PDA

View Full Version : Whats the first 7th book?

Scribe of Khorne
15-12-2014, 17:19
Whats the first actually 7th edition codex with formations and such baked in?

Ironbone
15-12-2014, 17:40
Orks were first 7th ed codex, however Sister of battle (aka Adepta Soraritas ) were first codex that have formations build in into book. Orks were first to have their own special kind of detachment.

Foulacy
15-12-2014, 18:07
What are all the current 7th ed codex's?

SharpSilver
15-12-2014, 18:44
What are all the current 7th ed codex's?

Orks, Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Dark Eldar and Blood Angels

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Codices_%28List%29#7th_Edition

Scribe of Khorne
15-12-2014, 18:50
Much thanks folks.

Here's hoping they can stay the course for an edition for once!

Casper Hawser
15-12-2014, 18:51
I think Orks, Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Dark Eldar and Blood Angels since 7th edition rule book was released.
I was to slow.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper Hawser
15-12-2014, 19:36
Do all the latest codices have a Lord of War? I was wondering if the new Necron codex would use Imotekh or the models from Escalation would be included in it as Lord of war options.

Smooth Boy
15-12-2014, 19:53
I'm sure the Dark Eldar one doesn't have a LoW, everyone said Vect but nothing materialised.

Charistoph
15-12-2014, 19:57
I'm sure the Dark Eldar one doesn't have a LoW, everyone said Vect but nothing materialised.

He'll probably be a mid-codex release ala the recent Tyranids, so they can include a new heavy Raider model with him. Or just a flat Dataslate ala Cypher.

Smooth Boy
15-12-2014, 20:01
Yeah probably, I have a feeling they'll steal the Tantalus design and *makes sure he's sitting down* put the rules with the model.

Charistoph
15-12-2014, 22:03
Yeah probably, I have a feeling they'll steal the Tantalus design and *makes sure he's sitting down* put the rules with the model.

Or have him be a Chariot unit like the Wolf Daddy?

A.T.
15-12-2014, 22:25
however Sister of battle (aka Adepta Soraritas ) were first codex that have formations build in into book.Those aren't 7th edition formations - they are old apocalypse formations recycled from the 5e white dwarf codex.

Shipmonkey
16-12-2014, 01:09
Oddly enough, both the Tempestus codex and the Imperial Knights codex appear to be 7th edition codexes. They are both Data Sheet only.

SirBlackmane
16-12-2014, 02:35
Those two were late, late into 6th, when they already knew what was going to change. It's even possible, the way print lad times work, that they were physically printed after the 7th rulebook.

Spiney Norman
18-12-2014, 07:57
Do all the latest codices have a Lord of War? I was wondering if the new Necron codex would use Imotekh or the models from Escalation would be included in it as Lord of war options.

I doubt they'll LoW up Imotekh, I imagine they will just include the three existing plastic LoW options that Necrons already have in the codex, the Transcendent ctan, Obelisk and Tesseract vault.

The necron book is such an easy job, it's basically just a balancing act from the last codex, whilst adding the LoW options in. Unlike DE they shouldn't lose any characters either because all their current SCs have existing models.

Tastyfish
18-12-2014, 12:14
Much thanks folks.

Here's hoping they can stay the course for an edition for once!

Hope not, I really hate the new format of the books. It's absolutely terrible when it comes to making an army compared to the old style army lists.
Also seems like there's a lot less background given how much space has to be dedicated to the models.

Stupid tablets ruining everything.

Angelwing
18-12-2014, 12:16
The astra militarum book was very late 6th, but is written for 7th. Its has the special bolt pistol that bestows precision shot to the character, which only makes sense for 7th ed.

Charistoph
18-12-2014, 15:05
I doubt they'll LoW up Imotekh, I imagine they will just include the three existing plastic LoW options that Necrons already have in the codex, the Transcendent ctan, Obelisk and Tesseract vault.

The necron book is such an easy job, it's basically just a balancing act from the last codex, whilst adding the LoW options in. Unlike DE they shouldn't lose any characters either because all their current SCs have existing models.

It's about 50/50, I think. On one hand, all the Chapter Masters and one super Warboss for 7th have been included as Lords of War, but only the Orks had a Citadel model already in the Lord of War slot. Necrons already have three, would they add a fourth for Imohtekh? Possibly, but again, possibly not.

Gangremond
20-12-2014, 04:41
[QUOTE=Casper Hawser;7336342]Do all the latest codices have a Lord of War? I was wondering if the new Necron codex would use Imotekh or the models from Escalation would be included in it as Lord of war options.

On the GW website, the Necron Obelisk and the Tesseract Vault are placed in the Lord of War section

mightymconeshot
20-12-2014, 04:44
The dark eldar didn't have one but that was attributed to Vect not having a current model. I am still assuming there will be a Dataslates with a model release for him at some point.

Scribe of Khorne
20-12-2014, 19:24
Hope not, I really hate the new format of the books. It's absolutely terrible when it comes to making an army compared to the old style army lists.
Also seems like there's a lot less background given how much space has to be dedicated to the models.

Stupid tablets ruining everything.

Oh, in terms of layout and art, I can agree with this completely. I just mean in terms of rule design/philosophy. :]