PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Thread

Cynigher
25-12-2014, 16:21
Well we have the Anti-Christmas thread that is models you need to paint, So what did we all get, I got some money that I've earmarked for a corpse cart for my khorne warshrine conversion.

Anyone else?

Ramius4
25-12-2014, 16:24
Nothing for games. But then I usually don't get anything gaming related other than maybe a modest gift certificate for a gaming store.

Rudra34
25-12-2014, 16:52
Sweaters. Glorious Sweaters.

red_zebra_ve
25-12-2014, 16:58
1/72 Airfix germans for my Memoir44 D-Day Overlord.

Kegslayer
25-12-2014, 17:47
I got new clippers, 3 drop pods, 3 blood angel tac squads, flesh tearer shoulder pads, fw brass etch, librarian, sanguinus priest, trial of blood, tablet, blood angel dex, air brush paints and primer, some cash and jager.

Fantasy wise I was hoping for ogres but got none

Ramius4
25-12-2014, 17:49
I got new clippers, 3 drop pods, 3 blood angel tac squads, flesh tearer shoulder pads, fw brass etch, librarian, sanguinus priest, trial of blood, tablet, blood angel dex, air brush paints and primer, some cash and jager

So that's what it's like to be rich during christmas time :p

Kegslayer
25-12-2014, 17:51
So that's what it's like to be rich during christmas time :p

If only. Most of this was through selling loads of stuff.

Ramius4
25-12-2014, 18:02
If only. Most of this was through selling loads of stuff.

I was gonna say, the 40K stuff was around $400 alone. So these weren't Christmas gifts then?

SuperHappyTime
25-12-2014, 18:09
Sweaters. Glorious Sweaters.

Personally, I'm less disturbed I got clothing, and more disturbed that I asked for clothing.

thesoundofmusica
25-12-2014, 18:14
I got money from my mom (yes I'm 36, but what can I say...). It will be spent on my nurgle daemons. I already have a suitable DP and a box of Blightkings. Will be getting a 40 man blob of plaguebearers, epidemius, nurglings, and two boxes of plague drones. Gonna be sweet once finished.

3eland
25-12-2014, 18:35
There is another similar (albeit nerdy related) thread so just quoting what I put there.

My wife got me an Iwata Eclipse CS Airbrush set, an Iwata airbrush filter pistol grip, an Iwata cleaning station, an 8oz Liquitex airbrush medium, a 3 gallon Mastercraft Air compressor kit, a 3M mask with 6001 filters and some gloves.

All I need is the paints and a booth and I'm ready to paint some models!

I got myself a Dimachaeron and a Harridan. Unfortunately they won't be here until the 31st so it'll be a late gift.

This year I was spoiled.

To expand I also got two new shirts from my mom, socks, a couple of books from my brother (ultimate warrior books, some cookbooks), candy, chocolate.

I do a secret Santa with my in-laws (we all draw one name and buy a gift for them), my father-in-law got my name and bought me a scroll saw (probably so I stop borrowing his LOL).

Cynigher
25-12-2014, 18:59
There is another similar (albeit nerdy related) thread so just quoting what I put there.

To expand I also got two new shirts from my mom, socks, a couple of books from my brother (ultimate warrior books, some cookbooks), candy, chocolate.

I do a secret Santa with my in-laws (we all draw one name and buy a gift for them), my father-in-law got my name and bought me a scroll saw (probably so I stop borrowing his LOL).

I'd quite like to know what the Iwata airbrush's are like because they look lovely. I'm using my badger at the moment

3eland
25-12-2014, 19:05
I'd quite like to know what the Iwata airbrush's are like because they look lovely. I'm using my badger at the moment

Once I get a booth set up I will let you know. My wife talked to a friend of mine who did A LOT of research into airbrushes and that was the one he recommended she get me. It has a .35mm needle so we will see how well it works.

Supposedly it is a favourite but so is the badger.

Cynigher
25-12-2014, 22:07
Cheers mate that'd be great, I typically don't bother with a spray booth I'm pretty happy with coloured snot haha.

Metacarpi
25-12-2014, 22:28
Nothing hobby related, a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for recording guitar, and enough scotch so that I don't have to feel my feelings for at least a few months

Larkyn
25-12-2014, 22:44
I hit the jackpot this year.

My girlfriend got me an Empire Brigade (older boxset from a few years ago)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/SuwyRdy8CXI/AAAAAAAAKE0/i7op6AoDf2w/s1600-h/Games_Workshop_Empire_Brigade.jpg

That one.

My parents got me season one of Vikings, some various Space Marine stuff, and the usual skivvies, socks, and sweatshirt (this year, House Stark related).

My maternal grandparents got me Amazon giftcards, which will probably go towards Empire stuff. Or maybe some XBone games.

My Aunt/Uncle/Cousins got me giftcards to various places.

Gift of the year though is by far the Brigade.

Foulacy
25-12-2014, 23:02
One magos Dominus, 9 Thallax, 4 Castellax, 1 Thanatar!! Can't wait to build and play!

Also got some fantasy stuff I wasn't expecting! A random box of ogres! Most my Xmas pressies revolved around GW stuff this year.

still-young
25-12-2014, 23:20
A couple of Malifaux crews, an infinity set, and a Woldwrath colossal for hordes. But any money I get will be going on Fantasy, and maybe 30k.

Dolomedes
26-12-2014, 00:20
I got hit lucky one and the old folks surprised me with a Glottkin, without me even mentioning that I play a legions of chaos army. Chuffed to bits.

Kakapo42
26-12-2014, 02:25
Not a lot Warhammer related - most of my gifts were either DVDs, CDs (yes, I still listen to music on CDs) or confections of various kinds, and the hefty wad of money I did get is currently intended for 40k (2 Tau tanks, likely a Devilfish and Hammerhead, and two infantry boxes, to be decided when I go in to get them). Some of it has been reserved for a new Standard Brush (I decided to retire my current one the other day after noticing how worn it was getting), and I did get a copy of The Broken Sword and Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion by Eluveitie, which should give my interest in fantasy a much needed boost as I work through the literal mountain of Warhammer Fantasy boxes and blisters I currently have.

herohammer
26-12-2014, 05:08
I got 20 something avenging knights of the cleansing flame from the 1980s to use for eternal guard in my wood elf army

Ludaman
26-12-2014, 08:22
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/26/e77bd52d6b2fbda2f8888bcc5e9ed5d9.jpg

Merry X-Mas ;)

Larkyn
26-12-2014, 14:53
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/26/e77bd52d6b2fbda2f8888bcc5e9ed5d9.jpg

Merry X-Mas ;)

I wish Warseer had a "Like" button...

That's so awesome.

Stegadeth
26-12-2014, 23:14
I received about $400 cash but have no idea where to spend it on my Lizardmen. I made a post about that, but no one has replied. :(

Ludaman
26-12-2014, 23:17
I received about $400 cash but have no idea where to spend it on my Lizardmen. I made a post about that, but no one has replied. :(

Do you already have an army? Or are you looking to start lizards now?

Stegadeth
26-12-2014, 23:19
Already have one. The thread post is just down this forum a bit. "Returning LM player..."

Ludaman
26-12-2014, 23:23
Already have one. The thread post is just down this forum a bit. "Returning LM player..."

Well I read through your thread, and honestly I have no idea how to help you :/. If I were in your shoes and flush with 400$ I would spend it on commissioning someone to put together and paint my big centerpiece kits, in your case, probably the stegadons :) nothing quite like sending off a hunk of plastic and getting a piece of artwork in return :)

Stegadeth
26-12-2014, 23:30
That is a great idea, but I actually like building and painting, so more models is where it's at for me. Thanks though for taking the time to read it!

Kallstrom
27-12-2014, 08:37
Cash, gift cards, cloth, candy, candles, a drinking horn, canvas, books, bed sheets, a razor, and a signed by the author comic book.
I guess my wishes does not reflect those of a typical 21 year old. ;)

My girlfriend is away during christmas so we will celebrate our own when she gets back. So more presents are coming, along with my birthday on january the 9th. :)

Tato
27-12-2014, 08:57
As my 18 year old son put it this year: "adolescence is when you get more excited about the presents you are to give than about the presents you are to recieve." :) Which also means that when you are over 40 as I am, your christmas stocking doesnt exactly overflow. I did however get the Shield of Baal set which was quite a surprise. Some other presents I recieved and gave out where also gaming related, meaning board games (my family loves board games, each holiday season involves long sessions of playing board games, this time it was Arcadia Quest) and money for the gaming laptop my son is saving for.

@3eland: you shall love the Iwata. I am lucky to own a precision Iwata and my two Badgers dont even come close in terms of quality.

Lord Dan
27-12-2014, 13:06
Nothing Warhammer-related for me, either, though my wife and parents don't know anything about the game other than the fact that it's called "Warhammer". Even if they did, I doubt they'd pick anything up for me. In fact, I remember on my 18th birthday asking for a box of Empire Knights, to which my mom replied: "I can't believe I'm still buying you toy soldiers on your 18th birthday...think that'll end before you get married?"

Lol, good joke, mom.

Noble Korhedron
27-12-2014, 13:39
I got season one of Vikings ages ago. Great series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alltaken
27-12-2014, 14:21
I did reply Stegadeth, I dont remember if you gave a point game on which to calculate this and on which end of competitive or non competitive play you are.

Also I got a deathknell watch which will turn into a tower a chaos pool of some kind and some nice add on for a gallow Im planing.
Gf allways gets me some gw love for xmas :D

El_Commi
27-12-2014, 14:30
I made out quite well this year.

I got given 2x Zombie Dragons. A Black Coach (! My partner knows me so well) and some vouchers for GW from the father in Law.
Today I returned a zombie dragon and with vouchers and some other x-mas money ended up with a Warhost of Naggaroth :D. My local GW had a mystery gift bag today as well. I got two of the Gotrek & Felix omnibus' and a White Dwarf from years ago - which was pretty cool!

Non GW stuff:
Love letter card game, a book on Kant, a handmade rollout pipe wallet, a 'Silver Mt. Zion' vinyl - a Grow your own bonsai tree and a bunch of those Nanoblocks packets.
My partner always spoils me at Christmas

inquisitorsz
27-12-2014, 23:27
I got a gift voucher for GW, but other than that my big skaven order (which I ordered during black Friday sales) finally arrived on Xmas eve. Perfect timing.
Now I have a metric ton on skaven to assemble

knae2001
28-12-2014, 04:15
Told my wife I'd get her a list of a few things I was interested in but she said she already had gotten me something. I had hinted a few gw things so I thought I was golden. Git a bs Star Wars print she paid a $100 for instead. Two years in a row she's done this. I HATE memorabilia.

Imperator64
28-12-2014, 17:49
My first compressor along with a basic airbrush that I think is only suitable for base coating. I'll learn the bssics with that and upgrade to a better one in a few months.

El_Commi
28-12-2014, 18:33
I feel your pain.
I'm still painting my Skaven from several years ago!

Spiney Norman
28-12-2014, 19:36
Ok, the final tally is in

Windsor & Newton series7 brushes sizes 1, 3 & 5

Horus Heresy Legion Astartes Gamers collection (red books)
Legion MkIV command set
Legion MkIV Assault Squad set (20 assault marines and special weapons kit)
Word bearers squad upgrade set and 10 additional WBs shoulder pads
Lorgar, primarch of the Word bearers

6 Hunter orcs on fell wargs (The Hobbit)

40 Mantic Zombies

Attack Wing - IKS Ch'tang and Korok's Bird of Prey

A little light on fantasy this year, but the heresy was always going to be the focus this year

3eland
29-12-2014, 01:10
@3eland: you shall love the Iwata. I am lucky to own a precision Iwata and my two Badgers dont even come close in terms of quality.

Awesome, I am excited to start painting with it!

Evil Hypnotist
29-12-2014, 22:25
A display cabinet and Aurelian from Black Library. I also got some of those Scibor Christmas decorations and the new League of Shadows gang to kickstart my new Batman game interest.

tmr8188
30-12-2014, 05:42
I got the titan forge cannibal goblin from a friend for my skragg conversion. My nano reef hobby took precedence this year. I got a pin wheel, Hollywood stunner chalice, and designer zoa frag from the money I was gifted by family. I have expensive hobbies...

AntDog
02-01-2015, 03:16
Not a lot Warhammer related - most of my gifts were either DVDs, CDs (yes, I still listen to music on CDs) or confections of various kinds, and the hefty wad of money I did get is currently intended for 40k (2 Tau tanks, likely a Devilfish and Hammerhead, and two infantry boxes, to be decided when I go in to get them). Some of it has been reserved for a new Standard Brush (I decided to retire my current one the other day after noticing how worn it was getting), and I did get a copy of The Broken Sword and Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion by Eluveitie, which should give my interest in fantasy a much needed boost as I work through the literal mountain of Warhammer Fantasy boxes and blisters I currently have.

Good call! I love Eluveitie.

Oh, I didn't get any models for Xmas, but I bought my son a land raider.