PDA

View Full Version : Arming Orc

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT
26-12-2014, 11:04
Merry Xmas warseer, obvious question really as post title, best way people think to equip regular orc boyz???

N00B
26-12-2014, 15:12
Whichever way will look best in your display case?

If i do go for basic Orcs I will normally opt for bows. That said, they are one of the very few troops that I would voluntarily consider spears on.

Ozzywhitty32
26-12-2014, 18:08
Merry Christmas and yeah like N00B said whichever you think looks best, they are your models.

Unless you mean tactically for a game, then it's all about what your going to use them for. I Arm mine with either AHW or shield for games depends which army you play though really and what you are going to use them for?

Ozzy

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT
27-12-2014, 07:56
Ive been given 20 armed with spears so was just wondering what is best tactic wise, ill probably make the unit mixed with weapons and have the front ranked armed whichever way i use them, think it looks more orcy with a mix of weapons, is this allowed???

Spiney Norman
27-12-2014, 08:06
Swap their armour for tattoos and upgrade them to savages ;)

I guess common boys can still have their place, double hand weapons would be my preference, more attacks is more orcy.

I'd say your fine with mixed weapons as long as your opponent can clearly see what they are at a glance.

In Dark Trees
29-12-2014, 13:58
Orc Boyz can do well with any armament. They really are one of the few units in Warhammer that can fight well with spears and/or perform the combat-archer role credibly. That said, if I were to equip them with an eye towards maximizing effectiveness I would give them additional hand weapons and/or shields.

I'd like to add that Orc Boyz make stellar anvil units, especially when accompanied by a cheap hero kitted out for combat. They are reasonably resilient and appropriately costed. Their relative unpopularity has more to do with the imperfect mechanics for frenzy (which make Savage Orcs unreasonably reliable) than it does with their combat effectiveness.

GrandmasterWang
02-01-2015, 02:17
Sword and shield for me.

Good parry save and the orc shields look nice. Good tusky faces

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

biccat
03-01-2015, 02:14
Orc boyz aren't used for the same reason that regular savage orcs aren't regularly used - WS3 S3 attacks are bad. S4 is OK, but not great. If you can manage to get 'Ere We Go on the unit then they become marginally good.

Take either additional hand weapons for additional much-needed attacks or bows to trick your opponent into dealing with the unit.

Montegue
05-01-2015, 22:01
Regular Orcs should have an option to take great weapons, to be honest. 3ppm or something.

russellmoo
10-01-2015, 03:54
I would give regular boyz shields, rank them deep and put a character in front, the should do reasonably well in combat.