PDA

View Full Version : New Latd army who what and how?

Imp of High Noon
27-06-2006, 12:52
I've got a whole load of fluff in my head for a chaos army. A chaos worshiping nation from somewhere in the dark bit, they've had nothing whatsoever to do with the Imperium, never abandoned the light of the emperor etc. They're on a crusade to bring "The Faith" to a godless universe. I'm having a bit of a time realising them though. The Leader is an undivided Sorceror on a daemonesque lifter throne, using parts of the witch king, Aun Va, spikey bits and some sculpted mail and fur (the chair is not easily recognisable). My Mutants are going to be Zombies (yay for Zombies), a basic mix of cadian, Maruader and Zombie sprues. This is inline with my fluff because the crusade replenishes the ranks after each battle (saint abnett says that psykers can do necromancy) and will allow me to say "Braaains" as I move them :D . It's the 'traitors' giving me pause, I don't wanna base them on guard models at all. I've been looking at some defunt men at arms I've got and wondering... Anybody got any good idea's or pics that I could plagiarise?

cerealkiller195
27-06-2006, 13:13
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/andd95/IMG_0486-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/andd95/IMG_0490-1.jpg

cerealkiller195
27-06-2006, 13:14
first pic uses brett archers the second men at arms. They are somewhat hard (as in you require atleast 1-2 more boxes to make them more in line). The archers just required lasguns and green stuff, with random catachan arms/bits.

loco_smoko
27-06-2006, 13:22
Hmm looking at those pics I can't help but wonder, what are the guys in the secon pic armed with?
I see flamers but the other weapons with the spiky bits really look the part and are a complete mystery to me as to where they came from.
But they look great, I'm asking so I can steal the idea ;)

Cheers

Jerry

UnRiggable
27-06-2006, 14:26
Those look like the necron heavy destroyer's weapon and plasma rifles. I'm just throwing this out there, I have noooo idea whatsoever. Are those both troops or is one HQ

EDIT: I like the pile o' junk behind the models. consists of tons of unpainted models. Very nice, very nice.

ThousandPlateaus
27-06-2006, 14:27
That's exactly what I was going to suggest, and pretty much my WH Zealot squad.

Shaper Shakra
27-06-2006, 14:33
I've seen those before...maybe on Kompletly Kroot? If I remember right that's a custom weapon...?

UnRiggable
27-06-2006, 14:51
doesn't look like it was born from the xacto knife though...looks like its somewhere in the 40k universe or something. That green stuff job is very good, at least compared to me. I don't see how you can recreate parts of units with just green stuff, unless the model is chaos. Then its a sinch

Kriegsherr
27-06-2006, 15:59
Looks pretty good. And your fluff sounds amazing. A completly new kind of chaos crusade.

Hope you're able to bring the true faith to the unbelievers.

Imp of High Noon
27-06-2006, 15:59
Raaaar Thanks! I hadn't even thought of using the archers, my man at arms with lasgun took ******* ages and required the death of a kroot in order to make an arm longer.

cerealkiller195
27-06-2006, 16:43
lol thanks everyone. well they might look familiar because i put them up a couple of months ago here on warseer. But the project never really took off, they were inducted guard for my DH army.

For the men at arms (one w/ shields) those weapons are simply cut down guass flayers from regular necron warriors, i used them to represent hellguns. Flamer/plasma combo represented plasmaguns as i didn't use any flamers in the force and wanted something distinctive.

I should have done better gs'ing i admit it isn't my top work but it looks decent. I found the trick to working with greenstuff is keep working on it almost everyday, as once you stop you start getting rusty quickly. Even just a little bit everyday maybe you just want to mold a face onto a base thats fine. Always always keep it wet!

In the background i have a mix of RT era and 2nd ed Orks, Ltd Ed Chaos Champ, Necromunda, and Mordhiem models