PDA

View Full Version : hobby new years resolutions

WarsmithGarathor94
31-12-2014, 11:46
So what are everybodys new years resolutions hobby wise mine are
1) to do a undivided csm army using very few marked units and use quite a few units and combos that get rarely used as tbh it feels so easy to win with daemons
2) to learn to build non walker vehicles properly
3) tp start playing more for fun than to troll people
4) to become a better gamer

The National Elf Service
31-12-2014, 11:54
1) To complete all my Tau models.
2) to play more tactically.
3) To learn all the 40K rules.
4) To win more games and have even more fun than I normally do!

WarsmithGarathor94
31-12-2014, 11:56
1) To complete all my Tau models.
2) to play more tactically.
3) To learn all the 40K rules.
4) To win more games and have even more fun than I normally do!

Good choices haha i must be weird because i enjoy fighting tau

MaliceXR3
31-12-2014, 11:57
1) Keep working away slowly on my Militarum Tempestus Army
2) Get a start on my 30k Mechanicum list
3) Paint more

WarsmithGarathor94
31-12-2014, 12:03
1) Keep working away slowly on my Militarum Tempestus Army
2) Get a start on my 30k Mechanicum list
3) Paint more

Must say i love the look of scions haha and good luck on your mechanicum army

Sir_Turalyon
31-12-2014, 12:06
1) To set up a painting table somewhere safe from my daughter, unpack my paints, revive them with acrylic solution and get back to painting.
2) Set up a safe place where I can play Warhammer Quest with my wife.
3) See how local scene fared when I was busy.

Same as this year, unfortunately :).

Abaraxas
31-12-2014, 12:13
If I can keep up the workrate I had going for the bulk of this (and the previous) year I will be pretty happy.

I am pretty sure I will:
*finish the rest of my Night Goblin army- 6 stone trolls, about 90 Night Gobbos, a Giant, some Squig Hoppers and a few personalities.
*finish the rest of my Genesetealer Cult: 24 Purestrains, about a dozen hybrids, 15 Brood Brothers and some Beastmen
*finish off the rest of my Blood Angels (halfway there)
*finish off the rest of my Squats ( almost there)

I would also like to try and:
*paint up my Bad Moon Orks or Captain Badrukk and the Flash Gitz
*paint up enough World Eaters and Khorne Daemons for a 2000pt game of 2nd edition

warlordbob
31-12-2014, 12:22
1. To finish painting my Crimson Fists, and make a proper attempt at getting some Dark Angels done.
2. To get back into painting my Lizardmen and Skaven, alternating between them after a few units so I don't get bored.
3. Polish of my fantasy armies, with a few monsters for my Lizards and End Times kits/IoB for my Skaven.
4. Avoid any big impulse buys, such as FW Knights. Must save money and paint up stuff I have and use.

Mog
31-12-2014, 12:46
1. Finish my Crimson Fists repainting.
2. Finish those last three Grey Knights.
3. Buy more Blood Gorgons, heavily convert.
4. Start building a gaming board with the gaming group!

Slowpoke
31-12-2014, 12:48
1) I will try to get more stuff painted. My ork horde has too many grey figures already :(

2) I will cut down on impulse purchases.

3) I will start(if I have time and money!) my dream project: A Chaos Daemon Engine Cult. For the lulz.

Latro_
31-12-2014, 12:58
I want to paint 3 armies next year 1500-1850 each

totgeboren
31-12-2014, 13:21
I only got 14 infantry models left (all half painted) and 3 vehicles (one half painted) for my CSM, and I'm pretty sure I will finish them during the beginning on next year. So they don't feel like something to make a resolution about.
However, I have lots of orks who are only half-done, and they have been that way for years.

So, new years resolution: I will finish my painting my Ork army!

Kegslayer
31-12-2014, 13:27
1. I want to finish my flesh tearers that i got for Christmas
2. Actually play the game

Killgore
31-12-2014, 13:46
I did great this year for painting various forces, but didn't complete each army.

1) Finish painting my Orks and Tau, both are nearly finished, just a couple dozen models for each to do.
2) Rebase my Ultramarines battle company from horrible static snow to brown and grass, also finish painting a couple of dreadnoughts and command figures.
3) Finish my Black Templars, from memory I have between 10-20 Crusader marines, 1 or 2 Land speeders, 10 Sternguard, a few character models and a single Terminator.
4) Paint my Tempestus Firebase, last years big Christmas present is still sitting half assembled in its box, this needs to be rectified.
5) Paint FW's Horus and Abaddon. Even though I gave up on a Sons of Horus army after failing to get the paint colour right, I still want to paint the characters that I bought.

All this is achievable, just need to crack on.

Szalik
31-12-2014, 14:04
1) Paint more
2) Start converting some of my guard to zombies
3) Spend as little on 40k as possible, since most of my miniature wishes are already fullified
4) Find time to end, playtest more and propagate my 40 amendments

gwarsh41
31-12-2014, 14:37
1. Finish my Nurgle GK army
2. Finish painting all of my current SW models
3. Continue to debate playing fantasy

Kulgur
31-12-2014, 15:11
1) To finally do that goddamn praetorian imperial guard artillery company I've been meaning to do for about 10 years
2) To paint more. Which is probably on everyone's lists.
3) To read less about rumours and upcoming stuff, and enjoy the game for what it is. Seriously nothing kills my motivation to do an army like hearing they'll be redone soon (and thus everyone else will be playing them)

HelloKitty
31-12-2014, 15:17
For 2015 my resolution is to put less time on forums and internet discussion groups involving Games Workshop :D

And to finish up a slaaneshi expansion to my chaos army.

WarsmithGarathor94
31-12-2014, 15:55
Wel my csm are being reborn as Iron Warriors and luckily i have a 1500 point list which il slowly be painting up hoping to be able to go to throne of skulls at some point next year

Ozendorph
31-12-2014, 17:27
Forming a new group, which is pretty fun. Got a few long time players that have been inactive since 6th dropped (myself included), and a few spanky new players that want a taste of the grimdark. On the model side I've got a mess of Chaos kits to build and paint, and I'm going to get some new units for my Angels so I can run any combo of "wings" legitimately.

insectum7
31-12-2014, 17:34
For 2015 my resolution is to put less time on forums and internet discussion groups involving Games Workshop :D

Probably healthy. :)

I'm going to try and finish my company. I've got two Tactical Squads and one Assault Squad to go.

Glyn
31-12-2014, 17:43
to finish painting my Imperial Knight, and to finally build a new Space Marine army and finish it. The big one though is to start and finish a project as this past year i've not managed that

oftenwrong
31-12-2014, 17:53
Ordered a 2k iyanden eldar army on Monday so i'll be getting that done in 2015.

ASSASSINAWOKEN
31-12-2014, 18:21
I need to keep mine simple.

I need to just paint something one a week. Painting something once a week will show more than not painting anything for two weeks or a month or more.
Paint more Tyranids
Paint more Blood Angels
I need to assemble somthing once a week. Same as for painting, but it will allow time for tough magnet jobs to complete and so forth.
Learn more 40K rules and codex rules.
Find something to do with an unassemble and unused Chaos army.

AngryAngel
31-12-2014, 19:15
Handle building of what I have, not spend much on 40k this coming year, enjoy all of my games, including the two wing games ( X and Attack ) , play some 40k when the chance arises and be involved in ( This is less a wish or resolution and more just inevitable fact ) heated discussions about what is and is not good in GW in general, or 40k more exactly. That last is just a steady year on year event.

Gazak Blacktoof
31-12-2014, 19:20
To get my blood angels painted and finish assembling all my eldar vehicles.

Beppo1234
31-12-2014, 21:14
'nids, once the master plan is complete (only 20 sisters to go!). But 'nids. I'm pretty happy with my ability to paint non-organics, and limited flesh. I want to improve my approaches to fleshes, and nids seems like the best way to do that.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
31-12-2014, 21:55
Finish building and painting that battle company of Fists.

Jathom
31-12-2014, 23:14
1. Finishing building and painting everything I own before I expand on anything (my Blood Angels may be the exception, as I don't think they're even playable as is).
2. Play some actual games!
3. Find people that play so I have a group of regulars to play with.
4. Enjoy myself. This is a hobby, it's supposed to be fun.

dblaz3r
31-12-2014, 23:26
1. Play at least 1 game a week.
2. Paint 3k of Tyranids.
3. Finish all my almost painted minis.
4. Assemble all unassembled models.
5. Paint Warhound.
6. Paint all the allies I have.

Time to get started.

MvS
31-12-2014, 23:43
Paint, write, rinse and repeat.

Happy new year!

Asura Varuna
01-01-2015, 02:07
1) Finish building my OOP broadsides.
2) Highlight my Tau (for someone bad at painting this is going to be my greatest challenge.)
3) Build & paint the remainder of my Daemon army.
4) Strip and repaint the remainder of my Chaos army.
5) Make more time for gaming.

6) Don't buy any new models.
7) Spend less time on Warseer and more time painting.

Looking forward to necroing this thread in 12 months time to how many of these goals have actually been completed!

Scribe of Khorne
01-01-2015, 05:29

And to finish up a slaaneshi expansion to my chaos army.

DONT LEAVE ME KITTY!!

My hobby resolutions.

1. Begin an army (DE/Eldar/Harlequin) and finish it within the year. Fully painted, based, the whole works.
2. Wrap up some loose projects.
3. Kick off a kill team league.

Althenian Armourlost
01-01-2015, 07:10
1) Finish painting all 40k miniatures I currently own (about 80-100 infantry, 20 bikes, 2 walkers and 6 tanks unpainted)
2) Actually roll a 6 while hitting something with a D-weapon. At least once, please?

Darnok
01-01-2015, 10:37
1. Get myself familiar with 7th edition of 40K - I want to play again.
2. Get playable forces painted for Blood Angels and Orks.
3. Add... something to my Daemons.
4. Play with all of them.

We'll see how that goes... :D

mightymconeshot
01-01-2015, 19:48
1. Finish painting my first company and fourth company of ultramarines. Finish collecting and painting 10th company.

2. Find a reason to play 7th edition.

3. Figure out a paint scheme for my nids.

Still Standing
01-01-2015, 20:19
- Spend under 1000 on the hobby.
- Paint a portion of my Thousand Sons. I'd be happy with a 3,000 point force.
- Build my Deathguard.
- Paint a portion of my Mechanicum. Again, I'd be happy with 3,000 points.

Messiahnide
01-01-2015, 21:01
1. Finish off my Death Guard csm army

2.Finish my ork army

3. Paint my renegade Indians and learn to play Dead Mans Hand

4. Build a Dead Mans Hand gaming table

warlordbob
01-01-2015, 21:06
- Spend under 1000 on the hobby.
- Paint a portion of my Thousand Sons. I'd be happy with a 3,000 point force.
- Build my Deathguard.
- Paint a portion of my Mechanicum. Again, I'd be happy with 3,000 points.

I'd DEFINITELY like to manage number 1 here, though with ET:Skaven and Heresy Fists getting a look in that might not be doable....

tneva82
01-01-2015, 21:35
-Finish all the orks and AM I have now.
-Get painted posses(2) for legends of old west.
-Get painted playable forces(2) for ronin. No idea how much models that is since I'm still waiting for the rulebook to arrive but it's skirmish game so not expecting too large amount of models.
-Work on terrain(40k, old west, samurai)

That's the primary goals :D Secondary goals would be painting blood angels, dark angels and wolves I have(dark angels and wolves are REALLY small). Tertiary goal tyranids.

Still Standing
01-01-2015, 21:42
I'd DEFINITELY like to manage number 1 here, though with ET:Skaven and Heresy Fists getting a look in that might not be doable....

Well I am going to pop over to Warhammer World tomorrow and spend 200 on another squad of Deathguard Cataphractii and IA13. I don't see that pledge lasting more than 3 months!

Spiney Norman
01-01-2015, 23:17
1. To get my budding Word Bearers Heresy army up to 2000 playable points
2. Convert/Paint the rest of my Mordheim O&G Warband to be Christmas themed, like its leader
3. To 'lighten up' a bit more (by which I mean play more 'for fun', use more sub-optimal stuff because it is awesome etc) and find some new opponents with the same attitude to play against.
4. Buy a new figure case, or six, to keep my stuff in, my glass display cabinet is way overcrowded.
5. Actually win a Star Trek Attack Wing OP event.

Sotek
01-01-2015, 23:52
To get rid of stuff I don't use!

Lord Shadowheart
01-01-2015, 23:55
1. Get my Orks painted up to at leas 1k points.
2. Get back to work on the Khorne WoC army.

WarsmithGarathor94
02-01-2015, 08:51
1. To get my budding Word Bearers Heresy army up to 2000 playable points
2. Convert/Paint the rest of my Mordheim O&G Warband to be Christmas themed, like its leader
3. To 'lighten up' a bit more (by which I mean play more 'for fun', use more sub-optimal stuff because it is awesome etc) and find some new opponents with the same attitude to play against.
4. Buy a new figure case, or six, to keep my stuff in, my glass display cabinet is way overcrowded.
5. Actually win a Star Trek Attack Wing OP event.

The 3rd one i can deffo agree with. Im doing a mono tzeench csm force so it will mostly be "sub optimal" stuff. Even tho its not going to be a 1000 sons army i may include a squad or 2

Zaonite
02-01-2015, 11:05
1) Have at least one of my armies fully painted
2) Stop taking commission work on
3) Must learn the rules thoroughly
4) Play more Fantasy
5) Play an apocalypse game

forbin
02-01-2015, 15:07
write to GW and ask them to tidy up the rules as its far too complicated now

then depending on the reply

sell off my last armies and do something else *

Forbin

* maybe I'll achieve that eventually but there's that little remaining nagging thing that keeps calling .............

sheps
02-01-2015, 16:25
1) finish more than I start
2) redress the balance between my 40k and fantasy. Need to find some 40k players...

Commissar Merces
02-01-2015, 19:34
1. Attend at least 2 tournaments this year
2. Start my own battle report and podcast channel
3. Complete all 10 40k buildings I have new on sprue
4. Get painting commission companies to paint stuff for my battle reports.
5. Host a local tournament/event.

Spiney Norman
03-01-2015, 10:25
The 3rd one i can deffo agree with. Im doing a mono tzeench csm force so it will mostly be "sub optimal" stuff. Even tho its not going to be a 1000 sons army i may include a squad or 2

It's the way I most like to play, but getting continuously curb-stomped because you insist on bringing Sisters Repentia is no fun after a while. Sadly 7th edition persecutes this style of play in 40k much more than any of its predecessors so I might have to look to Wfb for this particular resolution. Fortunately my local club will be starting an End times themed narrative campaign soon so with any luck the craziness and narrative motives will make it easier.

OPULENCE
03-01-2015, 11:07
I think my resolution is to get all of my stuff on the sprue built, get my scenery painted and then actually play some games for a change.

Pawn of Tzeentch
03-01-2015, 18:57
1. Finish painting my Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons. (7,500/10,000 painted)
2. Sell off things that I do not use or play anymore.
3. Start collecting a Black Templar army.

Stretch goals
1. Start WWI themed Ork army.
2. Start making battle reports.

TimLeeson
03-01-2015, 20:43
I still need to paint my 6 necron wraiths and finish painting my annihilation barge. Beyond that, I don't really have any goals for 40k as I am spending most of my hobby time sculpting/making my own tabletop wargame and that is more where my interest lies these days.