PDA

View Full Version : 2.4k Competitive Ogre Herohammer

Minigiant
30-12-2014, 09:26
So i have been doing a lot of theory hammering by myself recently and that has led to another list....sorry everyone. This one resolves around pushing what we can do with the 50% lords and heroes. Without further ado here is what i came up with

LORD - Tyrant (General): 322 Points
Great weapon, Heavy armour, Trickster's helm, Talisman of endurance, The other trickster's shard

LORD - Slaughtermaster: 395 Points
Level 4 Death, Great weapon, Armour of Destiny, Arabyan Carpet

HERO - Bruiser: 180 Points
BSB, Great weapon, Heavy armour, Crown of Command

HERO - Butcher: 150 Points
Level 1 LotGM, Hellheart

HERO - Firebelly: 170 Points
Level 1 Fire, Dispel Scroll, Ruby Ring of Ruin

CORE - 7 Ironguts: 346 Points
Full command; Standard of Discipline

CORE - 7 Ogres: 254 Points
Full command, Ironfists

SPECIAL - Gorger: 90 Points
SPECIAL - Gorger: 90 Points

SPECIAL - Sabretusk: 21 Points

RARE - Ironblaster: 170 Points
RARE - Ironblaster: 170 Points

It is a pretty tight list i feel with the only things i was unsure on being the Gorgers but with a list like this threatening opposing war machines is even more important than a normal Ogre army. An Alternative option is a small unit of scouting Maneaters. Let me hear your thoughts

Scammel
30-12-2014, 11:14
You threaten war machines straight off the bat with the Slaughtermaster, Sabretusks and Ironblasters and a maybe-turn-3-charge isn't good enough in the first instance in a competitive environment. Beyond that, it's solid - I'm personally not a fan of Ogres and try to invest in more Ironguts where possible as WS3 S4 scares very little these days. I'm also wondering if you've got a little too much invested in characters, the second Hero caster seems particularly superfluous. Whilst I appreciate that you can never have enough magic defence, I reckon most lists can get by with the level 4 and either the Scroll or Heart. With the points saved there alongside the Gorgers, you can boast a pretty beastly unit of 'Eaters or Mournfangs.

Minigiant
30-12-2014, 13:18
@Scammel: The Firebelly is crucial for the flaming attacks and clearing chaff whilst the Level 1 Butcher is unfortunately compulsory as you are required to take a wizard with the lore of the great maw and my level 4 is running lore of death. Having 8 drops is a concern and that can fixed by replacing the gorgers but i do not know what to replace them with. The core on the other hand can be added to but cannot be reduced as i am at 25% on the dot. I am hoping that the added Tyrant and Firebelly to the units add that much needed combat boost.

Scammel
30-12-2014, 13:42
180pts will get you a pair of Mournfangs which can quite happily clear light-to-medium units off flanks, plus a little excess.