PDA

View Full Version : End times (I want to my my own movie trailer)

15-12-2014, 15:55
Hello everyone,

I am for fun going to create a Warhammer end times movie trailer using clips from various Hollywood movies, any good source movies or Tv series suggestions would be great.

:chrome:

Leogun_91
15-12-2014, 16:31
I suggest looking at cinematic game trailers to use parts of to the trailer as well. Warhammer Battle March, Mark of Chaos and WAR have some useful to use.
Then after that practically any later fantasy movie will have something you can use for making a trailer, hell these days there seems to be movies constructed from nothing but trailer shots. Since you don't really need a good story for the movie you have plenty of choices.

For some examples look at: all the hobbit and Lotr films, Hansel and Gretel witch hunters, Snow white and the huntsman, Dracula Untold, Both 300 movies, Clash of the Titans, Harry Potter, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Narnia, The Brothers Grim, Game of Thrones, Maleficient, The great and powerful Oz, Alice in Wonderland

Some of those I haven't even seen, just checked the trailer and saw something that could be used. And remember, if the clip almost but doesn't really fit all that well make the clip faster so that the person watching won't get the time to think about it being wrong.

16-12-2014, 15:44
More suggestions please, who or what can I use for Nagash?

Horus38
16-12-2014, 17:56

Sauron from the opening of the Fellowship of the Ring comes to mind.

Philhelm
16-12-2014, 18:15

I second Sauron. I haven't seen all of the Mummy movies (the silly ones with Brendan Fraser), but is there any sort of undead character in any of those movies that could fit the bill? Maybe some of the old Hammer Horror films have something, although nothing comes to mind.

Philhelm
16-12-2014, 18:18
Wait...Skeletor from the 1980's movie, Masters of the Universe!

Leogun_91
16-12-2014, 22:15
More suggestions please, who or what can I use for Nagash?A shadowy presence, there are plenty of those in the movies suggested, no reason to show him it's just a trailer, writing a text saying something akin to "An evil arises" or similar and then showing an army of undead (the mummy movies or army of darkness can be used for that) will be enough to give people an idea of Nagash, add some shadow clash power such as when sauron reveals himself in the second hobbit movie if you wish. Unfortunately skeletons are unpopular movie villains so you won't find many fitting faces to show for Nagash, a Ringwraith or dementor could work if need be as they are suitably "evil being you can't see the true nature of", or you can focus on his backstory and have an ancient egyptian, perhaps the upcoming Exodus Gods and Kings or one of the mummy movies (which by the way has several doom spells unleashed on egypt which fits well to Nagash campaign).

dalezzz
17-12-2014, 09:45
It's been a long time since I've seen it but isn't the bad guy in krull all shadowy for a while?

Col. Tartleton
18-12-2014, 00:00
How about Solomon Kane? Robert E Howard's pseudo historical worlds were clearly an influence in the Warhammer setting.

Philhelm
18-12-2014, 21:29
The skull-helmed guy from Willow would make a good Chaos Warrior, as well as some of the evil warriors from the Conan movies.

Warpsoul
19-12-2014, 17:09
How about Solomon Kane? Robert E Howard's pseudo historical worlds were clearly an influence in the Warhammer setting.

Solomon Kane is the most underrated British fantasy/genre movie of the past several years.

The tone was so Warhammer-ish- full of depression, violence, people being crucified in the rain, pirate cutthroats, ghouls, witches, pilgrims, and of course, the Chaos cultist forces of Malachi.

I know what I'm re-watching on Christmas Day this year.