PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Veteran Squads

An'farli
01-01-2015, 11:46
Hi its just a quick rule question regarding the weapons options for Veteran Squads. I had a game against someone a couple of days ago who had 6 Veteran Squads and in each of his squads he had no weapons teams but each squad had a heavy flamer and he had 3 special weapons in each squad as well saying that it was legal as he had no heavy weapons teams. I did point the rule out to him from the Guard Codex but he still insisted he was correct so for harmony I did not make a issue of it as I also play Imperial Guard but have standard platoons and scions. I did win the game which was good but was just wanting someone to confirm that a veterans squad with a heavy flamer can have a weapons team and 2 special weapons and a veteran squad without a heavy flamer can have a heavy weapons teams and 3 special weapons.

Many thanks

El Torro
01-01-2015, 11:56
You are correct. The codex is pretty clear.

Chem-Dog
01-01-2015, 16:42
The codex is quite clear on the topic, needlessly so in fact. Wouldn't have been so difficult to add the HFlamer to the special weapons list - it's not like none of the weapons in that list is further restricted.

Grand Master Raziel
01-01-2015, 18:06
I would venture to guess your opponent's confusion was caused by the word "heavy" in heavy flamer, mixing it up with the option to take a heavy weapon team.

The codex is quite clear on the topic, needlessly so in fact. Wouldn't have been so difficult to add the HFlamer to the special weapons list - it's not like none of the weapons in that list is further restricted.

Maybe they didn't want people running squads with 3 heavy flamers?

Dominoris
02-01-2015, 02:32
just wanting someone to confirm that a veterans squad with a heavy flamer can have a weapons team and 2 special weaponsCorrect

a veteran squad without a heavy flamer can have a heavy weapons teams and 3 special weapons.Also correct