PDA

View Full Version : Price of Forgeworld Books 9 and 10

mightymconeshot
28-12-2014, 02:27
So I just wanted to check that I had this right and it wasn't some error on my computer.

Badab volumes 9 and 10 together (the bundle) is 35 pounds. The two books are each individually are each around 50 pounds. Is that price correct? 35 pounds for two 50 pound books?

Thunderchylde
28-12-2014, 02:30
You are correct - 35 combined vs. 55 and 48 individually.

muggs
28-12-2014, 11:20
The rules have mostly been superseded.

I expect there will be a badab v2 with amended rules once they have sold off the remaining stock.

Sent from my Styges Mk XV Dataslate using Tapatalk

Killgore
28-12-2014, 12:33
IA 9 and 10 are probably imho the best Imperial Armour books FW released, on par with the Horus Heresy books.

The story is well written and really fleshes out one of the biggest chapter wars.

Plus it featured the Tyrants legion and Siege assault army lists, which can be a good laugth. Updated rules for these plus the chapters are found here, http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/fwDownloads

tezdal
28-12-2014, 19:27
Well worth it just for the fluff in 'em, really outstanding books.

Night Bearer
29-12-2014, 21:27
Is the editing normal for FW books?

Because I borrowed a friends' set and the editing - at least of the introductory background section - was subpar for what I would have expected from FW.

Sandlemad
30-12-2014, 00:09
Is the editing normal for FW books?

Because I borrowed a friends' set and the editing - at least of the introductory background section - was subpar for what I would have expected from FW.

They've gotten better in the HH and more recent IA books but the proofing throughout IA 9 and 10 is pretty dire. Whatever typeface they used is ugly too. Still a great deal for the books though.

Azazyll
30-12-2014, 00:26
Most people now seem to assume IA 9 and 10 were a test run for the HH series, and I have to say I agree. Clearly, they knocked it out of the park. I just wish I'd gotten them for 35 pounds!

30-12-2014, 02:49
I picked both of these up. It's fair to say that they're not useful for -gaming- purposes, since the rules in them have been superceded more or less across the board; that said, they're quite a bit better than the usual "those dastardly xenos, we must purge them" or "darn Chaos, always cropping up and mutating everyone". Lots of moral grey floating around. Oh, yeah, also Space Sharks.