PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Points Khorne Legion of Chaos

jphealy
19-12-2014, 19:21
So while I know my Juggerspam list wasn't competitive at all (though I think it could be fun if I have low expectations) here is the list I actually want to run for my mono-god Khorne Legion of Chaos. While I'm sure adding some Nurgle or Tzeentch would make it more competitive I like the idea of pure Khorne Rage fest with out any of that weakling magic stuff :)

Chaos Lord: Hellfire Sword; Helm of Many Eyes; Soul Feeder; Flaming Breath; Mark of Khorne; Juggernaut of Khorne 405

Herald of Khorne: Greater Locus of Fury 160
Wargor: The Beast Banner; Battle Standard Bearer 185

18 Chaos Warriors: Mark of Khorne Two Hand Weaons; Aspiring Champion; musician; standard bearer 354

30 Bloodletters of Khorne: Bloodreaper; musician; standard bearer 450

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne 195
18 Bestigors: Mark of Khorne; Gouge-horn; Musician; Standard Bearer 246

Soulgrinder: Baleful Torrent 300
Skullcannon of Khorne 120

2,415 points

The Lord and skullchrushers charge one flank, the Bestigors will Beastmen ambush (SO GLAD the Glotkin book fixed beastmen ambush) while the wargor goes in the warriors of chaos.
I know I'm still a few points short, I'm figuring a gift for my Hearld and while the Wargor can't take magical items due to the BSB it can take mutations correct? Any suggestions?

nathan2004
19-12-2014, 22:56
#1 I respect what you are trying to do here, i love mono Khorne and since they suck in 40k at least IMO, I've been enjoying them a lot in fantasy lately.
Couple of things:
Skullcannon is 135 pts not 120.

Wargor needs to look like this: Beast Banner, MoK, BSB, Heavy Armour, Shield, Gnarled Hide. Standard build plus MoK. This makes him more durable despite not being able to parry. The wargor can take Chaos gifts per the Beastmen FAQ

Your Chaos Lord can't join the Bloodcrushers since they are Daemonic and only Daemonic characters can join Daemonic units. Swap the bloodcrushers for skullcrushers and problem solved. With only 3, he can't get LoS just FYI.

Need more Bestigors I'd say at least 30 if not 40. To cover the point cost for these guys i'd drop the Grinder to help pay for the extra bodies and also free up rare points which will allow you to field the SCs.

Your Lord needs a ward save especially since he's not getting Look out. I would drop the hellfire sword which while good doesn't make him any more survivable and pick up the 4+ tailsman.

Hope this helps man and as always, roll 6's.

jphealy
21-12-2014, 14:50
So I updated the list. I couldn't quite get to 30 bestigors.

2500 Pts - Legions of Chaos Roster

Chaos Lord (415 pts)
1 Chaos Lord of Khorne, 415 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armour; Shield; )
1 Hellfire Sword
1 Talisman of Endurance
1 Flaming Breath (Flaming Attacks)
1 Soul Feeder
1 Juggernaut of Khorne

Herald of Khorne (210 pts)
1 Herald of Khorne, 210 pts (Greater Locus of Fury; Hellblade; )
1 Greater Gift

Wargor (218 pts)
1 Wargor of Khorne, 218 pts (BSB; Mark of Khorne; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Gnarled Hide (Scaly Skin (5+))
1 The Beast Banner

Chaos Warriors (387 pts)
18 Chaos Warriors of Khorne, 387 pts (Mark of Khorne, Full Command)
1 Banner of Swiftness

Bloodletters of Khorne (30#, 450 pts)
30 Bloodletters of Khorne, 450 pts (Full Command)

Bestigor Herd (422 pts)
28 Bestigor Herd of Khorne, 422 pts (Mark of Khorne, Full Command)

Skull Cannon of Khorne (135 pts)

Skullcrushers of Khorne (254 pts)
3 Skullcrushers of Khorne, 254 pts (Full Command, Ensorcelled Weapons

zunjinto
21-12-2014, 15:11
Sad to inform you but bestigors cant ambush even in glotkin. You need to have the Beastmen ambush rule

Bigman
21-12-2014, 22:08
So I updated the list. I couldn't quite get to 30 bestigors.

2500 Pts - Legions of Chaos Roster

Chaos Lord (415 pts)
1 Chaos Lord of Khorne, 415 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armour; Shield; )
1 Hellfire Sword
1 Talisman of Endurance
1 Flaming Breath (Flaming Attacks)
1 Soul Feeder
1 Juggernaut of Khorne

Herald of Khorne (210 pts)
1 Herald of Khorne, 210 pts (Greater Locus of Fury; Hellblade; )
1 Greater Gift

Wargor (218 pts)
1 Wargor of Khorne, 218 pts (BSB; Mark of Khorne; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Gnarled Hide (Scaly Skin (5+))
1 The Beast Banner

Chaos Warriors (387 pts)
18 Chaos Warriors of Khorne, 387 pts (Mark of Khorne, Full Command)
1 Banner of Swiftness

Bloodletters of Khorne (30#, 450 pts)
30 Bloodletters of Khorne, 450 pts (Full Command)

Bestigor Herd (422 pts)
28 Bestigor Herd of Khorne, 422 pts (Mark of Khorne, Full Command)

Skull Cannon of Khorne (135 pts)

Skullcrushers of Khorne (254 pts)
3 Skullcrushers of Khorne, 254 pts (Full Command, Ensorcelled Weapons

If you have the hellfire sword it's lovely but your not going to need the flame breath and vice versa...

Also any chump in a dragon helm or with a dragon bane gem will hold him up indefinitely.

Nearly every army is rocking someone with fire ward as it is, so you will find this happen more often than you like, and since hellfire sword makes your attacks flaming you'll be worse off.

Better to keep the flame breath, take a GW, so that you hit after the flame breath against regen units, and take a 4+ ward.

I rocked a khorne lord on juggernaught today with GW and 4+ ward.

That was all he needed to smash face.

Mannfred
22-12-2014, 07:44
Your better off with a Khorne daemon prince than a lord on jugger about the same points. Warriors need a halberd str 5 is better than one extra attack. Or think about Skarbarand which gives u pseudo khornate without paying the points. Bestigors don't really stand up to warriors points for points evey with beast banner...so if u could go with chariots? Core ones just ups the speed so ur not waiting for four turns until u get to combat. Also they priorities shooting ....

Beyond like for fluff I can't see combined khornate effective beyond just taking skull cannons? Sadly..?