PDA

View Full Version : would this ruin my armys theme

WarsmithGarathor94
03-01-2015, 19:21
Hey guys now im doing a mono tzeench csm army. Now id like peoples opinons on this. If i only buy the mark for units which already have a invun would it ruin the theme in your opinion?

Scammel
03-01-2015, 19:24
Absolutely not. It's utterly possible for individuals to 'be' Tzeentchian or to seek His attention without bearing a Mark, which is a significant indication of favour. It would be odd if every pleb in every uprising led by a betentacled demagogue had their personal magical force field.

WarsmithGarathor94
03-01-2015, 19:27
Excellent it seems weird that the god of change gives all his followers the same blessing

MaliGn
03-01-2015, 20:37
Actually, I reckon you're touching on something there. Going by GW's design ethos encouraging mixing things together and the ability to "counts as" units and items willy nilly essentially allows you to run mark of tzeentch "counts as" mark of nurgle for example, representing a power of additional resilience granted by tzeentch, rather than the festering presence of nurgle.

If you simply drop the specific deity's name from the marks but still allow them it transforms the chaos list entirely when building thematic lists, people would hate it, because it has only been one way before, but it actually makes more sense that way.

WarsmithGarathor94
03-01-2015, 21:01
Actually, I reckon you're touching on something there. Going by GW's design ethos encouraging mixing things together and the ability to "counts as" units and items willy nilly essentially allows you to run mark of tzeentch "counts as" mark of nurgle for example, representing a power of additional resilience granted by tzeentch, rather than the festering presence of nurgle.

If you simply drop the specific deity's name from the marks but still allow them it transforms the chaos list entirely when building thematic lists, people would hate it, because it has only been one way before, but it actually makes more sense that way.

I agree. While if i do take marks the only one il take is Tzeench i do like the idea of that thr ones without a mark are still favored just in different ways

totgeboren
03-01-2015, 23:31
Go ahead I say. I have a strictly 'Undivided' army, but I still use all the marks and even Cult units! MoT is just 'Marked by Faith' or something like that, MoN is Daemonic resilience, MoK is Fury of Lorgar and so on.

I mean, we have been given a codex that is based on the premise that you use the entire book, if you only limit yourself to a small portion of it, you will likely have a bad time if you enjoy games that are not a forgone conclusion, not to mention the the fun-factor of having lots of options instead of only a few.

MaliGn
04-01-2015, 00:13
Exactly, I've read many of your posts on this subject, and really it is the best use of the book. There's no benefit to restricting yourself and it creates interesting modelling challenges. The only real issue is that certain marks are clearly preferable to others from a purely competitive point of view, although the consensus is shifting these days I feel.

Moirdryd
04-01-2015, 00:29
I think the concept is totally viable, especially if you manage to put in a bunch of characters with the BloodClaw packs and manage to roll up the Outflanking ability. BloodClaws with a WolfGuard pack leader has a few options to hurt some of the tougher units out there, more when teamed up with an independent character. Even without outflanking foot slogging supported by Swiftclaws and Skyclaws can get the job done.

Tuborg
04-01-2015, 02:24
What i plan to make as soon as FW gets off its **** and makes the book, is Thousand Sons.

I will use the Chaos Codex to "represent" various factions within The Sons. So for example i will run Rubric as the constructs that are piloted psychically, have the Scarab Occult with MoN to signify themselves buffing up, similar for other cults.

I will try and do a missmatch of the book to make the Legion work in 40k