: 225 Points

What do you think?

Tarsus
16-12-2014, 19:35
The TK skeleton horsemen are not going to be quite so effective as the usual Knights are, they will die much easier having low T and AS. Most opponents will just slaughter the horsemen easily and unless your vamps get very luck and do 6+ wounds you will probably lose on combat res against most elite units.

having a great weapon isn't that good either, you are going to lose the shield save and you rerolls to hit from quickblood, take a lance instead, same bonus but no penalty, f you are spending more than 1 turn to kill a unit you will probably end up losing eventually.

Hex wraiths and TG. Excellent choices.

Lack of any tarpits might be your only downfall to this list. But you are fast and hit hard so you can at least pick your targets.

You will have to let me know how the cheap horsemen work instead of Knights.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
16-12-2014, 20:18
Not a fan of the great weapons, as you lose the rerolls. Also the ability to strike first is great. I've been doing really well with the following as a single-bus dual blender setup:

Vampire: Ogre Blade, OTS, Tal of Pres, QB, RF, HA, shield, hellsteed
Vampire: Lance, nightshroud, dawnstone, potion of strength, shield, HA, hellsteed

Running the bus 3-wide pushes them both to the second rank, which gives you flexibility in how you deploy them. One will take away ASF against everyone in base-contact, while the other reduces the effectiveness of ward saves. It also means that the front of the unit is two T5 vampires and a champion you can only get 1 wound off of. It's savage. I've found that with two blenders in a unit you rarely need more than one turn of S7 with the second vampire, for which you have the potion of strength. It also gives you the flexibility of a single S10 charge (for killing the Nagashes of the world).

As for the bus being fragile...yeah it really is. People can shred through it no problem. Be sure to screen with dogs to protect against missile fire. I also like the Scroll of Shielding. I run 16 with full command, as with two vampires that's the most cav bases you can fit in a deployment zone at 6-deep.