PDA

View Full Version : WoC/DoC list to play in 2015... Hard-hitting, foot-slogging template spam

MisterMatt
26-12-2014, 20:47
My "vision" for the WoC is a foot slogging force highlighting just how awesome Warriors and infantry are. The mounted/chariot list has been played extensively and I want to field something different with its own tricks.

i'm looking at a core for 2k which I can expand to 2400 where needed. This is a WIP open for input:-

EDIT -NEW LIST

So this is where I'm now at. The Slaanesh Dp makes me immune to special char restrictions and seems to complement the build well. I considered the ETC 2014 Italy WoC list as a template.

The Core I'm quite happy with. Gives me some anti war machine and a nice few chaff. The Sorc and BSB fit in here. The burning body BSB should hopefully give this unit punch against regen

The unmarked Sorc is L1 Shadow.

The Special I'm not quite decided on. My first thought was 2x Nurgle Gorebeasts. My next thought was a Chimera and the extra points on Prince flight and/or the BSB upgrades to Preservation/third eye... Or maybe I drop Special entirely and run another character?

Daemon Prince (WoC): Chaos Familiar; Scaled Skin; Dragonbane Gem; Charmed Shield; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Shadow; Chaos armour; Daemon of Slaanesh 455

Chaos Sorceror: Dispel Scroll; Lore of Shadow 135
Exalted Hero: Ironcurse Icon; Talisman of Endurance; Burning Body; Mark of Tzeentch; halberd; Battle Standard Bearer 196

18 Chaos Warriors: Blasted Standard; Mark of Tzeentch; shield; Aspiring Champion; musician; standard bearer 361
5 Chaos Warhounds (WoC): Vanguard 40
5 Chaos Warhounds (WoC) 30
5 Chaos Warhounds (WoC) 30

Hellcannon 210
Hellcannon 210

1,707 points

-----------------------------------------

OLD LISTS

Strategy:
Two slow moving blocks and a Gorebeast supported by three templates and buff/debuff magic.

Bloab Rotspawned 415

Chaos Sorceror: Dispel Scroll; Charmed Shield; Ironcurse Icon 145
Exalted Hero: Talisman of Preservation; Burning Body; Mark of Nurgle; halberd; Battle Standard Bearer 206

14 Chaos Warriors: Blasted Standard; Mark of Tzeentch; shield; Aspiring Champion; musician; standard bearer 293
14 Chaos Warriors: Mark of Nurgle; great weapons; Aspiring Champion; musician; standard bearer 296

Gorebeast Chariot: Mark of Nurgle 140

Hellcannon 210
Hellcannon 210

1,995 points

--------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL LIST

Lords: 415
Bloab Rotspawned = 415

Heroes: 411
Chaos Sorcerer, lvl 1, Mark of Nurgle, dispel scroll, burning body = 155
Exalted Hero, Mark of Tseench, BSB, Halberd, Talisman of Preservation, Third Eye of Tseench, Daemonic Mount+ Barding = 256

Core: 501
19x Chaos Warriors, Full Command, Mark of Nurgle, Great Weapons = 391
5x Chaos Warhounds, Vanguard = 40
5x Chaos Warhounds, Vanguard = 40
5x Chaos Warhounds = 30

Special: ?

Rare: 410
2x Hellcannon

Total:

Questions:
- Core is a nice 501 of 2,000. How would you do the core instead? I'm liking Warriors with MoN + GW for some ridiculous combats but could envisage changing this unit round a bit? Or maybe dropping one Hounds and fielding two smaller Warrior blocks?
- Special... something to compliment the list. I'm leaning towards Gorebeasts or Blightkings and have about 250 points to play with.
- Heroes... is there even a needed for. Mounted BSB or could two blocks of Warriors with a footslogger suffice?
- At 2400 I'm thinking the first thing to fit in is a high LD General... maybe Gutrot?

N00B
26-12-2014, 21:20
If youare after a BSB, consider a beastman with the beast banner. This will turn the warriors into a deeply unpleasnat unit to face.

I would also look for another combat block. Plaguebearers would be something I would look to as they are quite different from warriors and as you have enough other drops that you have a good chance of matching your combat blocks to their ideal target.

If you do go for infantry blocks still don't rule out chariots - they are still useful for support.

MisterMatt
26-12-2014, 22:08
I'm thinking another combat block. Don't really like Plaguebearers, but dropping only a Gorebeast in Special leaves me with a few more core points to split into two smaller blocks.

thinking if I switch to a footslogger BSB I need a war machine hunter or two?

N00B
26-12-2014, 23:08
For special you could consider some blocks...

Ogres, trolls, and if happy to include beasts then Bestigors (MoN or MoK). I dont think blightkings are that great, but they do look pretty cool.

MisterMatt
26-12-2014, 23:29
I'm trying to avoid beasts until I know what's happening with 9th. If the merge is permanent Ill be happy to.

All three blocks are tempting, but maybe Ogres the least? They don't seem to do much that GW MoN Warriors can't. Trolls and Blightkings are more tempting. I like the flexibility of Kings. They can be anything pretty much and can be screened by a warhound.

MisterMatt
27-12-2014, 00:08
Updated list. Now two core blocks, more anti-ranged and some character tricks.

Sarael
30-12-2014, 06:56
Vanguard on the dogs is, imo, wasted points. They are there to die gloriously and set up your countercharge.

Where are your three chimeras? :p

sigmarus
31-12-2014, 13:16
Get three units of 5 chosen with a champion and add a warshrine of tzeentch. Try spawning multiple daemon princes each turn. I love when i play that list.

MisterMatt
01-01-2015, 19:28
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not putting Chosen and a Warshrine in. That's a different list, not this one.

The vanguard on the dogs... maybe... could save some points there... I'm thinking I might need a war machine hunter or two in this list. Marauder Horsemen?

Sarael
01-01-2015, 21:57
I used to run four units of five dogs and six units of horse with axes as core.

MisterMatt
05-01-2015, 17:10
I used to run four units of five dogs and six units of horse with axes as core.

I'm sold on the four doggies but I love me some Warriors.

List updated.

Bronhoms
06-01-2015, 10:23
You've got a theoretical 0+ on your DP, put charmed shield on him instead of enchanted shield, that'll protect you from a cannonball or the like.

MisterMatt
06-01-2015, 14:21
You've got a theoretical 0+ on your DP, put charmed shield on him instead of enchanted shield, that'll protect you from a cannonball or the like.

Thanks. T'was supposed to be Charmed, not Enchanted. Bless Quartermaster :)