PDA

View Full Version : New White Dwarf blurb on GW Site

Smithpod68
20-12-2014, 00:32
Anybody catch this little nugget? "This week also features a Codex: Apocrypha about the Lizardmen during the End Times,". Anybody know what this is? Another exclusive minigame (this time it’s Lizardmen and something nasty in the jungles of Lustria), Codex: Apocrypha

Seriqolm
20-12-2014, 13:47
Anybody catch this little nugget? "This week also features a Codex: Apocrypha about the Lizardmen during the End Times,". Anybody know what this is? Another exclusive minigame (this time it’s Lizardmen and something nasty in the jungles of Lustria), Codex: Apocrypha

Codex: Apocrypha is Phils Kelly's monthly fluff collumn that is all.

zoggin-eck
20-12-2014, 22:28
Is Codex: Apocrypha gen-u-ine new background, or just reprinted from army books/ET books?

Spiney Norman
20-12-2014, 23:00
Is Codex: Apocrypha gen-u-ine new background, or just reprinted from army books/ET books?

I dunno, sounds like it might just be a weak fob-off explanation as to why Lizardmen aren't featuring in the biggest Warhammer event of the decade.

Smithpod68
20-12-2014, 23:22
I was under the impression it had a scenario with it.

Spider-pope
20-12-2014, 23:44
I dunno, sounds like it might just be a weak fob-off explanation as to why Lizardmen aren't featuring in the biggest Warhammer event of the decade.

It's not. It's a short fluff piece about a Slann mage priest observing the Warhammer world, realising that everyone is doomed and issuing the command to enact Mazdamundi's declaration of exodus, which involves sending a golden crested skink to turn on an ancient Old One technology.

Ramius4
21-12-2014, 01:11

All the apocrypha stuff has been from upcoming books. So I'd imagine it's an excerpt from the upcoming ET: Skaven.

mongoosedog300
21-12-2014, 03:25
It's not. It's a short fluff piece about a Slann mage priest observing the Warhammer world, realising that everyone is doomed and issuing the command to enact Mazdamundi's declaration of exodus, which involves sending a golden crested skink to turn on an ancient Old One technology.

What Spidey said. It's actually fairly interesting and left me wanting to know what's going to happen next with the lizard folk.

Mithrilherz
21-12-2014, 09:06
There was even a link to the white dwarf pages, including this one, somewhere in the huge Endtimes Skaven thread.

Bigman
21-12-2014, 11:54

Exodus means leaving so I'm putting my guess that it involves walking out of Lustria to another planet or part of the Old World.

If they want to keep Lizardmen, then old world.

If not then another planet.

Alltaken
21-12-2014, 14:28
Exodus means leaving so I'm putting my guess that it involves walking out of Lustria to another planet or part of the Old World.

If they want to keep Lizardmen, then old world.

If not then another planet.
Or they can pull a mobile floating city style and allways be where they need to be

Lord Dan
21-12-2014, 14:50
Or they can pull a mobile floating city style and allways be where they need to be

And I think we all know how they get down from that floating city...

Alltaken
21-12-2014, 16:22
And I think we all know how they get down from that floating city...

My folks are looking strange at me trying to contain my giggles