PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolutions Thread

SuperHappyTime
01-01-2015, 00:13
Had the Anti-Christmas Thread and Christmas Thread already, time to finish the trilogy.

What are your New Years Resolutions regarding Warhammer?

Mine: Build all those battalion boxes I have, maybe get to priming and painting after that.

Ramius4
01-01-2015, 00:32
To get 3 of my main armies up to where I can play with 3000 points of fully painted troops. I'm not sure I'll get there, but I'm going to try!

Skywave
01-01-2015, 00:43
Paint more, buy less ....

Yet everytime I think I'm nearly done buying, another project (aka, new army) rear it's ugly head and I'm back to hunting deals and stocking up on models! But it's not a new year resolution if you don't break it at some point!

snyggejygge
01-01-2015, 01:30
Paint more models than I buy

Evil Hypnotist
01-01-2015, 01:42
Happy New Year guys. My resolution is to improve my freehand painting - need to get some decent banners done!

Brother Haephestus
01-01-2015, 02:22
Simple.

I already have the models.

They are mostly build.

New fluff-glory coming out for them NAO!!

2015 will be my "Year of the Rat." In fact, I am bringing in the New Year this evening by stitching together a Hell Pit Abomination right now!

Jind_Singh
01-01-2015, 04:06
1) Paint my modest collection of dwarfs (2 Skullpass sets, gyrocopters, various characters)

2) Assemble my Nurgle Daemons/Maggot Lord/Blight Kings

3) Assemble my Tempestus Scions

4) Paint my 10th company of Imperial Fist scouts (November deadline)

5) plan and execute another campaign (2014 saw a 18 player Warhammer campaign)

6) Build and paint my Goblin warband for "The Hobbit"

That's my goals - let's see what actually gets done!!!

Stegadeth
01-01-2015, 05:37
Like most everyone will likely say, paint more. When I receive my latest purchase, I will have a total of 5568 points of Lizardmen with only one unit painted, and that one to just tabletop standard. The good news is that despite the cold weather today, I primed 52 skinks, a Stegadon and a Bastiladon (along with some Robotech RPG Tactics Zentraedi). So, I'll start batch painting skinks tomorrow!

Kallstrom
01-01-2015, 08:56
Paint more models than I buy.

Luckily I placed a big order yesterday, so at least I have a decent chance now. :)

I want to paint up my dwarf army and finish painting my daemon and empire army. Not sure yet what to do with my Beastmen. But I am going to try to keep count over how many models I buy and paint at least over 2015. ;)

Greyshadow
01-01-2015, 08:59
Finish my Empire village. I have had probably a couple of hundred dollars worth of scenery under the bed for nearly a year. Good news is that I have just finished assembling the buildings and have them almost base coated. Finally, it looks like they might get done!

TheBearminator
01-01-2015, 10:16
To end this year with a fully playable dread mob and hopefully with less unpainted models on the shelves.

Darnok
01-01-2015, 11:02
1. Get into the current rules enough to play without checking the book every five minutes.
2. Play at least every few weeks (i.e. "regularly").

And most importantly:

3. Get my WoC to a playable, painted force.
4. See "3.", but for my VC.

To end this year with a fully playable dread mob and hopefully with less unpainted models on the shelves.

Wrong subforum mate. Even if said Dreadmob would give any WHF army a sound beating. :D

Malagor
01-01-2015, 11:18
Finish my Averland army, step 1, buying it all.

MasterSplinter
01-01-2015, 11:33
I have so many resolutions for the new year which got nothing to do with tt itself that it might be hard to accomplish everything.
Never the less i have some solid aims for the first quarter of the year regarding tt, which is:
a) to paint either dwarfs or skaven to an end (to have the other quarters for the remaining rest of either skaven or dwarfs and one other army i want to paint from beginning)
b)to align with a tt club in the region where i moved last year

Soft aims for the rest of the year for tt is to paint more miniatures instead of building terrain (which, i feel is some way for me to procrastinate in miniature painting as i often fear to not meet my self claimed goals there) and in general to get in the flow with painting more easily in the afternoons as i think i have plenty of unused time there often.

I will quit smoking another time when im less stressed^^

TheBearminator
01-01-2015, 11:36
Wrong subforum mate. Even if said Dreadmob would give any WHF army a sound beating. :D

Oops! Apparently it happens to the best of us. ;)

stroller
01-01-2015, 13:49
Enjoy my hobby - like I did this year.

Brother Haephestus
01-01-2015, 19:44
The Horned Rat DEMANDS dedication.

I burnt the side of my left index finger this morning making breakfast - you know, the part that touches EVERYTHING! Of course the first model of the new year is the VERY SPIKEY HPA, and I am hating life right about now.

Just thought I'd whine about it a moment. On the plus side, we're about three hours from build completion (for me this includes all trimming, green stuff work, etc. 'Completion' means we are immediately ready for primer.

Urgat
01-01-2015, 22:03
None! I can never respect them anyway.

Commissar Davis
01-01-2015, 22:20
Must complete my Empire army, and by complete I mean build and paint.

Rudra34
01-01-2015, 22:39
Two things: finish my Daemons, and clean/organize all of my bits. The mess is starting to get excessive!

Spiney Norman
02-01-2015, 00:54
Paint up some more 'raise fodder' for my Night Goblin Necromancers
Finish my 'Christmas Warband' conversions for my O&G Mordheim company (really not sure what a 'christmas troll' should look like)

Otherwise very little going on project-wise for my WFB collection, 2015 is planned out to be my 'year of 30k', wood elves have been dumped in disgrace after having their role in the End Times story arc thoroughly shafted by ET: Khaine and now O&G are my new End times hotness.

TheRiverTrollKing
02-01-2015, 03:14

Yet everytime I think I'm nearly done buying, another project (aka, new army) rear it's ugly head and I'm back to hunting deals and stocking up on models! But it's not a new year resolution if you don't break it at some point!

1+
(extra words)

Darnok
02-01-2015, 09:49
(really not sure what a 'christmas troll' should look like)

Make him into a "nutcracker":

Both fits its gaming role (to crack the "hard nuts") and the Christmas theme. Don't ask why I think about such things. :D

Metacarpi
02-01-2015, 10:16
I'm planning on enforcing the "no new units until the last one is painted" rule.

Day 2, and I'm still successful so far!

Mithras69
02-01-2015, 11:36
Finish my 'Christmas Warband' conversions for my O&G Mordheim company (really not sure what a 'christmas troll' should look like)

A Yeti would be fitting, me thinks?

MasterSplinter
02-01-2015, 11:51
A Yeti would be fitting, me thinks?

Painted greenish with a santa claus cap like the grinch would be cool^^

El_Commi
02-01-2015, 13:29
I'm planning on enforcing the "no new units until the last one is painted" rule.

Day 2, and I'm still successful so far!
I say that every year. Every year I break it!

So this year, I've instead told myself that if I start a new army, it will be a low model count one. As such, I congratulated myself on only buying the Warhost of Naggaroth set. Only 47 miniatures!
For comparison, the last big army box I bought was Skaven (It contained 40 Clanrats, 40 stormvermin, 20 Plaguemonks. Several rat ogres and moulders. A Warp lightening cannon and a bell), I've only recently made a dent into it. Only the Stormvermin and Warmachines left to go!

Ograr
02-01-2015, 15:02
Paint more (like practicly everyone else)
Pretty up my Warhammer table with terrain, grass and pretty things.
Find a better place to store all my Warhammer stuff.

Kakapo42
03-01-2015, 07:49
I don't make New Years resolutions, since I never end up fulfilling them, but I am looking to finish off my Wood Elf army. After that it's straight back into 40k as I begin the redoing of my long-neglected Tau army in earnest. In between that I'll also be looking to finish off the last few Battlefleet Gothic ships I have left to paint, maybe some terrain, the second batch of Famous Familiars, and possibly the handful of Bretonnian characters I have. And if I'm very very lucky, get those Warhammer Fortress components and some of the Sisters of Battle models that have been hovering around the top of my to-get list for some time now. And maybe some non-character Bretonnian models too, if I can.

It's going to be another very busy year for me.

ShruikhanTK
04-01-2015, 01:56

This is me so so so bad

I would like to finish off my Empire completely before new Knights get released. I've always wanted to be "waiting" for a new release and just build it paint it and add it into a complete army.

Then this year I would like to either make some serious headway into making a table.... and painting my terrain

Or paint up the VC I just bought, painting Undead is rather easy though so I'm not worried.

Or....paint up the dwarves I have hidden in my closet....too many options you see.

Alltaken
04-01-2015, 02:47
Finish painting my mordheim minis.
Finish those damned saurus scales.
Base a full unit.
Magnetize the whole army.
Cut the metal sheets for all magnetized bases.
Magnetize moving boxes.

boli
04-01-2015, 03:41
Continue painting at the same rate as the last two years.... So hopefully another ~500 models done :)

Oh and try not to get too tempted to get some daemons or Empire (adding more toy workload)

Skywave
04-01-2015, 04:50
This is me so so so bad

I would like to finish off my Empire completely before new Knights get released. I've always wanted to be "waiting" for a new release and just build it paint it and add it into a complete army.

Oh that would be a dream come true! I fear I'll never experience it though, looks like I'm never close to have an army all done though with some ever-expending army ...

ShruikhanTK
04-01-2015, 08:35
Oh that would be a dream come true! I fear I'll never experience it though, looks like I'm never close to have an army all done though with some ever-expending army ...

Yea I technically had Lizardmen and Tomb Kings complete when they got 8th books however it wasnt up to 3000 points which is my target for all armies so I don't count it. Made some headway on the greatswords tonight, almost there. I forgot I had a Hurricanum and Captain....and artillery crew to finish as well....the only way to finish it is to just push it you know? Don't feel like painting oh well pick up the brush and put on a movie you don't care too much about or you'll end up watching it!

Ramius4
04-01-2015, 13:04
Continue painting at the same rate as the last two years.... So hopefully another ~500 models done :)

If I didn't follow your plog, I'd think you were joking :p

CapitanMee
04-01-2015, 15:26
Finish my goal of painting at least 500points of empire. May sound small but It's taking me forever. 120, almost 200 completed, but that took me the past 3 years so...

Reka Dvegrsson
04-01-2015, 15:29
Paint more models than I did last year... which was only 7... I really need to up the speed.

Jadawin
04-01-2015, 15:51
To try and be more organised with my painting and my painting area. I have a bad habit of nearly completing a model(s) and leaving it on my desk awaiting basing or one final touch or something this eventually leads to models everywhere and that sinking feeling that nothing is ever getting finished. I also intend to carry on with my cost neutral purchasing, where I dont buy models without selling some old stuff, not always hobby related, to fund more toy soldiers. Finally I want to get my warmaster orc army up to 2000pts painted at 1000 at moment! And clear my FW WHF backlog of vermin lord, orc command and a mournghul.

Doommasters
05-01-2015, 00:15
Not buy any more models until 9th edition is launched :)

Oogie boogie boss
05-01-2015, 11:32
Actually paint up my VC to a playable level. With fully painted extra models to raise. And then do more for my SO......need me more boys.

Leogun_91
05-01-2015, 12:39
I have recently started two new armies (Ogre Kingdoms and Gnoblar Hordes) so getting both of them to 2k should be my resolution for now.With the Ogres I'm basically there and just lack some models (the battalion gives you lots of models and when you add a hundred gnoblars and a scrap launcher to it you find only characters lacking) but I figure I need at least 300 more gnoblars and two more scraplaunchers for the unwashed masses.

Argive
05-01-2015, 17:41
Get a 2k eldar and 1.5-2k HE army

Have some games

Im hunting for decent deals of the previous eddition phoenix guards (the metal ones before current..) already got a command group of 5 arriving at some pint :p